ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Just came across this and thought alot of other people would be interested:

PSA: What tanks use Kanger Protank atomizers? | Deus Ex Vaporis

[h=1]PSA: What tanks use Kanger Protank atomizers?[/h]
In 2013, Kanger apparently invented the replaceable atomizer head to which all other BCC heads pale in comparison. It’s not perfect, buy the lowly Protank Atomizer Head has apparently become something of an industry standard. These come in single units, or packages of five, and retail for anywhere between $1.10 – $3 each, depending on vendor and quantity.
When I was choosing my first rebuildable clearo, I discovered that both the EVOD and Protank could use the same atomizer heads. I like the idea of commonality of spare parts (incidentally this is also why I shoot Glock pistols; I can use the same magazine in four different pistols). Since then, Kanger has decided to stop making EVOD specific heads, and now produces 4 different BCC tanks that use the Protank atomizer (soon to be five when the Mini Protank 2 is released).
But Kanger is not the only one making tanks that use this atomizer. So which tanks on the market can use the Protank atomizer head?
[h=2]Kanger Protank[/h]
This is the one that started it all. See my review here.
[h=2]Kanger Protank 2[/h] [h=2] [/h] This is the latest evolution in the Protank line, a Protank that not only uses no glue, but that is user serviceable with replaceable parts. Review coming soon.
[h=2]Kanger Mini Protank[/h]
The recently released Mini Protank comes in an eGo threaded version only at this point, though the box has a check box for a 510 version, which Kanger has said is in the works. Review coming soon.
[h=2]Kanger Mini Protank 2[/h] Click to enlarge

This is the forthcoming Mini version of the Protank 2. I can’t wait to get my hands on one of these.
[h=2]Kanger EVOD[/h]
The EVOD is essentially a plastic and metal version of the Mini Protank. Review coming soon.
[h=2]AnyVape Davide[/h]
This is clearly a clone of the Protank design, with some of the features of the Protank 2.
[h=2]AnyVape Mini Davide[/h] This is like the AnyVape version of the Mini Protank 2.
[h=2]DBox Puritank[/h] I think we can all draw our own conclusions about where this design came from. I have to wonder if this is a clone, or the night shift at the Kanger factory moonlighting.
[h=2]Kamry X9[/h] This is just a blatant rip off of the original Protank.
[h=2]Kamry X10[/h] This is some weird clone of the DCT carto tank that uses Protank atomizer heads rather than a carto. I feel like there is just something wrong about this at a fundamental level, but it does look kinda cool.
[h=2]Vision V-Tox[/h]
Despite so obviously being an EVOD clone, I really like that it has four windows into the tank rather than the two that are on the actual EVOD.
[h=2]Tatroe Tank[/h]

JaneinMesa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
AZ
Awesome thread! I've often looked at many a BCC tank and wondered if the Kanger coil would fit.

I have one to add, I believe the Hyper tank takes protank coils...

Hypertank Pyrex Glass BCC - Viper Vape Inc

Was just looking at that one! But then I read someone looking for a replacement base and they couldn't find one. I just emailed a local supplier about it. I don't need glass, but it does look like it work work if it's made well. It looks very similar to the X10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread