Indulgence 510 Adapter Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandrixfly

Mar 30, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hey all~

I've been enjoying the flexibility of my titanium Indulgence for a couple months so far, but have noticed a decreasingly worrying problem with the 510 adapter insert that came with the kit. I use reg 510 attys, LR, and cartoz with the thing, and while they all have slightly different threads and measurements, I'm afraid that the overall performance of my Indulgence is suffering due to the terribly tight draw/airflow of the 510 adapter. It seems like it's getting worse and worse with the more 510's I use.

The main qualm I have is that the piece only had one drilled air hole! And no cutouts on the top like most other connectors for airflow. It's flat on top and the inside connector is deeply recessed. So, if a particular brand of atty is manufactured with shallower threads, like many of my LR 510's, I have to screw the atty down far enough to make connection to the bottom of the adapter, leaving zero room at the top and relying on that one tiny drilled hole to draw from...Given that I drip, I like to keep my attys wet, and flood them a bit from time to time, so when that tiny hole gets filled with fluid it's like sucking a malt through a cocktail straw...not pleasant.

Has anyone modified their adapters for better performance? I'm close to cutting vents into the top, or just ordering a 901 to 510 screw-on adapter and just using that set-up with the supplied 901...

Thanky.

-VF

vandrixfly

Mar 30, 2010
Chicago, IL
Apatel~

It's good to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue. I PM'd Di, but it's a bit too long waiting for EM shipping for me to sit here and not try to do anything about it! I fixed mine up by grinding down the adapter, atty side, a millimeter or two and it works wonders. Did it with a dremel and stone, but it can be done pretty easily with a sharpening stone alone, given more time. Just run an atty's threads through the adapter several times after grinding to give the spin back its smoothness and get the barbs out of the threads.

The air holes in the atty itself are exposed now, giving a great draw. My PS passthrough has a shallow 510 connection like this and I love the draw it gives. Still may try getting a spare from Di for the future, but this helps for sure!

Last edited:

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
vandrixfly,

Good for you, I'm glad you were able to overcome this minor setback. The 5v PT is nice with a 510. I've got some 801HV attys coming, along with the extender cup and 2 16340 batts, to see what 6v is all about.

Hopefully Di will be able give you/us some insight into why they're making that way now.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
vandrixfly,

Good for you, I'm glad you were able to overcome this minor setback. The 5v PT is nice with a 510. I've got some 801HV attys coming, along with the extender cup and 2 16340 batts, to see what 6v is all about.

Hopefully Di will be able give you/us some insight into why they're making that way now.

I have spoken with -vandrixfly,
in PM and suggested a course of action and an ultimate solution also.

I am glad to see he/she has found a solution,
brilliant -- vandrixfly,

it is so nice to deal with smart members --

and no,
I can offer no reason for the one hole in the 510 bullitt adapter

mine has 2 holes also

a misfire on the hole cutter ???????

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Di,

D'oh, The hole cutter always seems to be the culprit, damn them to H-E-double hockey stick!

May your TH be hardy, and your vape be as pure as the driven snow!

hahahahah, sanjosse

The hole putter has been a bad apple in the pack since the start of time -- yes ??????????

and -- me -- pure as the driven snow! -- :oops:

:angel::angel::angel::angel:

as willy nelson sings,

but you don't know me -- hahahaha -- :blink::pervy::pervy::pervy::pervy::nun::nun::nun:

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
Di,

Maybe someday we'll meet, only then, will I be able to tell if you ARE "Pure as the driven snow". LOL!!!!

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm kinda taking a shining to you, Di. Tho we are time zones apart, we are cut from similar cloth! Ie, always trying to help, always with the quick wit, always positive. May you live a blessed existence!

TTFN

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Di,

Maybe someday we'll meet, only then, will I be able to tell if you ARE "Pure as the driven snow". LOL!!!!

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm kinda taking a shining to you, Di. Tho we are time zones apart, we are cut from similar cloth! Ie, always trying to help, always with the quick wit, always positive. May you live a blessed existence!

TTFN

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwww, sanjosse

well arn't you just the lil ole sweet talker then ?????

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
guys and glas, leave the one hole and follow these steps.

the adapter is easy to shave down with a dremel

all you have to do is replicate the origianal adapter buy slicing 4 grooves into the adapter so it resembles the silver 510 adapters with the 4 slits at the top, once you do that it will work the way its suppose to.

even with the 2 holes it still isnt a real 510 adapter so i would add the 4 slits to those adapters as well.

i wish the indulgence had the riva 510 adapter becuase that one works flawlessly.

Last edited:

BartS

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
/\/¯¯¯¯\/\/ South Africa
guys and glas, leave the one hole and follow these steps.

the adapter is easy to shave down with a dremel

all you have to do is replicate the origianal adapter buy slicing 4 grooves into the adapter so it resembles the silver 510 adapters with the 4 slits at the top, once you do that it will work the way its suppose to.

even with the 2 holes it still isnt a real 510 adapter so i would add the 4 slits to those adapters as well.

i wish the indulgence had the riva 510 adapter becuase that one works flawlessly.

How about some pics BK? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread