Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
So, I recently purchased an IGO-W and I'm having issues with it connecting and firing. I managed to pull up the center pin on my MVP 2 for it to work, but I refuse to mess up my Provari's center pin any more to try and pull it up. Is there any way to push the center pin down just a hair on the IGO-W so it'll connect and fire?

People have said that you can take off the screw of the middle post on the IGO-W, put something that fits down in the hole, and tap down on it and it'll push the pin out gently, however I've tried this (even with a hammer) and it won't budge whatsoever.

What can I do besides buy a new rda? I bought this purely for my Provari because of the decent amp limit and satisfaction from 1.2ohm coils. Am I screwed?

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
My IGO-W's have short 510 center post protrusion relative to most of my other toppers.
It looks similar design as AGI which has a press fit hot pin through delrin/nylon/plastic.
I removed AGI hot pin and it was a booger; had to press it hard, real hard w/ tools.

I suspect you need a bigger hammer but use protection to avoid beating the center pin to death. Would be safer to press out w/ vice, etc.

Me, I just use IGO-W on mods that like short 510 hot pins.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
My IGO-W's have short 510 center post protrusion relative to most of my other toppers.
It looks similar design as AGI which has a press fit hot pin through delrin/nylon/plastic.
I removed AGI hot pin and it was a booger; had to press it hard, real hard w/ tools.

I suspect you need a bigger hammer but use protection to avoid beating the center pin to death. Would be safer to press out w/ vice, etc.

Me, I just use IGO-W on mods that like short 510 hot pins.

Yeah, that sounds about right I guess. I'll just use the IGO-W on my MVP 2 and buy a Trident V2 for my Provari or something.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Yeah, that sounds about right I guess. I'll just use the IGO-W on my MVP 2 and buy a Trident V2 for my Provari or something.

My Trident V1 clone has shorter pin than IGO-W. I think it is adjustable but haven't tried adjusting because it vapes good as is.

No idea why the hot pin lengths vary so much. I would have thunk 510 connector would have a standard spec. Like copy the original 510.

Arch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
United States
casaa.org
Trident v2 is what I would look for, mine has such a long pin it won't sit flush on anything without an adjustable firing pin lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'd be getting the clone for now honestly. I also plan on buying a few RDA's from Fasttech to get the general gist of different ones and which I prefer before I buy an original. I might pick up a Panzer clone there since they have such great reviews as well and some VCT5's somewhere else if I can find them. Any way, that's off topic.

I got the IGO-W to fire on my Provari. I really had to hammer that pin down, but once I got it, it's a lot easier to work with now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread