Pulled over for suspicious activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
In new jersey - I got out of bed and looked out my window to take in and anticipate another crappy 30 degree day with a good amount of wind to keep ur fingers close to falling off - I showered and got ready for work. All was normal today - same as yesterday and it will be the same tomorrow. But one thing did change...on route 46 (fellow jersey guys /girls will know of it) in Fairfield I was at a light - vaping the life out of my lambo mini on 36mg DIY menthol listening to Howard stern .

To the right of me and behind me are 2 cops - I immediately check to see if I have my seatbelt on due to instinct and I say to myself (nice, you have the seatbelt on) and I take a vape while ignoring the surroundings.

Within 30 seconds both cop car cherries are on and I'm being pulled over . Without even asking me for a license and registration he asks me if I enjoy smoking (delete reference) in front of cops ??!!!

I laughed due to nervousness and how outrageous that question was !! I thought I was being tricked. And then I realized I had the lambo In my hand and from their perspective it was not a cigarette so it had to be something else right ? Because assumptions are always correct :) insert sarcasm here .

So luckily I had juice and an ego battery with me so I could explain to them it was a nicotine delivery vaporizer. One was talking to me from the driver side while the other was in the passenger side window. They weren't buying it at first - they were rude and thought I was trying to get out of something that was a very big crime in their eyes - well in my eyes too - smoking while driving!! Lol

After the explanation and the show and tell they told me they've seen blue cigs but nothing like this. :).

Just wanted to share my story - after all that BS I was 20 min late for work and wanted to share on ECF as soon as I could.

Anyone else have a similar experience ?

I learned a lesson - you can vape in your car but don't vape a red light or in front of a cop - because as with everything in life - the unknown scares others... So he had no reason to think it was nicotine because he never saw a device like that before - they were just doing their job. But to avoid being pulled over and being late for work - I think I can stay away from vaping at a 20 second red light - wouldn't you all agree ? :)

Here is what they saw ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360002240.173790.jpg

Connected via T-A-Talk

Last edited by a moderator:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Three weeks ago we had three cops, fire rescue and an ambulance next door, we are a small community and the block I live on is very tight knit. All the neighbors go out to see what's going on and make sure everyone is alright. We are all standing in the street, out of everyone's way and talking when a new cop comes down and proceeds to tell us to move on because we are in his way etc. This didn't fly well with any of us so we all chuckled as he ranted on.
I pulled my Provari out and hit it, boy did the red flags go off in his mind! "What's that?" as he reaches for his gun! "That's an electronic cigarette." "Well, I've never seen one like that before!" I see the other cops coming out so my security level went up a bit. "I've got a feeling there's a lot of things that you've never seen before officer!" Just then the other two officers come down and call me by name and ask how things are etc.
I find it funny, we are supposed to be aware of every law and ordinance the judicial system throws at us and get "Ignorance is no excuse" from them. But yet they don't seem to keep up with the technology of life at all!
No, I don't have much use for cops, if you couldn't already tell!

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
Three weeks ago we had three cops, fire rescue and an ambulance next door, we are a small community and the block I live on is very tight knit. All the neighbors go out to see what's going on and make sure everyone is alright. We are all standing in the street, out of everyone's way and talking when a new cop comes down and proceeds to tell us to move on because we are in his way etc. This didn't fly well with any of us so we all chuckled as he ranted on.
I pulled my Provari out and hit it, boy did the red flags go off in his mind! "What's that?" as he reaches for his gun! "That's an electronic cigarette." "Well, I've never seen one like that before!" I see the other cops coming out so my security level went up a bit. "I've got a feeling there's a lot of things that you've never seen before officer!" Just then the other two officers come down and call me by name and ask how things are etc.
I find it funny, we are supposed to be aware of every law and ordinance the judicial system throws at us and get "Ignorance is no excuse" from them. But yet they don't seem to keep up with the technology of life at all!
No, I don't have much use for cops, if you couldn't already tell!

Agreed. I vape as openly as possible around LEOs. They try and find any reason to harass a heavily tattooed man making clouds off a PV. I'm usually very rude to them, but at the end of it, they cannot do anything...ACAB. Vape on!

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Agreed. I vape as openly as possible around LEOs. They try and find any reason to harass a heavily tattooed man making clouds off a PV. I'm usually very rude to them, but at the end of it, they cannot do anything...ACAB. Vape on!

Nah, they just want your shoes. :D

Porrn-Hair

Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
New York City
Our Motorcycle/Scooter Club went on a Holiday Ride... Ride always include food... we go into the Dinner, also a favorite of our Local Law enforcement. So there about 10 of them at one table & across from them about 10 of us & for drama's sake I pull out my Provari & start puffing.... & Nothing, that's it.
Alan
This morning The F line on the Subway broke down on my way to work.. they told us all to get off the train. So to kill the time I whip out my new Lambo mini w/ a big ole' Red tank of Peach Juice & I'm sitting there minding my own business on a very crowded Subway platform with to peace officers keeping peace.. puffing away .... & Nothing, that's it...
Welcome to NYC...

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
Cops are people too and I think a lot of them don't know much about vaping. It's a learning process for them as well as the general public. Until they have seen them in person and understand it's just a PV, I can understand them being cautious and thinking the device might be illegal. Albeit, that does not give them the liberty to be rude while we are trying to explain to them it's simply an ecig. I carry a few CASAA business cards (free to print off of their site) for this type of encounter.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I saw the other day there was a thread about someone vaping in the NYC Subway and was givin a hefty fine ,and the MTA official wouldn't hear any of it. he didn't care how the ECF'er explained themselves, he just gave them the citation and kept walking.

but in my case, i felt it in my bones they were DYING to sting me. I could see it in their eyes that they were hoping I was lying through my teeth so they can arrest me. They way they came off - Rude, arrogant, and mad - and that slowly turned to "oh cool, look at that"

My brother is a police captain so i have the utmost respect for these guys, i don't hate the law because they don't interfere with my daily routine (except this one time)...it's a job for them, and they get paid and use it to take care of their families, just like we do.

it's the ones that have been beat up all throughout high-school and now have a "bully badge" and take it out on everything and every one because they have a sliver of authority from government to arrest you if need be.

@@@ i also agree with cowdog 100%, i really don't want to have my day interrupted for anything other than my wife or kids calling me, or work. I don't have time to be late for work, and explain why my device is not for illegal purposes and contest why i shouldn't go to jail right then and there and have my car towed.

thats why every time i go away on vacation to (Bahamas/aruba/jamaica) i leave all the expensive stuff home and put batteries in one pocket, ego drip tip in another, juice in another - and put it all together on the airplane. No time for nonsense :) Off topic, but trying to make a point. we need to carry on with our lives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread