New kanger bases not evod head friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I just got my protank 2, whoot! Anyways as soon as I got it I threw in an evod head I rebuilt with a microcoil. There was hardly any air flow. I was going nuts trying to figure out what was wrong. I ordered an extra base as well that I got to fix an old protank and that base had the same result. After about a half hour of pulling my hair out I stuck the base I got with my original protank from a few months back on the protank 2 and it works perfect with the evod head.

I came to the conclusion that kanger changed the protank base somehow. It's a bit irritating to me. I think I'll have to get used to the protank heads airflow. Or use the evod shaft on the protank head. Oye. At least I figured out the issue.

Anyone else notice this?

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Check this out. On the left is the evod head in the old style base. On the right the evod is installed in the new style base. Sorry about the pic quality but you can see the head on the left has more room around it vs the right.

IMAG0308.jpg

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
I dont have a Protank 2 yet, but thanks for posting this, as it is nice to know for future reference.

Do the protank heads have the same spacing issue on the bottom as the evod heads do?

They are fine because the positive pin on the protank head is a good size smaller than the positive of the evod head. I never noticed this before because I've been using the evod head in the protank for months.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
I'm sick of Kanger nonsense. Nothing works, clearos and heads are cheap but they keep on changing things. It's driving me mad, I'm not buying any more Kanger nothing until this is clearing out and the heads and clearos become one. Maybe never.

Sorry for the rant...

It's ok. Just have to adapt. I'll have to use the evod shafts on the protank base for it to work. A bit annoying but that's the world of vaping sometimes.

NumberOneBatfan

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
Silverton, OR
So, bottom line, if you want the tighter draw of the evod in the protank you have to take the shaft off the evod head and put it on the the protank head. Annoying yeah but what can you do?

Well they stopped making the evod heads anyway, from here on out they're the same. Any new evod/protank/protank mini/protank2 are the same unit. So make sure you've got rebuilding them down I guess, if the evod is your preference. I've only had protanks and like the draw so I have no point of reference, is it a noticeable difference?

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Well they stopped making the evod heads anyway, from here on out they're the same. Any new evod/protank/protank mini/protank2 are the same unit. So make sure you've got rebuilding them down I guess, if the evod is your preference. I've only had protanks and like the draw so I have no point of reference, is it a noticeable difference?

It's a bit tighter yes. I'm just going to get used to the OG protank heads, and still use the evod heads in my evods. I have about 30 which should last.

bikerbeagle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Wichita, KS USA
Seems to me like I remember reading somewhere that there is one less air hole in the Protank 2 base? ...dunno for sure, mine haven't arrived yet. If true, it's entirely possible that less air holes plus the larger diameter of the EVOD post (which is why they are used on the Protank to begin with) simply cuts off too much air flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread