Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
True, although RTD is having a sale too. You'd have to figure which would be cheaper I guess.

Nice catch, I was not aware of that! As well as I am most certainly not trying to take business away from RTD! Randy runs a great company over there, but most times at least, with the Provape free shipping, it more than makes up for the slightly higher cost from them.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I would suggest buying 3 different heads to try, Vision Vivi Nova (top coil clearo), Kanger ProTank (bottom coil clearo), and a carto tank & cartomizers. You don't need to get all three at once, but you should give all three types a try.

Top coils (vivi nova) or Iclear 30 is a warmer vape and a little tighter draw. Pro tank (Bottom coils) is a cooler, airier vape.

I wouldn't bother with any other clearos since EVODS etc. are similar to Protank in vape, and then you would need a 510-to-Ego adapter to use with the Provari. Doesn't make any sense to do that.

You could also go the carto tank direction (IB Tanked + punched cartos). I think that is what a lot of provari users use.

I would not get anything more expensive for a topper until you try the provari. There are (believe it or not) people who like really lighter PVs, etc. and they find the weight of a Provari not to their liking. You will probably love it, but I would try the Provari first w/cheapest option of "toppers" first to make sure you are going to like the whole feel etc. of this PV

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
True, although RTD is having a sale too. You'd have to figure which would be cheaper I guess.

Only certain things on sale at RTD. I get all my batts from them, always have--- but my 18490s not on sale--I just bought some. I didn't see any IMRs on sale. Some of the chargers and other stuff on sale though.

The ECF discount has been discontinued (that was a little disappointment to be honest since shipping on batts is about $6.99 and I used the coupon all the time to help offset shipping)------BUT but I mostly shop at vendors who are proven, and if you order from Randy, you get TOP NOTCH service, lightning fast shipping, batteries and gear you know are authentic and not knock offs, and just quality all around.

So I will never buy batteries and stuff like that anywhere else to save $2 or so. :) And I only use AWs because they just perform better.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Hi guys....I got the provari mini with a PT2 tonight. Also got provari end cap.

What voltages should I be vaping with? Im using the 2.5 ohm atomizer.

Hope my terminology is right.

Thanks!

Start at 4.5v and go from there. An easy rule of thumb is to take the resistance and add 2, this will keep you right around 8 watts, where most people like it, and you can adjust from there.

Actually it's different with the Protank. There's a little card in the bottom of the box the PT2 came in that gives the voltages. For 2.4 to 2.6 ohms the voltage should be between 3.8 and 4.1. And yeah, Oci had to point that out to me after I tried mine on 4.5 during one of their ohms to voltage discussions. Blech! :laugh:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Hi guys....I got the provari mini with a PT2 tonight. Also got provari end cap.

Hope my terminology is right.

Thanks!

Start low and go up. I've never vaped at 4.5v. on a ProVari, even with 2.7 ohm coils. Could just be the juices I use.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The "ohm rating + 2 = volts" formula will give you a ballpark figure. However, I've learned that I prefer a cooler vape, and I adjust the voltage to my flavors. I rarely vape at higher than 4.2 volts. Especially with fruit/fruity flavors, I keep the voltage around 3.6 - 3.8 volts. Higher for my coffee and other flavors.

Don't be afraid to play around with the voltages some. There are no hard fast rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread