Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
It is raining today therefore, all should stay out of my way.
1laugh.gif
I jinxed myself saying Ken's shoulder was better because he had the worst night ever. That made my night not so good too! I cannot make him go to the doctor but I will admit, this is getting a bit old. It was hurting him on Valentine's Day. He is a big boy and I have retired from full-time caregiving. I only do it part-time now.
1YES.gif

:wub:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
the absolute worst was getting told 'We'll call if there is an issue' .. for weeks after the procedure, every damn time the phone rang, I jumped and my blood pressure escalated ..

No chit! Should be grounds for medical malpractice... BP spike, elevated heart rate, all due to their lack of brains and telemarketers.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I cannot make him go to the doctor but I will admit, this is getting a bit old. It was hurting him on Valentine's Day. He is a big boy and I have retired from full-time caregiving. I only do it part-time now.
1YES.gif

Tell him to put on his big boy pants and get an appointment. Nearly 2 months!

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
Among The Pugs
It is raining today therefore, all should stay out of my way. View attachment 1011216 I jinxed myself saying Ken's shoulder was better because he had the worst night ever. That made my night not so good too! I cannot make him go to the doctor but I will admit, this is getting a bit old. It was hurting him on Valentine's Day. He is a big boy and I have retired from full-time caregiving. I only do it part-time now. View attachment 1011217

Sounds like stubbornness like myself.

Tell him. Suck it up Buttercup, or go see someone who might can help you with that.

In my case, I got more pains than places to put them...lol. Mind over matter?

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
In my case, I got more pains than places to put them...lol. Mind over matter?
Bless your heart. I know what you mean. That is where walking also helps me. If I miss a few days in a row which rarely happens, I am noticeably worse. So I hurt when I walk but I walk to keep from hurting worse. I am so weird unique!
1laugh.gif

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Partly cloudy but I will take it because I see it partly sunny!
1YES.gif

Ken slept through supper so I would not fix the tacos I had planned. Guess I will have them tonight. I did not do so well on my eating last night. I did not feel like cutting up my salad and I ended up eating a boiled egg and salsa and chips. Not exactly healthy but was good.

I am going to get moving. The rain has made me way too sluggish. Hope everyone has a great day. :wub:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Rainy, cioudy morning here but it's going up to 64 today. I put some of my house plants outside since the nights are holding steady in the low 50s.

I got laryngitis right after Easter and was finally getting over that and then boom! Wed night into Thurs morning I got a 103.9 fever!! UGH! The Covid test was negative. Tylenol has brought the fever down, but I still feel crappy. The last time I felt this bad was when I had the flu. Except for getting a shower I'm not moving far from the couch today.

Evening, all.

Safe at home after 14 hours on the road. Lots of caffeinated mints, now 2 finger of scotch so I can stop vibrating ;)
Glad you had a safe trip.

The good news is, from blood draw to DR meet, it's generally about 2.5 hours, so pretty well self contained ..

Some years back, when I had a cancer scare and required an MRI, the absolute worst was getting told 'We'll call if there is an issue' .. for weeks after the procedure, every damn time the phone rang, I jumped and my blood pressure escalated ..

The requirement should be 'We'll call and let you know one way of the other' ..
Years ago Mike was told that he had a lymphoma, but the doc couldn't be sure because he'd run out of the test kits. Come back on Monday and they'll do the test to be sure. WTH!! We went through the weekend scared to death. Now, if it's important, I call the office every day for the results. I'm certainly not going to trust that office personnel are going to remember to call.

One time I ended up in the ER with A-fib. The ER doc called my doctors office for my recent blood results and was told it was normal. Fortunately she told them to fax the test to her and it turned out my levels were off the charts! Don't be afraid to question everything.
It is raining today therefore, all should stay out of my way. View attachment 1011216 I jinxed myself saying Ken's shoulder was better because he had the worst night ever. That made my night not so good too! I cannot make him go to the doctor but I will admit, this is getting a bit old. It was hurting him on Valentine's Day. He is a big boy and I have retired from full-time caregiving. I only do it part-time now. View attachment 1011217

My theory is that if you're not going to do something about your complaint then I don't want to hear about the complaint. I've got all kinds of sympathy unless there is no attempt to at least understand the problem.

That being said, this kind of sounds like what I went through with my shoulder from a hole in my rotator cuff - discovered by an MRI. I lost a lot of mobility and the pain would wake me up at night, PT was ordered and that didn't work too well until the therapist tried a TENS unit on my shoulder. It was like a miracle. I wonder if this would help Ken? And if it does it would be a clue about what's going on. Gotta get that mobility back and the pain will go away although it'll take time.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I did not make it to the gym again today but I got almost 16,000 steps in. It was a very productive day. I went to Verizon to look for a new phone and the guy that I always go to said I should wait until May because they were putting phones on sale for Mother's Day. Yay! That was so nice for him to let me know.

I came home and decided I was going to get my mowing done. I mowed my aunt's, her grandson's (
mad.gif
), and mine. Got all the trim work done. I edged everything, then blew out the gutters. They were already full of pollen. I hope the wind will get it all down soon.

Then I came in a fixed tacos, refried beans, and rice. For the first time, Ken said he did not particularly want a taco so I reheated him up the last of the spaghetti. I personally, thought they were pretty good.

After all I had done today, by myself mind you, Ken asked me to get him some BC Powders if I went anywhere because his head hurt. So I got in the car and went to get him some. I never go off at night. Sheesh! When I got home, I had to go walk even though I was tired. Started a new book and walked off my agitation. The milkshake I fixed a little while ago also helped. heehee
RatYes.gif

Got my hair washed and dried. I had to get the pollen off of me. Then washed a load of clothes. As soon as they are dry, I am off to bed and hope I am not too sore and stiff in the morning.

I have myself an "atta girl" for the day.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I did not make it to the gym again today but I got almost 16,000 steps in. It was a very productive day. I went to Verizon to look for a new phone and the guy that I always go to said I should wait until May because they were putting phones on sale for Mother's Day. Yay! That was so nice for him to let me know.

I came home and decided I was going to get my mowing done. I mowed my aunt's, her grandson's ( View attachment 1011273 ), and mine. Got all the trim work done. I edged everything, then blew out the gutters. They were already full of pollen. I hope the wind will get it all down soon.

Then I came in a fixed tacos, refried beans, and rice. For the first time, Ken said he did not particularly want a taco so I reheated him up the last of the spaghetti. I personally, thought they were pretty good.

After all I had done today, by myself mind you, Ken asked me to get him some BC Powders if I went anywhere because his head hurt. So I got in the car and went to get him some. I never go off at night. Sheesh! When I got home, I had to go walk even though I was tired. Started a new book and walked off my agitation. The milkshake I fixed a little while ago also helped. heehee View attachment 1011274

Got my hair washed and dried. I had to get the pollen off of me. Then washed a load of clothes. As soon as they are dry, I am off to bed and hope I am not too sore and stiff in the morning.

Whoa, you were a busy gal. Makes me feel like a slug for doing nothing all day, but I've got an excuse. My fever is pretty well down now so I'm feeling a lot more normal.

Do cats catch the flu from their owners? Our poor Maggie stopped eating Wed. night and only showed a slight interest in food this morning. I'm calling the vet when they open at 8:30 and see what they think. Assuming they'll want to see her and do some bloodwork so I better get washed and dressed. Mike is probably coming home early from his fishing trip to help out. Lousy weather for fishing anyway.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, lizards.

We might even have some warm rocks to bask on, looks to be two dry days in a row!

Indeed! Got tired just reading it!!

Do cats catch the flu from their owners?

I've read that it is possible. Hope a trip to the vet clears her up!!

1713014308461.png

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. It's a beautiful sunny morning going up to 73 today.

I took Maggie cat to the vets yesterday. We were scratching our heads wondering what could be suddenly causing her to be acting so sick. Suddenly she peed all over the table and lo and behold - blood in her urine! Never so happy to see my pet make a mess! There was our answer. So, they loaded her up with meds and this morning she's eating and acting normal. It's like a miracle.

Meanwhile our little 5 year old grandson had his first baseball game yesterday. He did great! Hit the pitched ball every time he was up to bat and ran like the wind to 1st base. He mother couldn't be happier. She said he really seems to "get" the game. He's fearless and tries so hard to do what the bigger boys are doing and he finally found something that he can do just as well as them.

Next up is skateboarding lessons this morning and running races later today. Both boys are pretty physical so our daughter has her hands full keeping them busy.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Great news about Maggie!! Hope her recovery continues.
Thank you. Cats, and other animals too, are masters at concealing their illnesses. They're fine until they're not... That's what happened to Maggie's sister and we lost her so we were pretty worried when Maggie started acting the same way. Fortunately this problem was different and it looks like we'll have her with us for awhile.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Our view of the eclipse was to start at 2:07 so I was sitting in a lawn chair with my eclipse glasses on waiting patiently and precicely at 2:07 a big dark cloud moved in to block the sun. Of course. We woke up to beautiful sunny skies and puffy clouds here and there that increased during the day, but we did get to see the eclipse in between clouds getting in the way. Actually, being on far eastern edge of the path of the eclipse I didn't expect to see much, but we actually saw about 90% coverage. Very cool!! The temperature change was pretty noticeable when a cloud covered the sun. It didn't get too dark here during the main part of the eclipse, just looked like the lighting of a very overcast day.

It's going to be 40+ years before an eclipse follows this path again in our area so I'm glad we got to see it this time. 2 of our neighbors did come out so we got to chat with them a bit.

All in all it was a pretty interesting day.
IMG_6997.jpg

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Two weekends in a row now I've traveled to the Pocono's for trout fishing. Two weekends in a row the water has been raging. Instead of the average flow around 250 cubic ft/sec the streams have been up around 800 cubic ft/sec.

IMG_7028.jpg

But I was able to get the occasional fish to bite.

IMG_6987.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread