Protecting my Provari from thread damage - a concern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
I normally use Boge or Boge XXL cartos in a tank, and lately I've been noticing that my tanks seem a little crooked on top of the Provari. As long as I don't screw things in too tight, is there a danger of anything else screwing up the threading on the Provari? I'm not sure why they would be crooked if there was no damage.

Does anyone using a low profile adapter or anything which always stays on the Provari so you can mitigate the risk?

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
You could buy a 510-510 adapter, they're not very big.

I don't think you need to worry about the threads though. If you were to cross thread the carto, it wouldn't turn easily. So if you don't force it, you should be fine.

As for the tank being crooked, If the carto isn't perfectly straight inside the tank, the tank will be slightly crooked while the carto would be straight.

Dannation

Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Lincoln, NE, USA
They are correct, I'll occasionally notice that my tank is a bit off kilter, but this issue is always resolved when I put a new carto in. With how stout and sturdy the ProVaris are, I like to think that even in a QC test the carto would bend or break before the ProVari connection would be affected, let's hope so anyway.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Hey njgeek, been noticing the same thing as you with these cheap inexpensive attachments I put on my Provari.
The fit is the same on every device, they fit loosly and wiggle. I'm not into cranking stuff down too tight.
Even then it's a loose fit.

It's the threads on the cartos etc. that are crap. Been using a good quality adapter(510-ego) that I purchased
from Provape, as with cartos, they are not all created equal. But they still wiggle!
The adapter does not!

The adapter rarely ever comes off my Provari so the risk of damaging threads on it is minimal.
The warranty with these is great anyway so if there is a problem it still won't be too bad.
We're covered!:vapor::vapor:

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
I had a question similar to this one when I got my Provari and they guy told me the only problem he ever had was the treading end on the carto broke off inside the threads in the Provari. I thought that was a 1 in a million problem but a few weeks later and I had one do the same thing. PITA to get out but no damage. If the Provari can handle that, consider yourself safe.

Link

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2011
SmokeFreeville usa
With how stout and sturdy the ProVaris are, I like to think that even in a QC test the carto would bend or break before the ProVari connection would be affected, let's hope so anyway.

i was zip-lining in costa rica recently. dont ask me why but i had my provari in my side pocket of my shorts, like a cargo pocket. at the end of one of the runs because i was sort-of upside down, out came provari and landed square on the drip tip, causing the the impact to stress the point where carto and provari meet.
i quickly grabbed it from falling in between the boards of the little platform i was on (about 500 feet drop) and i noticed it was broken.....but not the provari,..carto had snapped off at the threads, leaving the threaded piece of carto still in the provari threads.
i fished it out and popped new carto on, good as new.

also....i have dropped this thing literally 50 times at least. it is built to last. ill bet i could run over it a few times and it would be fine.

Last edited:

aznfknpride

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2009
Hawaii
I just sent my Provari in because every carto/atty/adapter I threw in wobbled quite a bit... first noticed like you when my tank was crooked. Pushed it back and forth and checked with everything I could to make sure it wasn't just janky threads on the carto.

The crew over at ProVape were puzzled and told me to send it in... they didn't send me an email saying what happened but it just shipped back to me today. Hope the problem is rectified. It still worked great, but the wobble was just so irritating... Will report back when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread