New to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hentak

Jun 11, 2017
Hi all, I've just recently joined and am glad to be here. Been without a cigarette for nearly two months now after smoking 2+ packs a day for nearly 20 years. Tried a few times in the past unsuccessfully, but am now using a iJustS and it is going well. Quite new to everything but am learning quite quickly.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Lots to learn, research and knowledge is the best way to a successful vape experience. I do suspect soon eventually looking to upgrade the gear. IMO the best money spent would be not to buy a hitter that has an internal battery. With regular use maybe get 6-8 months before the internal battery looses umph then ends up in the trash...spend the extra bucks and get a charger, batts and a hitter. In most case your hitter could last for years but its the battery that slowly dies and needs replacing.
Great you joined and enjoy your vape experience.

Reactions: Tonee N

Hentak

Jun 11, 2017
Lots to learn, research and knowledge is the best way to a successful vape experience. I do suspect soon eventually looking to upgrade the gear. IMO the best money spent would be not to buy a hitter that has an internal battery. With regular use maybe get 6-8 months before the internal battery looses umph then ends up in the trash...spend the extra bucks and get a charger, batts and a hitter. In most case your hitter could last for years but its the battery that slowly dies and needs replacing.
Great you joined and enjoy your vape experience.
Thanks. The iJust has a 3000mA battery and last a full day but am suspecting it won't last long. I was unsuccessful when I tried to use a Twisp Aero. The Eleaf has got a good amount of flavour and a good amount of vapour. Looking at getting a box and maybe a rda. Currently using 0.3 coils, they seem to work best in this device and runs at about 50W. What would you recommend the next step up?

Reactions: Skold

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks. The iJust has a 3000mA battery and last a full day but am suspecting it won't last long. I was unsuccessful when I tried to use a Twisp Aero. The Eleaf has got a good amount of flavour and a good amount of vapour. Looking at getting a box and maybe a rda. Currently using 0.3 coils, they seem to work best in this device and runs at about 50W. What would you recommend the next step up?

Welcome @Hentak

The iJust batteries are flaky. Even the newer ones. I have 2 and both are not working 100%. (Switch issues).
Twisp are well-known in South Africa, as I remember - an 'off-the-radar' brand out to make money. They have little business elsewhere to my knowledge.
At least the rip-off US brands actually use products made by the most successful Chinese manufacturers.

You have to be careful with brand shops. They order from Kanger, Eleaf, Innokin and Joyetech etc. and get them to make small cosmetic changes and lazer their own logos on the hardware to charge double, sometimes triple. Then they pay fake review sites to recommend them.

This is how the #1 US brand (well, they call themselves that :eek: ) charged $119 for a $29 e-cig.
and $59 for a $13 tank. :-x

I use box mods nearly all the time and the Eleaf 0.3/0.5ohm coils are actually my preferred factory coil. At home, I use RDAs.

Reactions: Hentak

Hentak

Jun 11, 2017
Welcome @Hentak

The iJust batteries are flaky. Even the newer ones. I have 2 and both are not working 100%. (Switch issues).
Twisp are well-known in South Africa, as I remember - an 'off-the-radar' brand out to make money. They have little business elsewhere to my knowledge.
At least the rip-off US brands actually use products made by the most successful Chinese manufacturers.

You have to be careful with brand shops. They order from Kanger, Eleaf, Innokin and Joyetech etc. and get them to make small cosmetic changes and lazer their own logos on the hardware to charge double, sometimes triple. Then they pay fake review sites to recommend them.

This is how the #1 US brand (well, they call themselves that :eek: ) charged $119 for a $29 e-cig.
and $59 for a $13 tank. :-x

I use box mods nearly all the time and the Eleaf 0.3/0.5ohm coils are actually my preferred factory coil. At home, I use RDAs.
Yes, I only figured this out too late. The Twisp Aero is apparently a rebrand of an Ego device. The 0.3 coils work very well in the Eleaf, I find the 0.5 coils a bit weak. I'm going through a coil in 4-5 days though which is problematic as they are quite expensive. Looking at getting an rda, the vape shop in my area has one that's compatible with this battery. Although I've dismantled one of the coils and seem relatively easy to rebuild. Watched videos on YouTube. The only thing I'm unsure of is in the videos it's a single wire for the coil, but these have very thin wire doubled up

Reactions: djsvapour

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Would look into the Xpro M65 box mod by Smoktech.
re: SMOK Xpro M65 Mod - $27.99 | Best Vape Deals
For an RDA, Magma. Simple to build on and great flavor.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

Hentak

Jun 11, 2017

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Hentak & welcome
Your RTA (or RDTA) will do you fine on the road. Like djsvapour I've also had issues with Ijust switches so I was going to suggest you look to getting a backup device but you seem already going to that anyway.

If the IjustS tank performed like the Ijust2 then you are in the DTL (direct to lung) leagues. That makes a difference to the type of vape device you should be looking to buy. The Ijust2 tanks put out a fair amount of vapor and were in fact better performing tanks than most of their counterparts so your standard of judging performance is towards the upper end too.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Welcome to the forum, I've been using mostly mechs recently.
The one regulated mod I use is a Tesla nano Steampunk edition, it takes removable batteries but is very easy to use.
I use a cleito with mine at 60 watts & it's a very good sub ohm tank.
RDAS are very good but I use mine with mechs.
My two favourites are the tsunami rda an digiflavour Pharoah rda.

Before you get into building you should research ohms law & amps.
Samsung 30qs are my favourite batteries if you get into external and are good for 150 watts. For anything higher than 150 Sony vct5s, I think they might of got discontinued though.
Congrats on your two months but as people mentioned above internal batteries are built to for a charge cycle.
I believe 300 charge cycles is the standard

Hentak

Jun 11, 2017
Hi Hentak & welcome
Your RTA (or RDTA) will do you fine on the road. Like djsvapour I've also had issues with Ijust switches so I was going to suggest you look to getting a backup device but you seem already going to that anyway.

If the IjustS tank performed like the Ijust2 then you are in the DTL (direct to lung) leagues. That makes a difference to the type of vape device you should be looking to buy. The Ijust2 tanks put out a fair amount of vapor and were in fact better performing tanks than most of their counterparts so your standard of judging performance is towards the upper end too.
Definitely. I was quite surprised by the performance. Very good amount of vapour. The battery also lasts a good run, basically a day, but it is newish. At the moment I have 2 complete devices and a backup battery. I'll have to look at getting something that can take the same tanks, as ive purchased the RDTA. The vape shop I use has a 5000mA box battery, but also Eleaf. Is it a good idea or is Eleaf an inferior brand?

Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Definitely. I was quite surprised by the performance. Very good amount of vapour. The battery also lasts a good run, basically a day, but it is newish. At the moment I have 2 complete devices and a backup battery. I'll have to look at getting something that can take the same tanks, as ive purchased the RDTA. The vape shop I use has a 5000mA box battery, but also Eleaf. Is it a good idea or is Eleaf an inferior brand?
If it's an istick power 80w, for an internal battery they ain't bad at all. I have one! :)

Hi all, I've just recently joined and am glad to be here. Been without a cigarette for nearly two months now after smoking 2+ packs a day for nearly 20 years. Tried a few times in the past unsuccessfully, but am now using a iJustS and it is going well. Quite new to everything but am learning quite quickly.
Welcome!

Hentak

Jun 11, 2017
"The vape shop I use has a 5000mA box battery"

I assume you are talking about a mod. Eleaf is one of the cheaper brands but I've had no problems with Eleaf products beyond the switches on the Ijust2's and that hasn't turned me off from buying other of their offerings.
Yes it's just the battery. Square one that goes up to 80W. My iJustS tanks are compatible with it and I've got a RDTA did my second build on it yesterday, first one was spitting a lot. Not sure if the box is good to get, the coils I'm using are only good for between 45-50W I was told.

batteredwombat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
you will learn quickly. The main thing is figuring out what you like and what you dont.. that is the only challenge left, smokes dont have nonthing on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread