HELP! Weight gain when switching????

Status
Not open for further replies.

claire_rodd_1604

Aug 29, 2013
UK
I was totally worried about putting on weight as well, after smoking for 2 decades. I've actually managed to lose weight when I switched to eliquids (my favourite one is Mojito from Simply E Liquid), i lost over 15pounds already, that's not weight that i put on and lost, that's weight that i lost, because i just take a drag (or 5 lol) from my ecig loaded with my fave sweets flavour and off i go, which makes it even healthier cuz i have a much lower sugar intake!

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
I lost weight the first month after switching, and my weight's been steady the second month (only off analogs for two months). If your dad's already had heart attacks...idk. Maybe get a doc involved, as he should quit the analogs, change his eating habits, and start some exercise. It's hard to change so many habits at the same time :(

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Been vaping since January and have packed on 10 lbs. I think the fact I can smell and taste my food better is at the bottom of it tho. Everything tastes so good! Some of my juices are so yummy (bakery flavors) that I swear my body think's I'm actually eating the item it tastes like and goes into hibernation mode. ;)

ancientgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
San Antonio, TX
When I tried to quit analogs cold turkey, in the past, I did gain weight. When I gave up analogs by switching to vaping, no weight gain at all. But, from the start, I have settled on vanilla and cinnamon juices and find that this has replaced my desire for snacks. As others have said try to get him to use a non-tobacco flavor and I'll bet weight ceases to be a problem. Of course some exercise wouldn't hurt either.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I used to think of pies, cakes, ice cream, cookies, every day, when I smoked. Now that I vape, I hardly ever think of those foods, only those vapes. I love browsing the eliquids Flavors the various vendors have, and never think twice about the bakery anymore. Stranger things have happened, I'm sure, but you'll never convince me of that.

I would suggest prepping more than one setup for him. Let one be fruity and one tobacco. Soon, he will learn the happiness of the perfect after meal taste he can get from vaping. ... All day long.
Some Flavors already come premixed, like Bobas Bounty or Gorilla Juice for instance.
I like 555 and apple. Ry4 with apple. 555 with banana. Cowboy with peach.

Make sure he drinks lots of water.

Good luck

TXEAGLE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2013
Arlington,Texas
Since I started vaping in October of last year I gained over 20 lbs( which I had previously lost). I fell off the wagon for a while and went back to analogs and dropped a few lbs but ever since I came back to vaping( about two weeks ago) I have gained another 5 lbs. I think it may be time to start hitting the disc golf course a little more and the Dorito bag a little less haha

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I was worried about gaining weight when I quit smoking. And I did. It was really troublesome at first but then down right frightening. 20 pounds, then 40 then 60. I said what the what the hell, I'm healthier not smoking and I could still wash myself with a rag on a stick, so what the hell, I could always lose wait later. When I hit 300 pounds over weight, the benefits really kicked in. I accidentally fell down one night while walking the dog and couldn't get up. I lay there in the night, 10 blocks from home, scared and alone stupid dog off chasing rabbits. I noticed my mod was about 10 feet away from me. I couldn't reach it! It's one thing to be laying on the ground unable to stand but its another to be laying on the ground unable to stand and unable to reach your mod! I reached and reached and reached. My arms got tired so I dropped them down with thoughts of crying like a beached whale when I noticed when I dropped my arms, I rolled. I tucked in my arms and rolled right over to my mod! Victory! From then on, I rolled all the way home! I was so much faster than walking. I even passed a guy on a bike! Granted, he was about 90 and on an adult tricycle but I passed him damn it and I passed him with pride! My wife was standing on the porch worried about when I rolled home. She was so impressed with my speed that she made me a rolling outfit the next day out of recycled bicycle tires (for gripe) and reflective tape. Now I roll all over the neighborhood! We taught the dog to help pull me up when we get to where we are going. It's awesome. Lifetime has approached me about making a movie about me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread