Hi, I am new to ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

buccaneersfan

Jun 7, 2019
been a smoker for like 20 years smoking around 50 cigarettes a day, tried unsuccessfully to quit earlier, used e-cigs 5 years ago for a short while and went back to regular smoking. determined to quit now and ordered online mods and liquids. its been 32 hours since i had last cigarette and only vaping, but its flashing before my mind all the time. how is your experience on 2nd day of quitting.

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
been a smoker for like 20 years smoking around 50 cigarettes a day, tried unsuccessfully to quit earlier, used e-cigs 5 years ago for a short while and went back to regular smoking. determined to quit now and ordered online mods and liquids. its been 32 hours since i had last cigarette and only vaping, but its flashing before my mind all the time. how is your experience on 2nd day of quitting.
Hi and welcome. I used to roll my own and would be doing something with one hanging out of my mouth, puff now and then and could keep it going for maybe 15 to 20 mins. Maybe it would go out and id have it there till I lit it again. That habbit was the one that got to ne for the first month or two. Just having it there hands free, whereas with my vape it was heavy compared to a smoke and I had to hold it when I wanted it. I think for me the habit of a cig hanging out of my mouth was the main thing that I missed rather than the actual smoking of it at times. Persist though and those things that try to draw you back will get less and less like seeing something slowly fade out of site in your rear vision mirror.

buccaneersfan

Jun 7, 2019
Howdy and welcome :)

It can be done. Adjustments can be made if something isn’t working for you. Let us know how things are going and if there are problems, perhaps we can help.
Thanks all for the responses,

The biggest issue I am facing right now is, I ordered some 24mg and 12mg liquids. I started with 24mg and i get cough when i inhale. I thought 24mg is perfect for me as I smoke marlboro reds (50 cigarettes a day). with 24mg i get cough but i get that feeling of real cigarette. I tried 12mg there is no cough and lot of vapor but i dont feel anything even after smoking for 30 minutes straight. Any suggestions here?

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
24mg is harsh because standard nic has a high pH. There is another variety that is pH-neutralized and marketed as "nicotine salts" for pod devices. That stuff is very smooth without any of that peppery nicotine taste that can be so overwhelming. You can use it in the same concentration anywhere you use standard nic.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

The biggest issue I am facing right now is, I ordered some 24mg and 12mg liquids. I started with 24mg and i get cough when i inhale. I thought 24mg is perfect for me as I smoke marlboro reds (50 cigarettes a day). with 24mg i get cough but i get that feeling of real cigarette. I tried 12mg there is no cough and lot of vapor but i dont feel anything even after smoking for 30 minutes straight. Any suggestions here?
Hi and welcome,
Congrats on the first day smoke free.
Please tell us what device/pod/equipment you are using.
If you have a power adjustable device, what amount of power are you using?
If you are using a tank with coils/mesh heads, what is the resistance of the coil/mesh heads? (Ω)
How are you vaping?
Long slow steady draw like a cigarette or more of a sharp fast deep "gulp" type of inhale?

Welcome to the ECF
Cheers
I

buccaneersfan

Jun 7, 2019
24mg is harsh because standard nic has a high pH. There is another variety that is pH-neutralized and marketed as "nicotine salts" for pod devices. That stuff is very smooth without any of that peppery nicotine taste that can be so overwhelming. You can use it in the same concentration anywhere you use standard nic.

Thanks for the Info I was wondering what are nic salts all these days

Hi and welcome,
Congrats on the first day smoke free.
Please tell us what device/pod/equipment you are using.
If you have a power adjustable device, what amount of power are you using?
If you are using a tank with coils/mesh heads, what is the resistance of the coil/mesh heads? (Ω)
How are you vaping?
Long slow steady draw like a cigarette or more of a sharp fast deep "gulp" type of inhale?

Welcome to the ECF
Cheers
I

Hi

I am presently using smok nord, i tried variable wattage devices earlier but i dont like those for some reason.

i am using 0.6ohm mesh coil presently, i like more vapor so i thought 0.6 gives more vapor than 1.4
How are you vaping?--- long slow draw like a cigarette may be for 6 seconds max

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland

You could try mixing equal amounts of the 12 and 24mg, this would give you 18mg, maybe worth a try.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
PH neutralized is a bit of a misnomer. It’s effectively a different chemical. Might be worth trying 18mg first especially since he can get it by mixing the 12 and the 24.

Another thing to look at is PG/VG ratio. It’s not impossible the 24 is high PG and that is what is causing the cough.

I personally consider protonated nicotine to be a last resort until more research is done. There’s just so very little information on it. It’s not out of the game though.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Coughing is quite common the first several days. Personally I would stick with the 24mg. We absorb vapor differently than with smoking. You are now absorbing more nic through the the mucus membranes in your mouth and nostrils. Try holding the vapor in your mouth for a moment before inhaling and exhale through your nose. You just need time to let your body adjust to a different delivery system.
The transition is easy for some, takes longer for others. For myself after giving up smoking entirely it took a few weeks before I quit reaching for cigs upon waking.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I personally consider protonated nicotine to be a last resort until more research is done. There’s just so very little information on it. It’s not out of the game though.
I'm in the opposing camp. Salt nic is best thing to happen since vaping itself and there's no apparent reason why anything should be wrong with it. Voicing baseless suspicions is spreading FUD that turns off potential users. OP complained about 24mg tasting harsh and the principle reason for that is the strong taste of freebase nic.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... how is your experience on 2nd day of quitting.

How was My Day 2 Experience?

Horrible.

Walking around Irritable and On Edge with that feeling like I had forgotten something that was Extremely Important. And the voice in my Head telling me that it would ALL Go Away if I had just One Smoke.

And what made it Worse was I Knew that that voice was a Lie.

But I just kept Beating Down that voice by talking Hits off my 2nd e-Cigarette that had High Nicotine e-Liquid in it. And telling Myself that Day 3 was going to be Better than Day 2 (which it was). All I had to do was get to Midnight without caving.

That 1st Week can be Really Tough. But you can Make It.

If you are Struggling, consider getting some Higher than normal Nicotine e-Liquids and putting them in your Back-Up e-Cigarette. And use the Higher Nicotine when the Cravings get Bad.

buccaneersfan

Jun 7, 2019
You could try mixing equal amounts of the 12 and 24mg, this would give you 18mg, maybe worth a try.
I am different flavors for 12 and 24mg, can I mix them to make 18mg
Coughing is quite common the first several days. Personally I would stick with the 24mg. We absorb vapor differently than with smoking. You are now absorbing more nic through the the mucus membranes in your mouth and nostrils. Try holding the vapor in your mouth for a moment before inhaling and exhale through your nose. You just need time to let your body adjust to a different delivery system.
The transition is easy for some, takes longer for others. For myself after giving up smoking entirely it took a few weeks before I quit reaching for cigs upon waking.
I'm using 50/50 pg/VG for 24mg is that's the reason for cough

dsites

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2017
Nederland, Colorado
One thing to keep in mind is that Marlboros have lots of stuff in them that vaping won't replace... it's what makes a Marlboro a Marlboro rather than a Winston. I'd drink lots of fluids to flush the residual toxins out. As previously suggested, mixing your fluids to get 18 mg isn't a bad idea either. You're on the right track.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm in the opposing camp. Salt nic is best thing to happen since vaping itself and there's no apparent reason why anything should be wrong with it. Voicing baseless suspicions is spreading FUD
it’s not FUD. FUD is when things are made to seem less certain and more confusing than they actually are. This is ACTUALLY that uncertain.
that turns off potential users.
So your argument is “well there isn’t any information at all and pointing out there isn’t any information at all may hurt sales so don’t do it”?!
OP complained about 24mg tasting harsh and the principle reason for that is the strong taste of freebase nic.
Nope. He complained about coughing. Wasn’t anything about “tasting harsh” at all. Never even heard that one. Protonated and unprotonated taste the same as far as I can tell.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread