Success Story and a question

NewPT

Dec 28, 2014
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Hi all,

[TLDR]
I rarely vape anymore, basically a tank of juice and battery charge will last me a couple months.

Is it safe to vape juice (0mg nic.) that has been in my tank for two months?

[long story]
I'm in my 10th year of quitting cigarettes, thanks to vaping.

After quitting, I vaped for a few zeros, gradually reducing the nicotine, until i got to 0mg, and then I stopped. I didn't deliberately make an effort to quit vaping, as I lost my addiction to nicotine, I just kinda forgot about it.

A couple of months ago, I decided to pick up some juice and have the occasional vape.

I packed up all my old gear, brought it to the vape shop.

The person behind the counters was fascinated by the "antiques". Needless to say replacement coils and tanks were no long an option.

So I picked up a VooPoo Drag S kit, and 60ml of 0 nicotine menthol, and started enjoying the occasional vape.

The problem is, I vape so rarely, a tank and a full charge will last me 2 months.

How long can juice, in the tank last and be safe to vape?

Thanks!

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Is it safe to vape juice (0mg nic.) that has been in my tank for two months?

Probably not, but no one can truly answer that. However in MY OPINION, since you are now using a plastic pod, I PERSONALLY would be more inclined to err on the side of caution and think it COULD be unhealthy to vape juice left for long periods of time in said plastic tank.

Since you hardly vape, you may as well spend a few dollars a month and use fresh juice in a cleaned pod. I would also transfer my juice to a glass dropper bottle. I don't trust plastics for long-term but others do so you'll get various "facts", some pointing to "authority sites" with infographics to back up those "facts".

Or you could just quit and not worry about it lol Sounds like you're there already

Last edited:
    Reactions: Falconeer

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    I'm not a plastic fan either.

What I'd do is whip the coil out and examine it for any rusting ( yes it can happen ) clean things up with a tissue and take a trial drag - if it tastes fine, then grand, otherwise chuck it and start afresh.

Howand ever... a couple of years ago, thinking I'd be back shortly from what was then a holiday home, I went east for a minor skin cancer operation, developed complications then found myself locked down again as Covid had popped up its ugly head once more, leaving two loaded Innokin Sceptres behind.

On returning to the west, three months later, they hadn't leaked, the batteries still had charge, so I tried them and they were fine,

I think the answer is "suck it and see!" - but that's just me.

Last edited:

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    There’s also the whole flavoring thing. Any major flavor change is usually net bad. Cinnamon red hot was famous for that one. The longer you stored it the stronger it got. Problem oof course is the reason it was doing it was because cinnamon oil is an oil. So bad. I don’t think you can even get the stuff anymore. Stuff that is fine for your stomach may not be fine for your lungs.

Reactions: Falconeer

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Ya know, we sometimes error in favor of caution far beyond what is reasonable.

You got me thinking, My KF (3.1) has been sitting here for over a year, with juice in it, and it has a plastic tank section.
    Guess I'll try it out.

add:
    It has a simple flavor in it (tfa espresso), and it tastes the same as when I filled the tank.
    Guess it's still a hell of a lot safer than a cigarette !!

Last edited:

JaxonWalsh

Moved On
    Mar 13, 2024
    • Deleted by Misty

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    I'll agree it's by and large a good idea to actually close the tank as it won't work that well if you don't and accidents can and will happen as I can attest and they may cost you money.

When top fill Zeniths first came out I was in company in a Den of Inequiety (sic) with us all consuming the Strong Waters while watching football and getting quite excited as the game came to a close finish. Like others I cheered and waved my hands when a late goal was scored and splattered juice over those next to me as when I'd refilled the tank I hadn't closed it at all!

I had to buy a round of drinks after that and since then indeed I have always made sure my tanks were closed.

A cool dark place/at room temperature? Oh dear, I've been doing that all wrong since 2015.

Mine's alwayd done OK in my pocket when it wasn't sat on the coffee table but it does get its share of darkness when it's on the bedside cabinet overnight.

Mind you I don't turn on the light if I wake up and have a qiet drag, in case it disturbs SHE WHO MUST NOT BE WAKENED WHEN SHE IS SLEEPING so that'll help balance things out.

• Haha
    Reactions: smacuser

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    Keeping your juice in your vape tank and keeping it safe is essential to your vaping experience. To keep the juice in the tank, follow these rules: Temperature: Store in a cool place, at about room temperature. Avoid direct sunlight as it can affect the quality of the juice. Close the tank tightly to avoid contact with air. In general, follow the manufacturer's recommendations and take precautions to keep the juice in the tank and enjoy safe vaping.
    This Juice takes a while to go bad. Even unprotonated. Weeks often. Juice in a tank usually is there for a few days at most so it’s not an issue. If one is storing one’s vape for a long time I could see putting the atty in the fridge or the freezer though. If Nic juice has spent more than a few weeks in open air though replacing isn’t the worst idea. In a freezer Nic can last years. Salts are a LOT more stable. That’s most of the point reallly: increase shelf life. Salts are in every other way I knoW of worse. If there is no nicotine though the shelf life will be years most likely, though the flavorings in the juice are going to oxidize. It probably wouldn’t hurt to take the atty off and keep it in the fridge. Might not matter though. If you’re getting color or taste changes you don’t like it will help. It depends on what flavorings are used. It might not do anything at all. Most flavorings are shelf stable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread