Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, all.

Got a good laugh from last night's weather guess. Light and scattered showers with totals running as high as 0.01", which the gal announced as "dry rain" ;) Yeah, that or heavy mist!

But I was able to get the occasional fish to bite.

I think that's why it's called "fishing" and not "catching."

This is how you catch ;)

1713186305076.png

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, all.

No rain yesterday, here anyway. Then again, my gauge only goes down to 0.01", so might have missed the predicted "dry rain" :lol:

And the latest guess has even less for a few days, although still on the cool side for a bit, still mid 50s but heading for the mid 60s.

Dandelions will love it...

1713274284900.png

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Morning, all.

No rain yesterday, here anyway. Then again, my gauge only goes down to 0.01", so might have missed the predicted "dry rain" :lol:

And the latest guess has even less for a few days, although still on the cool side for a bit, still mid 50s but heading for the mid 60s.

Dandelions will love it...

View attachment 1011500
    Good morning, David. :) Very quiet in here.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Well, poor Maggie took a turn for the worse this week so we went back to the vet yesterday afternoon. Blood work was good, but showed that the antibiotic didn't do the trick for her urinary infection. So, now we have a new drug and also some special canned cat food to force feed her to build up some strength. They also gave her some fluid via IV and that always seems to help. She does seem better this morning, but I think it's going to take a day or 2 to get her back to normal. I really thought she was dying, and probably would have if we didn't get her infection under control. Ugh, sure wish our pets could talk.

It's only going to 60 here today. I was out this morning to get routine blood work done and it was chilly. Not many sunny days for the next 10 days here. I'm hoping this is just the prelude for lots and lots of May flowers.

@DavidOck Funny cartoon today, I can't tell you how often Mike has gone out in his robe in the morning!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, all.

Claim is rain to move in later today, so we get to skip watering the flower beds. For a day or two, anyway...

Of course, that will give the dandelions a boost.... although of course they seem to do just fine with only dew.

Hope Maggie is still on the mend!!

1713620431819.png

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    So far I don't think he's flashed any neighbors and no police have paid us a visit.

Maggie seems somewhat better this morning. She's drinking pretty well and this morning her treats from last night were gone so that's a good sign. She's not eating her regular food yet so we'll have to continue to force feed her with a syringe. Poor thing has me shoving 3 different syringes in her mouth with meds and food twice a day, but until she starts pooping and eating on her own that's what we're stuck with.

We were supposed to go to Hux and Brody's baseball games this morning but Hux now has strep throat so we're staying home, He doesn't have a fever and is acting pretty normal so hopefully this will clear up quickly and we'll get to see both of them play. Brody is only 5, but he's hitting most of the pitches to him which is better than the 7-8 yr olds so he may turn into a real slugger!

Better get myself moving. The sun is finally out and it's going to 65 today.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    Hello again. I sure have missed you. I am not sure if I should tell you the reason for my absence or not. You know my life. I can't make this stuff up. It is almost like the news. You think you have heard it all and then something comes up that you cannot believe. That was my week.

I did not sleep well and it has been raining all day long. I am so grateful I got the 3 yards mowed yesterday and the pollen blown out of the gutters. My aunt's mower is acting up so of course, I'm gladly helping her. That has not changed my mind that her 30-year-old grandson who lives between us should not depend/expect two o'l women to keep his lawn manicured.
    mad.gif

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Hello again. I sure have missed you. I am not sure if I should tell you the reason for my absence or not. You know my life. I can't make this stuff up. It is almost like the news. You think you have heard it all and then something comes up that you cannot believe. That was my week.

I did not sleep well and it has been raining all day long. I am so grateful I got the 3 yards mowed yesterday and the pollen blown out of the gutters. My aunt's mower is acting up so of course, I'm gladly helping her. That has not changed my mind that her 30-year-old grandson who lives between us should not depend/expect two o'l women to keep his lawn manicured. View attachment 1011796
    Of course you should tell us the reason for your absence!! This reminds me of reading the Game of Thrones books where the author ends each book practically in mid-sentence! Don't leave us hanging!

As long as you're mowing the grandsons lawn why should he do it?

Users who are viewing this thread