USPS refused to ship my eliquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawalke4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Florida, USA
So I am in the process of converting my Uncle, a 20 year PAD smoker to vaping. He really liked my ego/tank when he tried it, but is stubborn, busy, and cant be bothered to research, so i told him I would send him some supplies to get him started and if he needed more I would send him what he wanted. He gave me the money, and I bought him a starter kit of a 650mah ego battery, a Ce4 clearomizer, and a charger. I included a 15ml jug 50/50 mix of some boba's bounty cut with around 100%PG RY4 that I had been steeping for two weeks. Really tasted and vapes great and I was sure he would love it. Anyway, I went to my USPS today and they asked if the package contained anything hazerdous, liquid, or fragile. So I was honest and said it contained 15ml of liquid. They asked what and I said it was "scented oil". (I didnt lie, but didnt want a barrage of questions about eliquid, plus it does have a lovely scent) Then she asked what it was for and I said for vaporizing. Then she gave me a look of suspicion, and asked me to be more specific. I said it was for a personal vaporizer, that is inhaled. She immediately gave me a dirty look as if it was shipping a brick of ........ I explained it was an electronic cigarette, and there was nothing hazardous. She asked me if I could open the package, the only reason I opened it was because I really wanted my uncle to get the PV, if not I would have walked out, and she looked at the liquid, and the PV and told me "I'm sorry sir, but we can't ship this because we cant ship any tobacco, alcohol or drug related items, also the oil is a hazard and can not be shipped because of airline regulations and it is a combustible item. Keep in mind the post office is crowded and she basically made me look like I was a dope dealer or criminal. I was furious but didn't bother to argue because I knew it would make no difference. I grabbed my package and walked out. All the juice i get from vendors is sent USPS no problem, I don't see why this was an issue. Anyway, I will try fedex ground and see if I get a better outcome.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
I don't think I'd have said anything, just "Yup...fragile..." Awhile back I had an order from Johnson Creek, bunch of smoke juice, the post office busted one of the 30ml bottles and it came dripping from one corner. Sure smelled nice! It was 24mg to, I wonder how many postal employees were able to skip their smoke break after handling it. :D

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
I shipped out some eliquid and kangers a couple of weeks ago to a person who purchased from me. They asked me those questions also....I felt bad but all I kept saying was it is fragile. I knew if I said what was in it they would question it.....I also do not understand the difference between us mailing it and a vendor. :glare:

Tracey

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
So I am in the process of converting my Uncle, a 20 year PAD smoker to vaping. He really liked my ego/tank when he tried it, but is stubborn, busy, and cant be bothered to research, so i told him I would send him some supplies to get him started and if he needed more I would send him what he wanted. He gave me the money, and I bought him a starter kit of a 650mah ego battery, a Ce4 clearomizer, and a charger. I included a 15ml jug 50/50 mix of some boba's bounty cut with around 100%PG RY4 that I had been steeping for two weeks. Really tasted and vapes great and I was sure he would love it. Anyway, I went to my USPS today and they asked if the package contained anything hazerdous, liquid, or fragile. So I was honest and said it contained 15ml of liquid. They asked what and I said it was "scented oil". (I didnt lie, but didnt want a barrage of questions about eliquid, plus it does have a lovely scent) Then she asked what it was for and I said for vaporizing. Then she gave me a look of suspicion, and asked me to be more specific. I said it was for a personal vaporizer, that is inhaled. She immediately gave me a dirty look as if it was shipping a brick of ........ I explained it was an electronic cigarette, and there was nothing hazardous. She asked me if I could open the package, the only reason I opened it was because I really wanted my uncle to get the PV, if not I would have walked out, and she looked at the liquid, and the PV and told me "I'm sorry sir, but we can't ship this because we cant ship any tobacco, alcohol or drug related items, also the oil is a hazard and can not be shipped because of airline regulations and it is a combustible item. Keep in mind the post office is crowded and she basically made me look like I was a dope dealer or criminal. I was furious but didn't bother to argue because I knew it would make no difference. I grabbed my package and walked out. All the juice i get from vendors is sent USPS no problem, I don't see why this was an issue. Anyway, I will try fedex ground and see if I get a better outcome.

My answer to this one is: Yes, it contains liquid food flavorings. That has always ended the conversation satisfactorily with the postal folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread