Status
Not open for further replies.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
So, I am now to the whole VV world. I've been using VV eGos for a couple weeks and love the control. I don't want to go back to a non VV battery. That being said, everyone I know is telling me to get a Buzz Pro. Thing is, funds are tight. This got me looking at the Infinity Pro. But, I can't really find anything spelling out the difference between the Infinity Pro and the Buzz Pro.

Here are some questions:

Which one has better battery life?
Which one has better voltage adjustments?
Which one has more/better accessories?
Which one is built better?

There are several other questions I have, but none come to mind at this time.

djbishybish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2011
Kansas
The internals are exactly the same. The differences are form and type of battery. The IP is slimmer than the BP, but a little bit taller. They're both built like powerhouses.

And I'm not sure what you mean by accessories, they both can use any top cap you want with it (510, 808, 901, 801) and with that use whatever tank/carto/atty you want.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
I haven't used an Infinity... but I do love my Buzz Pro.

The only real difference between the IP and BP is looks as they both have the same internal parts. So the voltage adjustment is the same. I can say from personal experience the Buzz is built exremely well, and have read nothing but good things about the infinity build.

I'm not sure about battery life as they take different batteries. I have the powerizer batteries for my Buzz and they are awesome!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Not sure why the Infinity is cheaper. They have to be harder to put together. I recently had to deal with the electronic components in a Buzz Pro and they're packed in there pretty tight. The Infinity is smaller and has all the same stuff in it.
I think the batteries that the Infinity takes are a slightly lower mAh but with the new circuitry in the Pro series and the performance of Powerizer batteries most users will probably see the batts last most of the day anyway.
I'm looking forward to getting my first Infinity. It'll be nice for going out.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Basically the same run time, as the measured mAh on IP and BP batteries are about the same (measured, as opposed to what the manufacturer may choose to call them, is key). My personal experience, rotating three sets of original Infinity batteries for a half year, and now three sets of the BP Powerizer batteries, is consistent with Buzz' measurements; I run 6 - 7 ml of eliquid with 3.1 ohms/5V, on either PV, before needing a change.

BP batteries, as Verm noted, are more common, though the IP battery price point is good.

I prefer the BP's lower center of gravity for carrying in a shirt pocket -- a bit less likely to drop out when I bend over.

Either one is an excellent choice :)

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
My Dad once said when asked who was his favorite grandchild, "whichever one I'm holding at the time".

I have the BP and the IP beta, and I feel the same :) I doubt that helps.

My biggest concern LD, if I were you, would be upsetting Goldie and the Orange One :pervy:

Would that be me, by any chance, Wharf????

Just checking... if you were referring to someone else I understand and my feelings won't be hurt. Much. :)

LOL!

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Well, I took the plunge. I got the IPro. I had $120 budgeted and was able to get the IPro, charging kit (with 2 batteries) and an extra 2 batteries for $119.68 (shipped). I'm really excited to be moving up from the eGo VV to a IPro.

Thank you everyone. Your help was great in making this decision.

@Warf: HA! I think the Orange One liked the IPro. Goldie was happy to see me move up to anything non-eGo, but kept recommending the Buzz Pro (or non-Pro). Both will be happy to see me on a real VV.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Thanks markfm. I had a friend send me a tank and a carto for me to punch and try. Now that I know I can use it even better with the IPro, I'm even more excited.

Thanks Bovinia. I can't wait for it to get here. I put the order in about 2 hours ago. Shouldn't it be here by now??? ;-) j/k I have a feeling that the mail man is going to feel stalked! I'm from Connecticut, by the way. Grew up in Coventry (with a short stint in Bristol). Most of my family is still there.

LD

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
Would that be me, by any chance, Wharf????

Just checking... if you were referring to someone else I understand and my feelings won't be hurt. Much. :)

LOL!

Pokey there are I'm sure a lot of oranges out there, but there is ONLY one Orange One !!! :)

Oh and Yeah LD........... Congrats !!!!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
On the carto, if you have a Dremel slotting can be simpler/cleaner than punching. I use a pair of vice grips, with a little bit of paper towel wrapped around the mouth end. The grips don't have to be ultra tight -- I can push the carto/towel in. Wear goggles. With the grips/carto on a bench (I put them on another piece of towel), cut the slot about 1/3" up from the bottom. Don't cut too much into the filling.

After even 1 or 2 (I used an old carto for practice), it becomes really fast. No deformation of the carto. I cut fairly large slots, zero leaks with even pretty thin eliquid. Check with an old carto on the height for your particular tank and IP connector. I like a couple mm gap from the tank to the PV, for air flow.

Be ready to cruise through eliquid. With a tank and a decent carto every puff is great, excellent vapor and warmth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread