• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

***ON TOPIC***The Emerald City Public Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
o.k. I'm starting a movement to have vicks title changed to the poet laureate of the emerald city
I second the motion ...all in favor say i!

You would seek to STRIP ME............................ of my title of the most wicked and decadent creature in Emerald? :cry::cry::cry:

Oh, there are real tears, here *sniff*.

I don't think she's gonna go for that.

However, if you were to change Emily Post Vicks title to poet laureate....
I think that might fly.

Ah, the voice of reason.....Emily-Vicks Post would be happy to accept.

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
You would seek to STRIP ME............................ of my title of the most wicked and decadent creature in Emerald? :cry::cry::cry:

Oh, there are real tears, here *sniff*.
Uhhhhh I'm sorry don't cry wicked one, I just thought a change would be as good as a holiday for you, but obviously NOT!8-o

I here by resend my motion for change of status and revoke said article **432** of the emerald act and proclaim here and ever more Vicks of Emerald city to stay are wickedly evil temtress of are great city;)

I will probably need to get that signed notarized & engravedly written into law by the Mighty Wizard, but personally i think its in the bag ...THE!!! Wicked ONE! you will stay:):):)

Sorry, didn't mean ta make you cry my dear:oops:~Rick

Last edited:

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Uhhhhh I'm sorry don't cry wicked one, I just thought a change would be as good as a holiday for you, but obviously NOT!8-o

I here by resend my motion for change of status and revoke said article **432** of the emerald act and proclaim here and ever more Vicks of Emerald city to stay are wickedly evil temtress of are great city;)

I will probably need to get that signed notarized & engravedly written into law by the Mighty Wizard, but personally i think its in the bag ...THE!!! Wicked ONE! you will stay:):):)

Sorry, didn't mean ta make you cry my dear:oops:~Rick

Not a problem princley type dude!!! Check it out.....

By the powers loaned to me by our great and mighty Wiz while he is away.... I hearby decree that from this day forward the motion for change of status and the associated article ***432*** are null and void, and that the title of "Wickedly evil temptress" shall forever remain bestowed upon our own Vicks!!!!

there..... hows that????

Hmmmmm.... this ruler type stuff is kinda fun!!!!:p

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast

By the powers loaned to me by our great and mighty Wiz while he is away.... I hearby decree that from this day forward the motion for change of status and the associated article ***432*** are null and void, and that the title of "Wickedly evil temptress" shall forever remain bestowed upon our own Vicks!!!!

there..... hows that????

indeed yet again the pen proves to be mightier! than the sword and the protector and temporary wizard guardian has signed and validated the bill and proclamation brought forth before are great emerald court house ..Evil vicks, it's now!! official and permeate...you are evily wicked once and forever! more

....three cheers for the protector/temp Wiz of Oz **hip hip, hurry!!**

Pops acouple of party poppers and throws a red coloured streamer across the thread ...

OK! bed time, that took alot! out of me ..I should sleep pretty well now!, like a baby:D

Thank you ooOh! mighty temp wizard and ever reliable friend of Oz:) ..Night~Rick

Last edited:

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com

there..... hows that????

Hey - watch where you're swinging that.....ahem......wand! You could put someone's eye out with that!

And, as the Wiz has returned - I can't second the notion with my own, temporary ruling powers, but I am grateful (and you'll find out just HOW grateful I am later :D) to have this entire affair behind me!

forever your wicked, wicked temptress.....flyboy...

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Hey - watch where you're swinging that.....ahem......wand! You could put someone's eye out with that!

And, as the Wiz has returned - I can't second the notion with my own, temporary ruling powers, but I am grateful (and you'll find out just HOW grateful I am later :D) to have this entire affair behind me!

forever your wicked, wicked temptress.....flyboy...

Oh my..... she called me "Flyboy" again!!!!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Sorry, no can do....I have a new vampire novel I'm reading....Voice of the Blood by Jemiah Jefferson....I'll let you know what I think of it when it's finished.

Well, this book is destined to go back to the half-price bookstore shelves. There's not much to recommend on this one, a rather disappointing read. The characters never really came alive in my mind - which for me is a requirement in a good book - and the plot consisted of only the prelude, and then how the character got to said prelude, now the ending. The only thing the book did have in abundance was sex. Lots of semi-graphic heavy breathing.

soooo - I'd skip this one if I were you, Wiz. Not worth it.

Review: Voice of the Blood
Author: Jemiah Jefferson

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Well, this book is destined to go back to the half-price bookstore shelves. There's not much to recommend on this one, a rather disappointing read. The characters never really came alive in my mind - which for me is a requirement in a good book - and the plot consisted of only the prelude, and then how the character got to said prelude, now the ending. The only thing the book did have in abundance was sex. Lots of semi-graphic heavy breathing.

soooo - I'd skip this one if I were you, Wiz. Not worth it.

Review: Voice of the Blood
Author: Jemiah Jefferson
Thanks Vicks....for the warning..LOL...I have started a new book today(to go along with the four unfinished ones I have)Titled: The Bleeding Season by Greg F.Gifune......Kind of a murder mystery involving 4 childhood friends grown to adulthood....only into 2 chapters...but looks promising...The author is known for "Dark Horror" so we will see what happens here(So far I am not scared..LOL)...More to follow!!!:)The Wiz!

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Thanks Vicks....for the warning..LOL...I have started a new book today(to go along with the four unfinished ones I have)Titled: The Bleeding Season by Greg F.Gifune......Kind of a murder mystery involving 4 childhood friends grown to adulthood....only into 2 chapters...but looks promising...The author is known for "Dark Horror" so we will see what happens here(So far I am not scared..LOL)...More to follow!!!:)The Wiz!

I'm just finishing "Acheron" by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Kinda dissapointing, as it's one of the "Dark Hunter" series. They are normally pretty good. This one drags on and on and on.......
The historical perspective is really good if you're in ancient Greece, but other than the sex, the story is kinda lacking.:nah:

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I'm just finishing "Acheron" by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Kinda dissapointing, as it's one of the "Dark Hunter" series. They are normally pretty good. This one drags on and on and on.......
The historical perspective is really good if you're in ancient Greece, but other than the sex, the story is kinda lacking.:nah:
BM.......That is the problem with "series" books......They sometimes loose steam as they continue to advance.generally they will start strong,and the author will have some type of writers block thinking of ways to keep it going.Some series have even used "ghost writers" to keep a story(or characters alive).Nothing like a good "letdown" in a series that starts so promising to make you want to start somthing new. Thats why I never pick up "Boxed-Sets" of series books recommended by others!:)The Wiz!

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
BM.......That is the problem with "series" books......They sometimes loose steam as they continue to advance.generally they will start strong,and the author will have some type of writers block thinking of ways to keep it going.Some series have even used "ghost writers" to keep a story(or characters alive).Nothing like a good "letdown" in a series that starts so promising to make you want to start somthing new. Thats why I never pick up "Boxed-Sets" of series books recommended by others!:)The Wiz!

Agree 100% !!! I just seem to keep finding her stuff in out of the way places, and keep hoping it will be a good one. As fast as I read, it won't take but a day or two to finish them, so nothing lost there.;)

Howdy....

I think I may have found another good vampire book..... Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands.

I'm about half-way through this one...so far, a lot of humor, good byplay between the 2 main characters, a nice set up, and some very freakish banter between the 2.
Lynsay Sands has a good style, building up the tension between the characters, interjecting some humor, and making them breathe in the mind.

Like I said, I'm only half-way through, but so far, it feels like a winner.

Sounds like good stuff Vicks....
I may have to try to find that one.
I was really disapointed with my last book.:nah:

What are you looking for for reading material? I can recommend a TON of books....

Humor?
Vampires?
Romance?
Historical drama?
High Fantasy?
Sci Fi?

What ya looking for?

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
What are you looking for for reading material? I can recommend a TON of books....

Humor?
Vampires?
Romance?
Historical drama?
High Fantasy?
Sci Fi?

What ya looking for?

Yes...........

What????? (you ask) you didn't specify a catagory!.....

That's right.... I didn't!! 'cause it's hard to find a romantic vampire novel, set back in history where the hero (or ......) has a good sense of humor, and likes science fiction!!!!

Just started the new Jeffry Deaver book this morning. Another "Lincoln Rhyme" novel. He's always consistantly good, so this one won't be a surprise (I hope).....;)

Last edited:
OK. Humor:

Summon the Keeper by Tayna Huff - The main character is a Keeper, destined to keep the balance between good and evil.... She finds herself in charge of an old, decrepit hotel with a literal hole to hell in the basement....her cat also talks, and the dynamic between the two is rolling on the floor funny.
<there are 3 books to the series, but the other 2 were nowhere as good as the original>

Ursala's Gift by Roger DiSilvestro. I put this in humor, but it's a wild romp. The lead character is a soft, panzy of a guy who gets bit by a werewolf, and drama - and action, insue.

Vampires:

Daughter of Darkness by Stephen Sprull. Daddy comes back to turn his half-vampire daughter to his full darkness. A very dramatic book - and spins some additional science hodgepodge into the vampire mythos.

Romance: Not really up to recommending them right now....more on that later.

Historical drama: River God by Wilbur Smith. This, hands down, is one of the books I've had to replace due to excessive wear because I go into it so often. If you love Egypt in the time of the Pharoh's, this is the book for you. It gives a very vivid look of what, exactly, life was like during this time period.

I'll compose more lists as time merits.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread