• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

My Short Romance With The Darwin (So Far...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
mmmm....

adjustable from 3 to 6V and 3 to 15W independently,will tell you if the atty is not right for your selection (among other things)....rings a bell? :)

http://
P1040177.jpg

Common Martinc...you always do this! Ya gotta tell us right up front what it is :laugh:

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
Okay... I think for the first time ever my head is literally about to explode...

I got my Darwin back 2 days ago and purposely didn't use it until I bought some more hardware to keep it safe... Well it doesn't seem to matter that I bought the cone and 510 to eGo adapter to act as a cheap drip shield at all because the exact same thing happened.

Essentially, I am mid vape and the screen started to flicker intermittently for like 2 seconds and then nothing. Goodbye Darwin experience... and in less than 6 hours of use with 0 chance for leaks to be to blame... I'm frustrated to say the least.

I love the vape the Darwin gives, but I don't enjoy sending my Darwin to be repaired to only have it malfunction mere hours after using it again.

I have contacted Brandon to see what we can do, because I am quite honestly feeling quite disappointed. I want to keep loving the Darwin, I really do.

Sorry to hear about all of the trouble you are having. I got some ego twists by the way as a backup, and also got a gooseneck from totally twisted texas, ended up costing me over $30 with the shipping but I can hook up anything I want and close the arm. It's about a foot long with a tank on it and fully extended so as you might imagine it's quite a conversation piece now with the uninitiated :)

Hopefully you get yours up and working soon.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Sorry to hear about all of the trouble you are having. I got some ego twists by the way as a backup, and also got a gooseneck from totally twisted texas, ended up costing me over $30 with the shipping but I can hook up anything I want and close the arm. It's about a foot long with a tank on it and fully extended so as you might imagine it's quite a conversation piece now with the uninitiated :)

Hopefully you get yours up and working soon.

I appreciate the kind words. As a Darwin enthusiast since the device hit the market I have been biding my time until I could finally get one and since I have received this specific Darwin it has been nothing but problems.

I think nothing else out there can vape like the Darwin (unless someone else uses the DNA in a device that I am yet unaware of) but the PERFECT device would;

1) Be machined out of Stainless Steel or Aluminium
2) Take a single AW IMR 18650 or 26650 and boost the wattage from there for safety reasons
3) Have a 510 connector with a drip well
4) Have a 14 Watt limit vs. 12.7 for all those die-hard 6 volt vapers out there
5) Have all the same protection as the Darwin
6) Have a high quality backlit LCD screen
7) Have a dial near the bottom of the device to prevent juice leakage from getting in

Really that is all I think any vaper would need and would prevent from having to replace batteries like the Darwin.

Oh, and all of this for about $200 w/o batteries.

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
Holy Crap Noiz!! Did you Pi** Off a vaping God in a former life? That thing has been in the shop longer than a VistaCruiser I had that burned a quart of oil a day! I feel for ya. But on the other hand this kind of lends credence to the simplicity of a mechanical mod although it is limiting in the voltages one can use, but at least we can still vape!

Hope it comes back soon and in fine shape for ya!

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Holy Crap Noiz!! Did you Pi** Off a vaping God in a former life? That thing has been in the shop longer than a VistaCruiser I had that burned a quart of oil a day! I feel for ya. But on the other hand this kind of lends credence to the simplicity of a mechanical mod although it is limiting in the voltages one can use, but at least we can still vape!

Hope it comes back soon and in fine shape for ya!

Haha, I think I must have pi$$3d off a vaping god at some point for sure. I am really hopeful it comes in today because even though the eGo Twist is good and all, I find it just doesn't hit hard enough for me. I've basically been smoking the equivalent of some Matinee Slims for I don't even know how long to draw a decent comparison.

I actually find myself missing the simplicity of the old mechanical Omega I traded in for an Icon with Switched over a year ago and have considered the possibility of moving to that, though a VV Saber Touch would be right up my alley, lol.

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
I haven't had any issues with my Provari (touch wood) but my go to GG's are my mainstay devices and of course being mechanical they are bullet proof. I just picked up Switcher's 50 cal mod as well, so that one will be the dependable and reliable "conversation pv" at work. The only failure I've had with a pv is the switch on my Chameleon, but luckily it's a quick DIY replacement.

Really hope your Darwin gets back to you before the long weekend Noiz!

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
YES! The Darwin is BACK Muahahahaha :p

It seems that Evolv is good for their timing (got a new job today), however I am a little frustrated that I have to pick it up tomorrow since there is about $35 of customs fees on it. My mother was the only one at home and didn't have the cash to spot me the difference, so I have to pick the package up tomorrow at 1 pm.

I'm excited to see it work... and I am excited to get to finally have a good vape again. hopefully this time there will be nothing wrong.

I WILL be reporting back with regards to how the issue is resolved and if there is any further issues you will see me back and complaining again.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Okay, so bear with me here as I am not a very happy customer but I promise there will be no BS.

So I went to pick up my Darwin today, I was thrilled that I was getting my Darwin and confused about why exactly I was being forced to pay customs fees. Apparently when Evolv wrote the description of my item for customs... They indicated it was a new purchase vs. a repair so I had to pay and now have to debate this charge with customs... So reason #1 I am pi$$3d...

I get my Device out of the box and notice the shiny new screen and thought "Oh awesome! They really did take out all the insides and give me a like new device!" and I was thrilled. I tried plugging on my 510-eGo adaptor w/ eGo cone but it wouldn't fire.

So out of desperation, I brought the device home and started carefully dripping on it with a cisco LR 510 when suddenly (about 2 hours in to using it now) the screen flashed repeatedly after I hit the switch and as quickly as it started... I now have a dead Darwin again.

I am so ...... off I don't even know what to do. I haven't just been burned twice today but this is the second time in a row I have returned my Darwin to Evolv and this thing isn't even a year old.

So much for loving my Darwin.

vise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton
Are you Frcken kidding me???? Your luck with that Darwin is unbelievably bad (as is the Darwin itself!) I feel for you and the problems you've been having! I keep hearing horror stories about these expensive mods developing attitudes for their owners, and I touch wood every time I read one that I haven't had the same crap happen with any of mine!

Maybe it's time you "evolved" from the Darwin? I feel for ya man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread