Newbie Thread !!! ONLY POST HELPFUL STUFF PLEASE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
Riverwolf, for some reason people aren't understanding this so maybe this will help.

LRs.jpg

I think this gets the proper message out there.....:thumbs:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Last edited:

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
I squirted some rubbing alcohol in the battery compartment of my Buzz, shook it around briefly and poured it down the sink. I then put it on a paper towel and let it dry for almost 24 hours. Since then it has been working like the day I bought it. Thanks for the help.

The Buzz is my favorite vaporizer and I have owned a lot of them. Things require maintenance and often involve a learning curve. Thankfully notcigs has a subforum where one can get help with these things. Cheers.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
If you have the batteries that are mostly flat on both sides & are blonde like me......take a sharpie & put a
"+" sign on the positive side of the battery & a "-" sign on the negative end/side. That way when you are ready to change or charge batteries you won't screw up & kill your beautiful Infinity.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
With the new infinity pro design ..Im able to use dual coils 1.6 ohm up to 5v unloaded or 4.89 loaded actual...right at 3 amps and works fine for several weeks
so that big "no LR attys in the infinity" up there...not true with the pro series

TRUE TRUE TRUE Berger ! and thanks for the INFO !

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
With the new infinity pro design ..Im able to use dual coils 1.6 ohm up to 5v unloaded or 4.89 loaded actual...right at 3 amps and works fine for several weeks
so that big "no LR attys in the infinity" up there...not true with the pro series

You are correct. I did a whole LR testing on the Buzz Pro and in fact toasted 3 sets of batteries doing it but the Buzz Pro was working fine through the whole test. The Buzz Pro has the same electronics as the Infinity Pro. But I won't be using them on the Buzz pro, Infinity Pro or any other PV.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Oh but it is true with the O-Infinity The original Infinity had lots of problems with LR.But your right about the Pro series. I tested it down to 1.3 ohms and that's pretty low.

Last edited:

skipdashu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Central Texas
Voltage remains constant from the time you put in fresh batteries until they are ready for a re-charge...If you start at 4.4 you finish at 4.4...Every vape is the same...Voltage drop is rough on atties and cartos as well...Constant voltage thru the battery cycle allows them too live a long life..That's easy on the pocketbook.....
Not to start a pissin' match but...

1) 'start 4.4 finish 4.4' = True, a function of the regulator.

2) 'V drop on atties' = BS, a heating coil lasts longer the lower the current thru it. So it's longest life would be at 3v but it probably doesn't do what u want at 3v. A 5 ohm coil at 3v will last a long, long time but it's not gonna produce much in vapor.

3) 'Constant voltage on batteries...' = Li-ion and IMR batteries voltage potential drops as you use them, no way around that. The booster circuits keep voltage constant only at the output. The voltage at the input (battery) side is what it is and the circuit compensates to keep output voltage the same (4.4v in the example).

skipdashu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Central Texas
Get a decent charger for your 16340 batteries. The Ultrafire WF-138 charger that NotCigs sells is a good one.
I had a couple cheap black multichargers that took nearly twice as long to charge a pair of batteries than the WF-138 does.

Trustfire TR-001 and TR-003P4 chargers have worked well for me also.

skipdashu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Central Texas
We all started out with the normal 510, KR808D-1, 901,etc. E-cigs. Then some of us went to 5 volt devices and LR atty's and cartos. The bottom line is we spent allot of money that didn't need to be spent on PVs that now collect dust because with Variable Voltage PVs, that were started by notcig, we now vape at any level we want. Had these PVs been available when we started vaping, we could have saved a bunch of time and money.
The reason I'm posting this is so you understand with a Buzz or Infinity you have a low voltage, regular voltage and high voltage all rolled into one PV which eliminates the need for all the countless P.V.s you can acquire trying this level and that.

Hallelujah bro'

I gotta box of box mods, a couple of which are VV, lava tubes, rough stacks, 5v boxes and tins... would trade 'em off for another buzz. I actually had 3 VV devices b4 I got a used Buzz Pro and still end up using it 75% of the time... can't put words around it. It has something to do with simplicity and quality though.

Last edited:

Cora5

Jan 28, 2012
Decatur, GA
I put these Images together to help people with troubleshooting Problems with their IPros.
I always heard one picture is worth a thousand words.

InfinityTroubleshooting.jpg
Dang it! I just read this post and not five minutes later my bottom cap fell apart. Now I will have to send it to notcigs for repair.

Last edited:

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Oh but it is true with the O-Infinity The original Infinity had lots of problems with LR.But your right about the Pro series. I tested it down to 1.3 ohms and that's pretty low.
I test DIY and new juices direct dripping with an atty, but right now the only one I have is LR (1.5). So is it best to keep the I pro on the lower settings for this?*

*Dumb down answers please. I'm an algebra and lit kinda girl. Hated chemistry. :p

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Social and physical sciences major here, flunked algebra LOL. Yeah, I'd test at the low end and bump it up just a bit at a time if needed. The IPro can handle it but you'll get a truer taste for your flavor testing :)
If we buddied up, we could have been valedictorian. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread