Provari center post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty89m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Bozeman, MT
Much like the Silver bullet I use, adapters can sometimes push the center post down deeper into the battery connection. With the SB, you can gently pry up the post so it'll make contact with attys/cartos without using the adapter. Can the same be done with the Provari without damaging anything? I try not to over tighten anything onto it, but just in case. Thanks!

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
About two years ago there were issues with adapters that had center posts protruding too far above the threaded outer ring. If these adapters were forcefully screwed into a PV until they bottomed out in the socket, they could create a dead short because the little insulator was being crushed. So its not just an issue with pushing the center post of the PV deeper into the battery connection. Drew from NHaler made a video addressing this problem back then, I'm sure its still available on YouTube if you want to pursue it. The only solution is to check the adapter first and then make sure that you don't forcefully crank down on the adapter after it makes initial contact when dealing with one of these troublesome adapters. I know that the Provari has short circuit protection, but why fool around with something like this that is a known safety issue.
Be Careful Out There

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread