Looking for some instructions

tsbrewers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
MN
www.facebook.com
Hey all, I am looking for some instructions for a smok periscope ecig. I believe it is one that was discontinued and closed out for a couple bucks a few years ago. Anyway, I quit using an ecig a handful of years ago and my wife still uses one. She has been rocking the old vamos, but I think the last one finally died. We picked up a couple of the periscopes (non mechanical) mods but we can't figure out how to use it. She is still using cartomizers with a tank, but when she tries to use it, the fire button just flashes red. We can not find anything on this ecig at all, and they didn't come with any instructions,

Thanks,

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have that mod. 5 red button flashes means there is a short. That mod has a rubber (not silicone) 510 pin insulator and over the years it dries up. If you screw some tanks down fully, it'll squish the insulator and it'll crack, causing a short. The only solution I have come across other than replacing the insulator is to screw o your tank fully, then unscrew it about 1/16 of a turn until it stops shorting out.

Another solution would be to make a washer out of plastic, like maybe the flat part of a milk jug. The wash would be put around your tank's 510. That would keep the tank from being screwed in all the way. 2 or even 3 washer may be needed since milk jugs are thing. You would try making one out of even cardboard or even an expired credit card, but keep in mind if the washer is too thick it will not allow the tank to connect at all.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thank you, that is what it is acting like. We have had it a few years and just took it out to start using it. I'll mess around with it and see if I can replace the o-ring, or figure out a washer.

You can replace the insulator with a proper sized oring, but that requires lifting out the positive pin and unsoldering it, then putting in the oring and resoldering it. They don't leave you much wire so it ain't easy. Removing the top cap would prolly make it easier but that's not easy to do. I tried that as well. It's press fit in a major way lol

I actually replaced the insulator on one of mine without unsoldering but it took me many attempts and anguish. I'm surprised I didn't break to solder joint lol I don't remember the size of oring I used, that was about 3 years ago.

Reactions: tsbrewers

Users who are viewing this thread