Philosophising in the Lounge ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
Spending a few hours tonight watching 'Alaska's Last Frontier', and 'Life Below Zero' impressed me with the togetherness of purpose these village groups have nurtured for the common good and overall goals of their purpose.

Vapers have a common love as well but alas, I am of the opinion we do not tolerate vaping differences and philosophies nearly as well as other fellow groups tolerate varied preferences within their hobby, purposes, or whatever brings the group together ...

You'll hardly hear a .22 pistol gun club member berate a .44 Magnum member with flaming such as ... " Man ! what a lot of silly overkill ! If that thing kicks back the wrong way you'll break your wrist as well as be knocked unconcious !!! ... The Magnum owner makes the mistake of thinking he is talking to a reasonable fellow member and replies : " Well, see, I live in Grizzly country and have enough things to carry when out in the wild so I leave my rifle at home and take this for protection.

"If you could shoot straight", replies this Archie Bunker clone, "a well placed .22 slug through the eye and slanted upwards a bit would do the same job, use less expensive bullets, not scare the entire countryside with noise pollution, and wouldn't make other pistol toters think you are just showing
off !"... The Magnum member walks away shaking his head in confusion.

There is Sunday bicycle riding with your girlfriend and then there is Extreme biking over 10 foot high ridges with no one but yourself and the joy of spuriously flying a craft originally meant for land.

There are refreshing and light pale ales, and there is the extreme joy of everclear, vodka, strong dark German Lagers, and neither pale ale drinker nor the other want to exchange glasses ... to discourage one or even both of them from their choices only highlights your own ignorance as well as announces your own idea that your preferences are the only 'sane' ones.

As with parachutists, sub vaping is a bit extreme but will probably never be a spotlighted clip on the 'Ridiculousness' tv show .... and just like the needed love a jumper has, sub vaping is also getting intimate with the clouds too, and no , a $250 20 watt Provari tootle puffer won't make a cloud lover keep off of the analogs if cloud has been the only thing to make himself forever free of tobacco.

I am a martial artist, a past hang glider pilot, was a 'ringer' (commercial undercover investigator) owned 13 full sized street tourers, and I've had discouragers lecture me all of my life with : "Someone is going to snap kick your head off ! " or, "Only a maniac would hang off of a kite "! or "If a real employee finds out you're a ringer you're a dead man "... or " You have two kids and ride motorcycles , how unresponsible ! .... and now I sub ohm ... and I sub ohm with responsibility. No, owning and preferring the God 180S with all that it's features fill as far as MY needs for vaping goes, is no more dangerous than any number of batteries at all that are being held 2 inches away from your face and more or less being 'shorted' by various degrees. And certainly no more dangerous than my entire past job career and all the listed hobbys above were and are.

No member will ever encourage me by accidental nor deliberate antagonism to flame in this forum ... but I do believe I will be drinking ,and writing in this lounge more often if future predjudice is seen to increase ... Companies are making safe sub ohmers ,moreso than the basement maniac stuffing a flashlight with RC plane batteries.

Mods like the god and others that are already designed to accept any size or power a clearomizer demands, plus clearomizers that are not even created yet ... is just plain smart and money saving ... BUT ONLY TO ME AND IN MY OPINION .... If playing with 4.8 volts max, tootle puffing, recharging or refilling every 3 hours, or the need for nothing lower than 1.5 ohms .... or in fact anything else that delights your level of vaping experience and is satisfying you perfectly then God bless you and let no narrow thinkers dissuede you, nor should you even give them post responses to their ridicules and to your choices ! Total need and happiness in vaping is a subjective issue that depends on each vapers needs and ideas of what vaping perfection should be ... TO EACH in each mind. So veiled or open criticism in their posts will speak volumes about both them as well as you.
VAPE ON ! ...with whatever makes it your parade !

One last thing ... How many hobbies or activities that require 'tools', add ons, buying upwards, having the best, etc does anyone here know about where not one in whatever activity it is ever got curious enough to move up and onward in the selected activity ? Am I supposed to truly believe a current $19.00 twister pen type with basic atomizer user will just continue to use that for the next 10 years ? Or that someone whose moved up to a 30 watt box will just NEVER condone anyone using a 50 watt box ? c'mon ... in fact the way things are being produced (much like the computer industry where things can go obsolete in 6 months,) I find it hard to believe that 50 watts won't be the basic starter setup in a year or less, and harder to believe users who vape for at least a year won't be any different than every hobby we all have where 'upwards' or somewhat more senior, or more technical or has more doodads and geegaws won't be a temptation ... 3 batteries a sin ? Ha, wait until something the size of a small motorbike battery is an optional plug in you strap around your waist ! ... BARTENDER ! ... give me my tab and call me a taxi ...

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
What makes vaping a joy, besides all the freedom associated with the myriad of devices available, is the ability to choose the wattage that results in a pleasurable experience for all. I was happy with my Joye 510 cig-a-like, my eGo with the bigger battery, my Provari that has variable voltage and is built like a fine tool, all the variable devices that let me choose voltage or wattage, and finally the rebuildables that free me from the restraints of having to buy high priced atomizer coils.

It's all good. I like choice. Ecig power is like listening to music. Some turn it up to insane levels and others enjoy it moderately. Whatever floats your boat is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread