New kanger bases not evod head friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Or for a really different experience, put a Provod head in a Vivi Nova. Then drink a few more cups of coffee and start over... :facepalm:

Speaking of vivi novas. I tried one the day and the draw was tight as hell. I'm definitely used to the kanger draw now.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Or for a really different experience, put a Provod head in a Vivi Nova. Then drink a few more cups of coffee and start over... :facepalm:

Remember, Coffee, THEN you rebuild :)

Of course, I'm one of those folks that actually drinks decaf (GOOD decaf, mind you, yes it DOES exist) for the flavor of the coffee too... pretty much, if there's not coffee in my cup, I'm asleep.

I tested one of the I am going to guess original runs of protank heads in an Evod today, actually. Fits fine, but I didn't load it, jsut wanted to check it. I might try it with something that has a wicked throat hit and see if it makes it a bit more vapable ... (hoping for an airier draw on that tbh.)

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Boise, Idaho, United States
The 'protanks' we got from FT all came with the shorter evod-style heads...they seem to work fine. On the flip side, I use both style heads in my evods and don't really notice much difference. Then again, I'm definitely not picky - as long as I have some tasty juice and a vv device, I'm a happy girl. LOL

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Have you tried turning down the power on the harsh ones? Sometimes that helps. Sometimes they're just harsh!!

Living near the home of Starbucks and their ilk, yep, good decaf does exist. Not my usual quaff, but caffeine is my other addiction. :vapor:

As for the throat hit, I have some "emergency juice" that hits like a mule for those times where I want/ need more nic... I don't vape it often, but I'm just curious to see if it does tone it down. I've tried different voltages and wattages, still seems to kick hard no matter what, but that's likely due to the nic content. (I normally use 12-6mgs depending on the time of day, the emergency juice is an 18mg.)

And, I'm sorry for your situation being so near to starbucks :oops: Never was much of a fan of that stuff... always tastes burnt to me. I'm blessed enough to have about a years supply of Lion brand kona. (as well as their decaf... good stuff!)

Oh, and about 90million k-cups for when I'm lazy. Or at 05:40 in the AM...cause I don't have the brain power to do more than push a button and receive delicious, hot, caffeinated life.

I'm not sure if I spend more on my vape budget or our coffee budget... lol

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thankfully we have lots of other options than Starbucks. Yeah, burnt from over-roasting. We tend to the other options when we're out, fresh ground French Roast at home. But Starbucks is like hitting a fruity juice with too much power! Definitely burned!

Comparing brewing devices, grinders and beans to vaping.... hardware and expendables... Actually, I think I spend more on coffee now!

Nic and PG seem to be the big "drivers" of TH. Which, to me, isn't a harsh taste, more of a hard taste. Hard to describe. But the way I see it, harsh is more like burnt - or dry - hits. So if you really like that juice, maybe try a different PG/VG ratio?

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Have you tried turning down the power on the harsh ones? Sometimes that helps. Sometimes they're just harsh!!

Living near the home of Starbucks and their ilk, yep, good decaf does exist. Not my usual quaff, but caffeine is my other addiction. :vapor:

I get harsh hits on the first hours of the day, that's why I just can't vape the Terminators early in the morning. I don't get burnt taste from HHV's fruity vapes, but high voltage mutes flavor, so I turn it down.

I've been awake for 5 hours (sort of) and it still hits hard on Liqua's Citrus Mix, 2.5 ohm head at 9.5 W.

In the second home of expresso (Argentina and Uruguay are two of the countries where every cafe, small and big, has an expresso machine), paying for overpriced cofee in a paper cup as of Starbucks is silly. Still, many youngsters seem to prefer Starbucks.

I like mine strong, in a small cup (a little bigger than italian ristretto) with a dash of milk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread