Thanks USPS. [UPDATED!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Bluecat, I truly do understand what you are saying. I do.

What I am trying to explain to you is that, in terms of practical application , and given the shipping rigors I just posted above, that putting a note on a package isn't actually going to achieve the goal you are trying to achieve, then you will fall short of the stated goal.

Really, I haven't received a professional photograph thru the mail, in YEARS, that was able to be destroyed in the envelope. Shipping and packaging has gotten very sophisticated over the years.;)

Same with eliquid. I've received *ridiculous* packages, bottles thrown loose into "free" USPS envelopes, etc. Then from the MORE PROFESSIONAL vendors, eliquid ships in boxes that they have made for their product, from a packaging company. The Plume Room, Copper Creek, etc. come to mind. THAT is how it's done when done properly.

And by the way, there are many reasons USPS is not getting rich. First of all, they are not in business to turn a profit.

Secondly, they are the cheapest game in town. I just had to ship back a lightweight clothing artticle that the vendor insisted had to go UPS. It cost $10.95.

USPS was only going to charge me $2.80 FCM w/tracking

I think if people had to get all their vaping supplies via UPS or FedEx, their tune about the USPS would change rather rapidly. :lol:

Ohh mate, it wasn't destroyed. It was just bent. I'll have to look at the packaging just to be sure what it came in, but what from I what remember it was stiff cardboard type. It looked like a heavy cylindrical object laid on the edge of it and it curled up. The picture is fine except for the bend which I was able to roll out. I do realize 500 million pieces of mail are processed daily. 1 out of 500 million is infinitesimal in the scheme of this. I understand that and I understand the other pieces of information too. I will keep the pensions out of the conversation. I also believe it wasn't a note. It looked more like a purchased product from USPS specifically for portrait mailings. Now maybe it was purchased at Staples or whatever that I have no idea.

I get what your saying... but there is always an excuse. I get tired of everyone and everything having an excuse... yet I do not get that luxury.

Reactions: Racehorse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread