Has anyone had a weight gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlvr

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Kern County California
When I quit smoking last year I put on about 15 pounds. I loved it! I've been skinny my whole life and it felt good to have a few extra pounds. Started smoking again and lost it all.:( Started to eat more when I first started vaping but I can't seem to put back on the pounds. With all these wonderful flavors sometimes I feel like I'm vaping my snacks instead of eating them.:D

mischiefgrrl

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Los Angeles
Yes, but I'm not sure it has to do with quitting smoking. I've been battling weight problems for years. I have a broken pituitary gland from a head injury years ago. My body loves to gain but not lose weight. I can fluctuate up to 10 lbs per week.

I am hungrier with vaping and was used to not eating breakfast. On the coffee and cigs diet for 22 years I rarely ate before evening. Now I'm hungry when I wake up but I still don't eat much. A granola bar and an apple usually does it for me.

I'm up 5 lbs in addition to my usual fluctuation. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to exercise for over a week because of the bad air quality from the fires around here. The dog and I make it halfway up the hill and have to turn around because my lungs are burning from the bad air. I hope it's better this week so I can feel the benefits from not loading my lungs up with tar every day!

rjp44

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
West Chester, OH
Hey,

i never did gain weight when I quit those few times. With PV I find the same holds true.

In fact, I lost a almost 3 lbs of water weight since I stared vaping. Not exactly sure why that is.

Bear:cool:

The PG will dehydrate you. That's why you have to make sure and drink plenty of water when vapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread