Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
To start out, My thoughts and My Tastes are My Own, and yours may be different than Mine. I also paid for these out of My Own Pocket, and I am just reviewing them in case anyone is interested.

I am typing these thoughts as I sample them, so they may be random thoughts as I think them. :D Size wise, the pouches are bigger in the lip than a regular portion Snus pouch, but weigh about the same. It looks like they are processed like an original portion and sprayed at the end for flavor & moisture. If they had Nicotine in them it would be a real winner. (keep that thought, as I have an idea :D)

upload_2018-3-11_10-31-0.png

Black Coffee
Well it has a good coffee smell and taste like black coffee. :) No real sweetness or cream, just a coffee flavor, not bad at all. After a while, I am really liking the flavor, they did a good job on this one, if you like coffee like I do.

Mocha Coffee
Not as strong of a coffee smell, and I don't smell any chocolate. :( A little sweetness, not as much coffee flavor as the Black Coffee, and I don't taste mocha. They need to step up the coffee and mocha in this one to make it a winner. It's not bad per say, but I am disappointed in this one as I thought it would be my favorite. (I Really LOVE Chocolate, I was born with the Chocolate Gene :lol:)

Vanilla Coffee
This one smells of vanilla and coffee, really nice aroma. :) Does taste like a coffee with vanilla cream, but could have a little more flavor. A little sweetness, but you can taste both the coffee and the vanilla cream.

Irish Cream Coffee
Can't really smell anything but a mild coffee, but nothing like the Black Coffee. Not a bad flavor, can taste some sweetness, but not a lot. Does not really taste like an Irish Cream Coffee to me. Could be better, but not bad at all.

Caramel Coffee
Can smell the mild coffee, and I guess the caramel, haven't smelled caramel in a while, so not sure. :facepalm: Taste wise, it does have a sweetness, and I can taste the Caramel and a mild coffee. As with the others, could have a more dominate flavor like the Black Coffee. Not bad, but don't expect an over the top Caramel flavor, but usable.

Well after trying them all (1 pouch of each), unless I change my mind, the only one I would reorder is the Black Coffee, I really enjoyed it the best. YMMV

So, on adding Nicotine. I have some Aroma unflavored WTA in 24mg/ml 100% VG. If you figure there are 20 drops in 1 ml then there is 1.2mg of nicotine in each drop. So I took 3 drops of WTA, and added 3 drops of distilled water, then put that on a Grinds Black Coffee Pouch. I figure (if my math is right) that it will have 3.6mg on nicotine (or there about). That might be too much, as it being a liquid, it will be absorbed quickly, but I got to start somewhere. :)

More Thoughts to Follow as I use them some more......

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
how are you finding the effects of the coffee (caffeine)
I feel NOTHING from the caffeine, it is too little to affect me. To give you an idea, I make 50 ounces of cold coffee, and it takes 1/2 cup of dark french roast grounds, so these pouches are just flavor to me, nothing more.

I did try the one I put the 24mg/ml WTA on, I can tell it has nicotine, but not to the buzz point. The next one I try it on I am going to use 4 drops instead of 3, and no water.

I am going to try different places in the mouth to see if the flavor is stronger where the mouth is producing more saliva. These were target marketed to ball players to use instead of dip, so I guess they were dipping in the lower lip where there is a lot higher saliva production. I will post more thoughts as I try different things.

These are not to replace my Snus, just something different to try. :D

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Interesting???

I emailed getgrinds and wrote..."Have you run across this (new) thread on E-Cigarette-Forum ?"

Their reply:

"Thanks for reaching out. This is great. We appreciate how honest the writer is. Everyone has their own opinion and its a win if our product is being talked about. Let us know if you come across anything else.
Best,
Shaun Aguilera
Customer Success Manager

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Interesting???

I emailed getgrinds and wrote..."Have you run across this (new) thread on E-Cigarette-Forum ?"

Their reply:

"Thanks for reaching out. This is great. We appreciate how honest the writer is. Everyone has their own opinion and its a win if our product is being talked about. Let us know if you come across anything else.
Best,
Shaun Aguilera
Customer Success Manager

Thanks Gerry, Interesting reply. :)

Hope to have more thoughts on them, but work is working on me, and I haven't tried them more, maybe later this week or this weekend. :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
The next one I try it on I am going to use 4 drops instead of 3, and no water.
Well this turned out good, can really feel the nicotine with 4 drops (4.8mg), and with the Black Coffee no real off taste from adding it. Next I'll try it on a Vanilla pouch and see how that does, it does not have as strong of a flavor as the Black Coffee. If I can add some nicotine to these, it makes them a lot more usable for me. :)

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The only down side I can see is that you spent the money on the grinds and then are using wta that isn't cheap either so it'd be cheaper to just buy snus. However, if you really enjoy the flavor then the cost isn't as important.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I don't use the WTA in my vape anyway, I got it for when I thought the DW wanted to quit smoking with vaping, which I don't think will ever happen, so this gives me a use for it, and I have quite a bit. :facepalm:

EDIT: I just did the math, the Aroma WTA I am using cost as much as the pouches, so it doubles the cost. :facepalm:

I most likely will not order more Grinds, who knows, I have 5 cans that I need to do something with :D But I never intended to give up snus, I just like trying different things. :)

Too bad there is not a really good coffee snus. :(

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Well...Umbavape does sell WTA that is much less expensive than Aroma's...

TasteMaker - precision crafted WTA e-liquid

I know, I got a 120ml bottle for $27.98 shipped last November, still haven't opened it. :D

I was thinking I don't need PURE WTA, normally you use it at 10% or less. So what I was going to do is mix up some Nic Salt 100mg/ml with VG to make 9ml of 24mg/ml, then add 1ml of 24mg/ml WTA giving me a total of 10ml of 24mg/ml with 10% WTA. Then take 4 drops of that and put on a pouch and see what it is like. Using Nic Salt and Umbavape WTA would bring the cost down to very little per pouch. Might get to it this weekend, work is hammering me right now. :(

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I was thinking I don't need PURE WTA, normally you use it at 10% or less. So what I was going to do is mix up some Nic Salt 100mg/ml with VG to make 9ml of 24mg/ml, then add 1ml of 24mg/ml WTA giving me a total of 10ml of 24mg/ml with 10% WTA. Then take 4 drops of that and put on a pouch and see what it is like. Using Nic Salt and Umbavape WTA would bring the cost down to very little per pouch. Might get to it this weekend, work is hammering me right now. :(
    FYI, this was what I was thinking of mixing up to try first. Using the Aroma WTA, this way, it is around $.05 per pouch (or less than $1 per can), which is not bad.

upload_2018-3-15_21-4-32.png

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Burnie, I felt like I got little to no effect from the umba wta. I dripped it straight on an rda. It seemed harsh and left a tingling sensation in my mouth. I then rewicked and dripped some aroma wta and immediately could tell the difference. I think I’ve told you before but I have a long history with wta going back to the time that Dvap first figured out how to do the extraction process. I’ve tried several other wta’s and none have even come close to aroma’s in my opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread