Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in NJ and i dont get that it is banned they let me vape at my desk i walk into bars and they let me vape i havent seen anywhere where vaping is banned i was told to quite at an applebees but thats understandable as people were eating but other than that no issues

I will, occasionally, vape in the lounge while waiting for my biology class to start, and I constantly vape in my apartment, which is a smoke free zone as decreed by my college. I'm not concerned (or discrete :p) in my apartment, as given how lax room checks are, I could (not that I would) set up a brothel in my den and never be noticed. In the lounge though I typically refrain from vaping if there are people in there with me, largely because I don't feel much like explaining the differences, and if it's faculty, I don't think they'd really care, by and large.

Last edited:

GraceH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
A, A
I have yet to vape in a restaurant. Idk, it just seems wrong and I'd rather not be put on the defensive like that. Shrug. I have vaped in a movie theater (back row), movie rental store, wal-mart (late at night), my car, in my home and others. I have had other smokers ask me about it, but have yet to have anyone give me grief about it. Course I have been vaping only a few months. I refuse to limit myself to smoking areas though. I would rather not breath the smoke either and why should I?
I live in Kentucky. Smoking is banned in public buildings but it seems many bars and bingo halls choice not to follow these bans. It's kinda funny really. I haven''t vaped in either of these places...yet. I should be getting a chance soon. My guess is I'll get more questions from the smokers than the non's since mine doesn't look like a cig at all.
Happy Vaping

ShaneBlack

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
USA
Its been 10 days since I smoked, whenever I'm around someone who is smoking the smell is so strong and I start to get a headache from it. I would not vape with smokers because to me it would just be punishment having to breath in their smoke. A few I know who smoke think have asked about my PV, but it seems they care more about smoking then trying something different. Some people just won't quite for anything.

GraceH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
A, A
I hope to convert my mother one day. But she tried electronic cigs in the early 80's and strongly disliked them. I was a cig-a-like, tasted like burnt plastic and didn't satisfy. I've told her about my setup and she happy i'm happy. I offered her my old ego-c 650 mah setup. SHe said "I don't know". She hasn't tried mine yet because she lives a lil ways away. Here's too hoping!
Happy vaping

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA
In non-smoking areas I'm discrete. I stop if anyone shows any fuss because it's the decent thing to do.

Keep in mind any business is within their rights to ask you to stop doing just about anything on their property. And that's not a bad thing.

That said, I do "flaunt" the ability to vape and not bother people. I'll hold the door open while taking the last puff before going inside just to get people talking about it, for example. Only in situations where I'm definitely not bothering anyone but merely pointing out that I can do it. I think of it as my way of slowly educating my coworkers.

I also work somewhere in which vaping will be illegal Jan 1 of next year (a University of CA faclility). At that point I'll go stealth. Without the smell, ash, butts, or smoldering cigarette, I'm really curious how they're going to enforce that policy. What if I deny everything? Having the e-cig on me is legal and the evidence is gone with the wind in seconds. Moreover, if I can hardly be caught because it doesn't leave any evidence, than what's the reason for banning it to begin with?

nicgnostic_777

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
San Francisco
To be honest I still have smoker's shame, if that's a real thing, and so at school I vape with the smokers but occasionally I'll leave class and vape in the bathroom out of some kind of rebellion...I don't know for me personally after smoking for almost a decade I am trying to avoid Antis and their discriminatory attitude so I just settle for de facto segregation :( and I like smokers way more than Antis

Derasha

Jan 10, 2013
New Jersey
In public I only vape where smoking is allowed. This is in part out of respect for others. Also I guess I do not feel like being a trailblazer. If others were doing it I would join in. A benefit of this is that if I am around smokers someone might ask about it and get off analogs.

But you don't smoke? Why would you only vape in smoking areas? Dont you feel your sending out the wrong message? And you said, if others were doing it, you would join in" Mabey the "others" are saying the same thing.
Just saying. :)

itsonlysmellz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
La Jolla, CA
I've found that the bigger and louder your device is, the more likely people are going to ask you what you're doing and the less likely they are to deny you of vaping or give you those cold looks. However, with the ego's and such, because their so similar in shape and size to a cigarette, people tend to see what they want to see and then judge you accordingly. I did have a couple of instances where this wasn't the case, such as zoo's or theme parks where smoking or vaping is strongly prohibited except in smoking areas. Other than that, I vape at the mall, in restaurants, at the bar, at best buy, etc. and no one's been the wiser. As long as you're not blowing out chernobyl sized clouds then for the most part you're in the green.

Datalux

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Sweden
As long as you're not blowing out chernobyl sized clouds then for the most part you're in the green.

Funny, we vapers go out of our way to find those VV devices and LR cartos/attys that will give us those "chernobyl sized clouds" of vapor. :)

Myself, I don't vape where smoking is restricted. Vapor does have an odor, I have noticed it, as have my wife and kids. Thinking about it when I had a pretty bad cold a couple weeks ago, I wondered if the virus or what have you was more readily transmitted in the vapor than had I not been vaping. Seems the whole house had it in record time once my wife gave it to me. :( Usually someone ducks the bug but not this time.

Personally, I don't want to walk through, or breath, your cloud of vapor regardless of how safe it is and I'm a vaper and I wouldn't force mine on anyone else just because I can say it's not smoking - but that's just me.

Last edited:

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
I obey the law (at least where I might get caught.) I will stealth vape in a bathroom stall. I certaintly don't agree with the law, but I don't want to be made an example of in NJ. I'm moving to NC in a little over 2 months, so I'll have to learn Their silly laws soon.

That link above was from about 3 years ago.

Derasha

Jan 10, 2013
New Jersey

GraceH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
A, A
I vaped at a motorcycle dealership today, openly and with out shame. I was amazed, no dirty looks or comments. Not even the sales person. It could have been salesmanship, or the hunky carto tank on a provari that looks nothing like a cig. The only time it was mentioned was when my husband brought it up in conversation. The salesman, not working on our sale, was impressed, showed genuine interest, and may actually do the youtube search's I suggested. Grin. Win, Win, Win (we got the bike we wanted too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread