Status
Not open for further replies.

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
Q: Do the bridgeless atomizers have the center hole open for bottom feeding, or is it sealed?

Also, it looks like the center pin extends down further than other attys. Is this an issue for screwing on?
I would say with 99.9% certainty the center posts are NOT sealed. Open post is the norm, any deviation is always mentioned in the product description. If it is a sealed atty, Don will need to update the description to avoid confusion. Very unlikely.

All center posts on a 510 threaded atty will be slightly proud, that is to say sticking out. Some more than others, and if you're using a bottom feeder it's a good idea to check this, and push it in if necessary to avoid shorting the mod. It should barely stick out, almost flush but not quite. Never over tighten, just snug is best. Also just because the one in the photo sticks out doesn't mean they all will. We know how consistent atty manufacturing is (lol).

I'll be able to post some impressions when mine arrives :)

KiloWatts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
West Philadelphia
Thanks dopeh

As for the center pin, take a look at the differences:

Bridgeless 510 LR atty
Regular 510 LR atty

I've been reading about people shorting their mods using the hybrid BF attys, which have an extended center pin sorta similar to this bridgeless one. I wonder if that's sticking out too much, or if it's not a huge deal.

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
Thanks dopeh

Bridgeless 510 LR atty
Regular 510 LR atty

I've been reading about people shorting their mods using the hybrid BF attys, which have an extended center pin sorta similar to this bridgeless one. I wonder if that's sticking out too much, or if it's not a huge deal.
Yep I've seen the pic, the post does stick out too much, by a lot, and you can just push it in with your finger. Same for the BF Hybrids from CoV (made by Vapage), some of the posts slip during shipping, and you can just push them in against a flat surface til it's fully seated. I have some of those on the way as well, for my Grand, and am not worried about it.

Not since I have known him Dopeh...
Thank you.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Thanks dopeh

Bridgeless 510 LR atty
Regular 510 LR atty

I see the difference... the issue with shorting out a bottom feeder (Reo, for example) comes if you screw the atty in too tightly... if you do that, you can break the seal that separates the center post/threads of the atty itself... or you can break the seal the separates the center post/threads on the bottom feeder's atty connection. As long as you dont force it on, you'll be fine. Good rule of thumb is screw in until you feel some resistance, then maybe 1/8-1/4 turn...

Once the center post/threaded ground touch eachother, you're shorted... and bad things happen!

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
Dopeh, Do me a favor & start a thread once you've tried the atty's so we can have a topic open about those too...Thanks:)
Yep you got it :)

Taking notes on it wildbill :)
/drool

Chorn has it right. I'd like to add that in addition to shorts, some people reported feeding problems with the BF, that were remedied by pushing the center post in all the way. So making sure it's well seated avoids all kinds of issues.

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
Slotted casing. Look at the bottom of the casing, the slots help with overfeeding by draining to the catch cup rather than back down to the bottle.

If it works as intended it could be game changing - no more thrice vaped juice going back to the bottle! I predict many more slotted BF atties to come, not necessarily Hybrids.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Also like to add that a "bridgless" atty is better for dripper/bottom feeders... The bridge and too much wick get in the way of traveling up into your mouth. Bridges/too much wick also can prevent proper juice flow to the coils... results in burnt hits.

Unless you're using a foam cartridge on your atty, the bridge is pretty much useless. It is there to wick juice from a foam cart, down into the wick, then down into the coils... the industry got away from using foam carts, but the bridged/wicked design sort of stayed... until now!

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
Also like to add that a "bridgless" atty is better for dripper/bottom feeders... The bridge and too much wick get in the way of traveling up into your mouth. Bridges/too much wick also can prevent proper juice flow to the coils... results in burnt hits.

Unless you're using a foam cartridge on your atty, the bridge is pretty much useless. It is there to wick juice from a foam cart, down into the wick, then down into the coils... the industry got away from using foam carts, but the bridged/wicked design sort of stayed... until now!
Totally agree, I often rip everything out before use. I even have a 306 with no wick in the coil - you can spank that baby with 20+ watts and she doesn't burn hahahaha

@dopeh - I didn't realize juice was actually flowing back into the bottle... My Reo seems like it usually just stays in the catch up. I'll have to watch that.
Yep, if I squonk carelessly and keep my REO kinda still, I can see a layer of black juice accumulate on the bottom of the bottle. Much more so with dewicked/debridged atties, as well as higher volatges. YMMV..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread