The " BUZZ " VariVolt Pv's coming SOON !

Status
Not open for further replies.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Happy 4th Everybody!!!

Ok carto fans, here is the Buzz with the new Ego Mega Cartomizer. No modding done, just a standard 901-510 adapter. Fits down tight against the top of the Buzz but does work.

egobuzz.jpg

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I'm going to start this by saying I'm not having a happy day about the new cartos, however it's not the cartos fault. I will try to answer your questions as they pertain to the 1 cartos I received that is working. For my whole sad story about the other 2 see this thread in the TW subform
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...arning-mega-tornado-cartomizers-new-post.html

Thanks Witchway and happy 4th to you.
Compared with other cartos how do you like the Ego? Capacity, TH, etc?

Capacity is super!! 6 hours on the fill from the factory before I had to refill. This was using it on my Chameleon at 3.7 volts. It works on the Buzz, but it doesn't need the higher voltage so to me that is a waste of the Buzz. I will use one on there when I get more and test it further though. Back to the point... Refilling is a bit messy, but I think it can be done better with practice. I'm not sure how much juice I actually got in on the refill, but I went about 4.5 hours on that fill and am on my second refill now. Vapor is fantastic, flavor is heavy, throat hit is mild to medium, but I like it that way. Higher voltage than 3.7 volts will probably improve the TH though.

+1 on all counts. I'm interested in the megacartos but they are a little pricey compared to straight 510 cartos.

Yes extremely pricey and I'm hoping once more suppliers have them the price comes down. It remains to be seen how long they will last and that will be the major factor on the price being worth it or not.

Looks Good WtchWay!

How do they hold up against burning? I've already burned a couple carto's since getting my BUZZ. But I think the larger fluid capacity on the mega/ego carto's will make a big difference too!

Well follow my link above and read my whole sad story :) They are not made like regular cartos and that alone is going to eliminate a lot of the burning issues. However as my story tells you can not vape them dry or yes they will burn and it's not pretty. There is a definite taste drop as they are starting to get dry so vaping them dry should not be a problem. They have the potential to last without burning as long as they are kept wet enough. The problem I'm worried about is how long will the filler stand up before it starts to deteriorate and can these be cleaned. Only time will tell on these issues.

Have a great day and happy vaping!!!

mixitman

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
VA
Well I hope TW makes it right and sends you some replacements. There really isn't an excuse for sending empty cartos marked as prefilled. It's not like you can just pop the top and look inside at the filler to see if it's wet.

I'll be holding off on these till the price goes down and more people use and review them. I just can't justify the cost vs. the benefits.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Well I hope TW makes it right and sends you some replacements. There really isn't an excuse for sending empty cartos marked as prefilled. It's not like you can just pop the top and look inside at the filler to see if it's wet.

I'll be holding off on these till the price goes down and more people use and review them. I just can't justify the cost vs. the benefits.

Since I cut one apart and I'm not using them on a Tornado my guess is they will claim void of warranty, which is fine. I know when I use something other than how it is intended I void my warranty. I just wanted people to know if it doesn't fire, add juice so others don't ruin them.

I have others coming and they are blanks. I won't be buying any more unless 1 the price comes down and or 2 these hold up and make it worth the cost. But I'm one of those people that has to try everything when it comes out LOL

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
I kinda like the knurling. I don't think I would prefer it without.

One thing I would like to see change is the Voltage adjustment Screw. I don't like how it is recessed inside the tube, and think having it flush-mounted would make for a much cleaner look. Also, it is a little small. I would prefer something larger.

If I have one more small change, I would like a larger button. Something a little softer on the fingers would be nice.

Overall, this thing is great! I really like the way it feels in my hand! And I don't think one could build a better performing unit if they tried !!!

... my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread