• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

ToTo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
fenez....Lido shuffle was on ???..damn can't think of the name now...but it was an earlier album...Members of Toto preformed on that one also though....Middleman had the song Jojo on it as well....and The song Middleman was very much a Toto sound!:)The wiz!
Silk Degrees........had the song Lowdown on that one!:)(Wikipedia)Wiz!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Did you guys all wish Sun a Happy Birthday?? There are 2 threads to do that. Both Lucky and I started one, not knowing the other one did it. :) Make sure you tell our friend Happy Bday!!
Jo....Did I wish him a Happy Birthday???? Hell I gave the old Geezer a Big Sloppy Kiss!!.......Beat that!:)The Wiz!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
my parents always had music on in our house, and btw the last guitar solo on roseanna... which in never played on the radio ( they always cut that song short) that solo is considered by guitarists to be one of the best solos ever
That solo was the best part of the song for me fenez...Toto was trying to go commercial with that album(which they did)It was also the last album lead singer Bobby Kimbal appeared on until he returned to the group for thier last two albums!:)The Wiz!

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Bite.....If I had to look that up I would hand you the keys to The Emerald City....Drummer Jeff Porcaro died suddenly in (I think '91) and was replaced with Simon Phillips!....The "other" brother you mentioned was Steve Porcaro who left the band in 1988 after the release of "The Seventh One" album....he was a Wiz himself with the synthesizers!...Mike Porcaro(bass) stayed with the band until they disbanded in 2008!.....and there you have it!:)The Wiz!

Oh Wiz... you are good! (I wasn't sure if it was '91 or '92, so I cheated and looked it up. It was '92)
Being a keyboard player, I followed Steve Porcaro kinda close. I was really dissapointed when he left the band. I've had other "mentors" to kinda "copy" through the years, but he was one of the best.
Of course now I have Jordan Rudess (Dream Theatre) and Tony Banks (Genesis) to look up to, among others.

Oh... BTW... there is no way that I would take the keys to the city from you... not even on a loan!!!! They are all yours!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Oh Wiz... you are good! (I wasn't sure if it was '91 or '92, so I cheated and looked it up. It was '92)
Being a keyboard player, I followed Steve Porcaro kinda close. I was really dissapointed when he left the band. I've had other "mentors" to kinda "copy" through the years, but he was one of the best.
Of course now I have Jordan Rudess (Dream Theatre) and Tony Banks (Genesis) to look up to, among others.

Oh... BTW... there is no way that I would take the keys to the city from you... not even on a loan!!!! They are all yours!
Bite......Tony Banks is Great also.....Not to familier with Dream theatre...I will give them a listen to.....The first time I saw Toto was in '79...I thought Steve Porcaro was "on somthing" the way he would contort his body while playing the Keyboard....that guy had alot of energy!...and some goofy glasses back then too!..lol:)The Wiz!

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Bite......Tony Banks is Great also.....Not to familier with Dream theatre...I will give them a listen to.....The first time I saw Toto was in '79...I thought Steve Porcaro was "on somthing" the way he would contort his body while playing the Keyboard....that guy had alot of energy!...and some goofy glasses back then too!..lol:)The Wiz!

Another guy to check out is Tuomas Holopainen. the keyboard player from "Nightwish". Absolutely phenominal!!! (geez.. I wish I could spell..LOL) I'll put one of their videos in the Music Hall.
Anyway, sorry about the double post LOL ;)

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Oh, gosh. . . toto. . . I never liked toto and put them in the same category as Styx. Am I wrong?

But, I love Boz Scaggs and my husband and I danced to Harbor Lights (off Silk Degrees) at our wedding! :)

And, I had a really bad date in San Francisco where Boz Scaggs played prominently (well, in my memory). We went to a restaurant that my date said Boz owned. I'm not sure if that's true or not because I've looked that up since and never found any evidence that he owned a restaurant.

Anyways, my date ordered wine and his hands started shaking. . . i mean, really really shaking. So, I asked him what was up? And, he said he was detoxing himself.
And, silly me didn't even know what that meant back then. . . so I had to ask him to clarify! So, here he was shaking like a leaf sipping red wine to ward of dts. lol. . . then he went to the bathroom and I thought I'd sneak out, but instead I actually waited til he got back from the restroom. Then I got up and left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arews-bIru0

Last edited:

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Oh, gosh. . . toto. . . I never liked toto and put them in the same category as Styx. Am I wrong?

But, I love Boz Scaggs and my husband and I danced to Harbor Lights (off Silk Degrees) at our wedding! :)

And, I had a really bad date in San Francisco where Boz Scaggs played prominently (well, in my memory). We went to a restaurant that my date said Boz owned. I'm not sure if that's true or not because I've looked that up since and never found any evidence that he owned a restaurant.

Anyways, my date ordered wine and his hands started shaking. . . i mean, really really shaking. So, I asked him what was up? And, he said he was detoxing himself.
And, silly me didn't even know what that meant back then. . . so I had to ask him to clarify! So, here he was shaking like a leaf sipping red wine to ward of dts. lol. . . then he went to the bathroom and I thought I'd sneak out, but instead I actually waited til he got back from the restroom. Then I got up and left.
Kendra...Thanks for sharing that story...very polite of you to wait until he got back..LOL..I would have left while he was in the john(if he was a she that is..lol)Boz Scaggs was from the "Frisco" circuit...he actually met the members of Toto there before they formed Toto and played in his band(on the song Harbor Lights also I believe).I would have to say that Styx has a sound somewhat remenicent of Toto...They are also a favorite of mine!:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread