Another Indulgence Review (and critique)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Houston, TX
Greets EM Family!

I received my 1st Indulgence from EM this week (Order 7520) and wanted to post some praises and concerns about the new product.

Let me pre-emphasize the critique is not a slam against EM. In fact, I believe in the product and only wish it to be fully successful. Through EM, I have been able to provide assistance for FOURTEEN (14) people at work to find an alternative to analog cigs and start vaping with the EM 510. Everyone loves that unit and for me, selfishly, I have some people to vape with now along with talking about the experience.

Also I would like to emphasize when a new product is brought to the market (in this case the Vaping world,) there are ALWAYS going to be pros and cons, some improvements realized and made. I am hoping this may be used to help improve the unit as it has an extreme amount of potential and viewing the positive experiences others have had, it is ALMOST there. I think a little Q/A would help the product immensely.

Now for the customer input:

510 Adapter - A little disappointment arose when I figured out that I could not get a 510 atomizer to securely seal with the Indulgence 510 adapter *3 atomizers tried.) Since it will not seal, it pulls in a large amount of air when trying to utilize the Indulgence. The result is no vapor, no throat hit, and I am not sure that it is even working as I do not hear the familiar "clicking" sound of the atomizer when depressing the switch. Please see the pictures below:

510Connection-1.jpg

501Connection2.jpg

801 Adapter - Well...lets just say it is non-working. The 801 Cap (adapter) wil not screw down far enough on the switch to allow the switch to connect and thus the atomizer will not ignite. Also, the three 801 atomizers I tried would not screw completely down into the adapter. I tried to tighten them a little (not force) and the connection piece on the adapter came off. Please see below for pictures:

801 Cap (adapter) connection with Indulgence Switch - thats as far as it goes guys:
801Adapter-1.jpg

801Adapter.jpg

801 Connection piece on Cap (adapter) - you can see where the connection piece is now stuck on the 801 atomizer.
801AdapterBroke.jpg

901 Adapter - No experience with this as I do not have a 901 atomizer to try.

401 Adapter - AHHHHHHH now I understand what people are raving about. THe 401 adapter worked PERFECTLY with the Indulgence. Although I am not a big 401 fan, after vaping with the 401 adapter and Indulgence, I had more vapor and taste than any regular EM401 unit. THIS is what I believe EM wanted to portray in the product and it works!

4012.jpg

The Indulgence Extended Cup 3.7v 18650:

I also purchased the extended cup for the Indulgence. It only works intermittantly unfortunately. I believe this is the case because the battery still sits a little too low in the Indulgence Cup to make a connection with the switch. Once the indulgence is put together completely with the Extended Cup, you can actually shake the unit a little bit and feel the feel the battery going up and down. I have taken a picture to compare the Extended Cup and the regular Cup on the Indulgence which should allude to what I am talking about. You can see how much higher the battery protrudes out of the regular Cup compared to the Extended Cup.

RegularExendedCup2.jpg

RegularExtendedCup1.jpg

All in all, I think the Indulgence has a LOT of potential, just needs a few more twinks and some Q/A to assure all the parts work for each unit. Unfortunately, the only adapter that works with the atomizers I have is the 401 on the regular cup. I am sure EM/Di/David will make it right as they have historically done with their customers. Heck, it could just be a faulty switch, who knows! :)

Tank/Dave

Taroth

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Redditch, UK
I have had exactly the same problems as you have mentioned and am awaiting my second set of replacements. Eastmall and especially Di have been very good about the whole thing and are trying to resolve these issues. This is a new product and bound to have some teething problems and I think they are hounding the manufacturers to get things right.

Contact Eastmall by email or through the website and I'm sure they will sort it out for you.

Davidyang

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2008
China
www.eastmall.net
Hi Tank,

First, we are sorry that you have such problems. we will arrange replacement for you soon.

Second, for the 510 problem you have . yes the atomizer could not screw in completely just in case the hard draw, but the hole on the atomizer does have been covered almost completely when you screw the 510 atomizer in . Also when you use the high voltage atomizer on the 3.7v, it will affect the flavor a lot, and the amount of the vapor also.

For the 801 connector, we are thinking to make it better. as it is not as easy as the 901 conector when you screw the atomizer in.

For the 801 cap which could not been screwed in completely as you showed in your pic. We noticed on you pics that the 801 connector are screwed out from the cap. We think that you may get the connectors screwd out from the caps by yourself, then for sure you could not get the caps screwed in completely , as we think the way we put the connectors into the caps is different from what you did. We are doing like this, first screw in the cap completely into the switch part, then put some glues on the side of the 801 connector, then screw in the 801 connector into the cap until it touch the switch connector.

For the extended cup, when you put the battery inside the cup, it just showes a little bit out of the cup, but it connect perfectly. There are 2 reasons for this
1. we make the extended cup compatible with 18650 and 2 *cr123 3V battery , as 2 *cr123 protected battery will be a bit higher than 1 protected 18650 battery.
2. Just as the pics shows, actually you will find that the extended cup can be screwed in easier.

Also I noticed that the one you have is Titanium (forgive me if I am wrong,as the color is kind of dark:p)which I specially keep for you. so if you still prefer the titanium color, I am afraid the replacement could only be shipped out Wensday , if you do not mind the silver color, it will be shipped out Monday Morning. please kindly email me sales@eastmall.net

In the end, we thank you again for the communication, also we would like to let all the indulgence funs know that Indulgence 6V and Indulgence Passthrough has been finally approved. will be on the site very soon.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Please bear my english:D:D:D

Kind regards
David Yang

Last edited:

Dickens

Aug 6, 2009
Rugby, UK
I received one of the first batch of Indulgence units just before the new year and did experience a few problems with the 510 and 901 atomiser adaptors.
David and his team were great and arranged supply of the revised unit as soon as it was available and it was despatched and received within 6 days!!

The revised unit is excellent, everything fits perfectly and works superbly.I use mainly the 510 and 901 uits and in my opinion you wont get a better vape, throat hit, or battery life than the Indulgence can offer.

I also have the extended cup and use the 18650 battery quite a lot ( usually use the short cup during the day, and the extended cup in the evenings). The battery fit and connection to the switch unit is fine, have had no problems whatsoever.

The 510 atomiser does not quite screw in completely to the adaptor head, but the consistancy of firing and the draw seems perfect, the 901 works great provided you dont try and overtighten the atomiser.

The switch unit works very very well, hasnt missed a beat yet and ive never had a misfire or any sort of problem with any of the adaptor units ive tried .

Overall i would say this is a fantastic piece of kit , very good quality - impressive performance - and great value for money. The initial problems appear to have been resolved , so if your thinking about getting one - dont hesitate !! , get it now.

And for those that are having a few problems with the Indulgence i would say persevere with it - im sure that with the great customer service behind this unit you will be more than happy with it once the problems are resolved.

Thanks again Eastmall for supplying such a great product and giving the excellent customer support you have.

Mike

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
I have had exactly the same problems as you have mentioned and am awaiting my second set of replacements. Eastmall and especially Di have been very good about the whole thing and are trying to resolve these issues. This is a new product and bound to have some teething problems and I think they are hounding the manufacturers to get things right.

Contact Eastmall by email or through the website and I'm sure they will sort it out for you.
I reported problems through Customer Service on the EM site and within half an hour I was told they would send me a replacement that included some redesigned parts. This has arrived and fixed the problems you have. So use that link and ask for the replacement.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I received one of the first batch of Indulgence units just before the new year and did experience a few problems with the 510 and 901 atomiser adaptors.
David and his team were great and arranged supply of the revised unit as soon as it was available and it was despatched and received within 6 days!!

The revised unit is excellent, everything fits perfectly and works superbly.I use mainly the 510 and 901 uits and in my opinion you wont get a better vape, throat hit, or battery life than the Indulgence can offer.

I also have the extended cup and use the 18650 battery quite a lot ( usually use the short cup during the day, and the extended cup in the evenings). The battery fit and connection to the switch unit is fine, have had no problems whatsoever.

The 510 atomiser does not quite screw in completely to the adaptor head, but the consistancy of firing and the draw seems perfect, the 901 works great provided you dont try and overtighten the atomiser.

The switch unit works very very well, hasnt missed a beat yet and ive never had a misfire or any sort of problem with any of the adaptor units ive tried .

Overall i would say this is a fantastic piece of kit , very good quality - impressive performance - and great value for money. The initial problems appear to have been resolved , so if your thinking about getting one - dont hesitate !! , get it now.

And for those that are having a few problems with the Indulgence i would say persevere with it - im sure that with the great customer service behind this unit you will be more than happy with it once the problems are resolved.

Thanks again Eastmall for supplying such a great product and giving the excellent customer support you have.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

thank you for a lovely review,
very clear and concise, ---------:)

nice to know that you love this unit as much as we do

when we saw the prototype of it,
we knew this was something really special,
and we were determined to bring it to our customers as a realistic price....

we have had a few teething problems with it,

but they are all resolved now,

but we are continuing to keep looking at even more improvements
if we find a better way we will try to get it implemented for the next batch ,
and continue to make improvements as all products do in their ongoing lifetime.

Davidyang

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2008
China
www.eastmall.net
David,

Any update on the replacement unit. I sent you an email as you requested with no reply as of yet. Did the replacement unit go out on Monday as you stated above?

Tank/Dave

Hi

Sure we shipped your replacement, and we sent you the email via our web, did you get it? your tracking number is EE343990416CN

If you did not get our emails from our web, please do let us know , as we are afraid the email system is not as what we requires

Kind regards
David Yang

Tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Houston, TX
Thank you Sir! I did not receive an email from your site. Tell whoever is hosting it to make it like you previously had it. Communications previously through www.eastmall.net was excellent and extremely fast! :)

I am not sure if you are receiving emails as some have stated in other threads. I sent a couple last week and one on Saturday this past weekend. I thought it very unusual that you did not respond as you always respond fast before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread