• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Need advice from Darwin users

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Hey all,

I don't own a Darwin, however I did advise one of my friends to pick one up since he was looking for "The Ultimate vape" and since trying one I knew the Darwin is just that. He loves his new Darwin but what he doesn't love is the leaking that comes from the atomizer and makes it's way into the dial. I decided to make a thread up and see if any of you Darwin users here in Canuckville have a "leak-free" solution for him, since he hates cartos and eGo-T's.

The solution I suggested is a Gooseneck or a 510 to 510 adapter with a DripSheild, but if anyone else has any suggestions for me to pass along to him they would be greatly appreciated (preferably still allowing him to close the control arm of the device) :vapor:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Hey all,

I don't own a Darwin, however I did advise one of my friends to pick one up since he was looking for "The Ultimate Vape" and since trying one I knew the Darwin is just that. He loves his new Darwin but what he doesn't love is the leaking that comes from the atomizer and makes it's way into the dial. I decided to make a thread up and see if any of you Darwin users here in Canuckville have a "leak-free" solution for him, since he hates cartos and eGo-T's.

The solution I suggested is a Gooseneck or a 510 to 510 adapter with a DripSheild, but if anyone else has any suggestions for me to pass along to him they would be greatly appreciated (preferably still allowing him to close the control arm of the device) :vapor:

a drip shield from empire mods and a 510 to 510 adapter willc ure what ails him :)

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Yeah I agree with switched. Your friend either needs a safeguard like a dripshield or some sealed extensions.

Honestly it just sounds like your friend is not very good at dripping lol. I've had my Darwin since before jack was a dealer, and not once have I had any juice come anywhere near the body of the unit, even with no adapters and being a self admitted crappy dripper myself.

Last edited:

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Yeah I agree with switched. Your friend either needs a safeguard like a dripshield or some sealed extensions.

Honestly it just sounds like your friend is not very good at dripping lol. I've had my Darwin since before jack was a dealer, and not once have I had any juice come anywhere near the body of the unit, even with no adapters and being a self admitted crappy dripper myself.

Where were you tuesday, Mr. Chinner? my Darwin becomes a sloppy mess when i drip on it.

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
  • Deleted by oldsoldier

drac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Winnipeg
My eyes are bad so sometimes when I think I am dripping it is pouring out. I use a small washer from home depot at the base of the Darwin, a 510-510 adapter and a 510 battery extender. Also check out the pics of the 306 DCA that Dusty_D posted. That looks like it would be spill proof for sloppy drippers like me.
Drac

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Mopar got suspended? Hmm anyone know why?

Not sure why, I've been away for a few days.

Yeah when I was using Mopar's darwin on Tuesday I was a little afraid of getting juice into the arm, as there always is a little bit of juice that pools up on the bottom after not using it for a bit. But unless your flooding your atty then you shouldn't have much of a problem with it leaking. If your worried then 510 extender should do the trick, I had to use one as one of my ce2's wasn't making contact. It was kinda cool to be able to vape on it and look at the screen on it at the same time with the extender

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Dripping is sort of a skill to be developed - to prevent overdripping. many struggle with it. I started as a dripper because I could not stand the frustrations of using carts (not carotmizers). It seems that some can get into the habit of overdripping very easily. Darwin is not the problem - overdripping is. I have had a Darwin since my preproduction prototype - posted a "First Impressions" post (review section) back in early January. Until recently, I was using Joye 302 attys (801 style) exclusively and these have tremendous leak potential - the air-intake holes point directly down. While not patting myself on the back, I have never had a leakage problem. I posted a lengthy post in the Darwin thread in the NHaler sub-forum and Drew called it DripUversity :lol: - if you search that thread for that term, you will find it immediately.

If you do not want to take the time and energy develop non-overdripping, I'd suggest getting a Dripshield from Empiremods or the Delrin equivalent from other vendors like mostangryindustries. For 510 attys, you will likely need a 510 to 510 adapter to make it long enough and for the shield to work correctly (but all newer Darwins come with these attached now anyway). Basically, it is a tube which slides over your atty and it has an upper and lower internal O-ring. With the bottom of a 510 (or the air hole of a 901) between the O-rings, any leaked juice gets trapped between the O-rings and eventually gets sucked back up into the atty. No muss no fuss. These do not work with 801 series as those do not fit and the 801 series air-intake holes point directly downwards (as I mentioned).

If you want to use 306 series attys, get a DCA306 from Goodsensevapor and once again - problem solved. they do not leak and they also make the draw adjustable.

Cartos have also come a loooooong way and some are really fantastic now. I have switched to using the Boge 801/fusion cartos mostly. These have a 510 size tube but a collar at the base which flares out a bit to accommodate the 801 threads. Of course you have to use a 510 to 801 adapter on Darwin. I also like the Boge 808 style cartos and these also require an adapter: 510 to 901/808. Finally, of all the jumbo cartos I have tried, the only one I like so far is the Ego mega Dual Coil (aka EMDCC). If you decide to use this, due to its wide diameter, you will need a 1" 510 to 510 extender to permit the arm of Darwin to close all the way. Leaving the arm open is not a problem for Darwin as the screen uses almost immeasurable power but it does leave Darwin somewhat less pocketable.

Tanks have become all the rage and there are many now to choose from. Most use cartos and will not allow the Darwin to close unless you get a short style gooseneck from totallytwistedtexas (get teh 1" flex/3"overall length).

I hope something in this post proves helpful.
:toast:

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
I haven't had more than a drop or 2 drip onto my Darwin. Solutions:

Non-dripping:

-510 to Ego-T adapter and Ego-T atty
-510-T atty
-Cartos, top them up off the Darwin.

Dripping:

-510 atty and a Drip shield (avidvaper's is the one I use). If your friend is concerned about the few drop that get into the coupler from the hole in the bottom of the atty, he can use a 510 to 510 adapter to protect it. Or he can just use the 510 to ego adapter, but it looks a bit funny.
-306DCA

Edit: For juice feeding on the last 2, he can add in a vapemate. I use it with them and enjoy it.

Last edited:

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Thanks At least I now know what adapters to get. I know it is a learned skill but with bad eyes, a darkened room, lots of animals (birds & dogs) nosing around it is very hard to get right. The tanks may not be the best but they sure are convenient. Thanks again for all the info
Drac
Get these: 1/2 OZ BOTTLE W/NEEDLE TIP they are great for dripping thru ANY drip tip and no worries about missing the drip opening, missing or spilling. The bottle has a blunt needle and you can just shove the neelde down into the atty (thru driptip hole) and squeeze. it puts out small droplets but you get a feel for it - 2, 3 or 4 quick squeezes (depending on the atty style) and you are ready to vape. I started using them almost a year ago because the blunt needle fits right thru the 801 style whistle-tip. I am also nearsighted and always had to remove my glasses to drip - not with this as I can easily fit the needle into the atty by feel. I also find it perfect for dripping in dark rooms like while watching TV/movies, etc. If you are having difficulties with your vision, darkened rooms, etc. these will be great for you - no leaking, no missing drops down the sides and super easy to use.

here is the video where I first learned about them:

VapinKong

Aug 13, 2009
Pendleton, Indiana
Get these: 1/2 OZ BOTTLE W/NEEDLE TIP they are great for dripping thru ANY drip tip and no worries about missing the drip opening, missing or spilling. The bottle has a blunt needle and you can just shove the neelde down into the atty (thru driptip hole) and squeeze. it puts out small droplets but you get a feel for it - 2, 3 or 4 quick squeezes (depending on the atty style) and you are ready to vape. I started using them almost a year ago because the blunt needle fits right thru the 801 style whistle-tip. I am also nearsighted and always had to remove my glasses to drip - not with this as I can easily fit the needle into the atty by feel. I also find it perfect for dripping in dark rooms like while watching TV/movies, etc. If you are having difficulties with your vision, darkened rooms, etc. these will be great for you - no leaking, no missing drops down the sides and super easy to use.

here is the video where I first learned about them:

I agree 100% on the blunt tip bottles.....I've been using them for almost a year myself and it's the best thing since sliced bread......I use it for dripping and it's a great way to fill cartos.....I push it along the side of a carto and all the way to the bottom and squeeze and lift the bottle at the same time.....do that in 3 or 4 spots and you have a full carto all the way to the bottom...... :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread