Status
Not open for further replies.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
ok...first off....i have 14 different cans of snus open. so far i like them all...each has their own unique quality about them.....most i will not reorder....because i can see only having 1 to 3 pouches a day of most of the brands ive tried so far

i got me ettan yesterday but didnt try it till this morning.

upon opening the can...all i smell is plain tobacco...nothing more

up to now...i liked and really liked the snus ive tried....but ettan...wow

it is a no-frills pure rich tobacco taste with a hint of salt...i love the taste

so far...its my favorite...i love this snus...this i can see buying rolls of and i honestly never thought any snus was worth buying rolls of.

im on my second pouch today..it goes great with my coffee...but i think odens kanel is a little better with coffee.

i also have the los...which i have not yet tried

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Taste is so very individual. I've used Ettan off and on for about three years. It's one of the oldest, most established snus in Sweden. At first, I liked the pure tobacco flavor. Now, I dislike the smell of it and consider the taste just bland.

I have made my last Ettan order as I finish up a tin on hand.

But each to their own.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
ive heard many say that their taste changes with snus. that puzzles me.

when i smoked...i always bought the same brand of smokes as many have done. you found a brand and type you liked and stuck with it. there was no real deviation from the norm with cigarettes.

with snus i guess its different...im still a noob to snus. i tried to avoid buying rolls of snus for that reason...but i guess taste change happens over a long period of time.

i did purchase rolls from clubsnus going out of business sale tho. i figure worst case...i can trade cans with other members if i get sick of a snus

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
asidrave, I've only tried a couple cans of Ettan, but I really enjoyed them too. I have a can of los coming, so let me know what you think when you try yours.

i promised myself im gonna work on the cans i already opened and not open anymore. i have 16 cans open now.

i have a very good feel of the different flavors of snus i have open so i know what i like.

my next can to open will be the ettan los...not sure exactly when tho .if i really like that too...i will buy a roll.

if you try yours first skrymr...let us know and please compare it to the ettan pouch.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Believe it or not, I've been able to limit myself to two open cans at a time. That might change when my orders come in though.

i said that to myself when i got my first order...ill keep a few cans open. i first started with white portions, then i wanted to try original portions...to see the difference, then extra stark portions, now los. between, tobacco, mint and other flavors...it adds up to alot of open cans :)

im thankful i have a side job to fund my snus and vaping so it really doesnt hurt my pocket so much

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Wow, 16 opened cans....beats my record. But, it is hard, if not impossible, to not wanna try it all. Luckily I'm settled in a groove and generally don't have more than 4 open at a time. If it weren't for that nummy Kanel los I'd normally get by with 3. It's good that you've hit it hard, though. With not a lot of time till $$ goes up you'll be better equipped to hoard ;). And I like Ettan too. The Grov is a really good 'baccy flavor, but a little on the rich side for my buds. Couldn't do it all day. Ettan and Lab are milder, just like me :D.

Glad ya verified your caplocks button firechick :D.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
@firechick...we wouldnt want it any other way :) we all like our women with beautiful pearly whites ;)

@TV.....when my tastebuds finally settle....i want to stock up on rolls of 4 to 6 different kinds of snus...right now im just having fun with all the flavors and giving my tastebuds a workout..

nice thing is...for some strange reason...since starting snus...i wake up in the morning feeling fine and good...not tired or groggy......i never got that while smoking and then while vaping. i cant remember the last time i woke up like that. i hope its not a passing phase

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
nice thing is...for some strange reason...since starting snus...i wake up in the morning feeling fine and good...not tired or groggy......i never got that while smoking and then while vaping. i cant remember the last time i woke up like that. i hope its not a passing phase

Ha...that's good my friend. Unfortunately, the only thing that would make me feel fine and good when I wake up would put me back in rehab. I still do the zombie coffee and a coma routine every morning. But at least with snus it eventually goes away, where it didn't with my PV :).

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Asidrave and TV, I think Pact has made me do crazy things to find the ones we like 'in a hurry' and stock up on. I just counted and I have 23 open cans and some Discreet, out of which 12 have finally ended up as restockable.

But, it looks like I probably will have 12 in the refrigerator at all times open, just for a selection eventually. What would have been really nice is to find out what I like over the next year or so...not just in a short time, that got pretty expensive. :D

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Asidrave and TV, I think Pact has made me do crazy things to find the ones we like 'in a hurry' and stock up on. I just counted and I have 23 open cans and some Discreet, out of which 12 have finally ended up as restockable.

But, it looks like I probably will have 12 in the refrigerator at all times open, just for a selection eventually. What would have been really nice is to find out what I like over the next year or so...not just in a short time, that got pretty expensive. :D

ya took the words right out of my mouth...

im still a snus newb and im trying to become a veteran snuser in less than 3 months so i can stock up on what i like.

i always say to myself when im done with a portion....what do i want to try next? everytime its always a different brand....except for today...im really loving the ettan portions...i had 4 in a row and enjoyed it everytime.

as of right now i can see myself buying rolls of ettan...im hoping my tastes dont change for ettan

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
@firechick...we wouldnt want it any other way :) we all like our women with beautiful pearly whites ;)

@TV.....when my tastebuds finally settle....i want to stock up on rolls of 4 to 6 different kinds of snus...right now im just having fun with all the flavors and giving my tastebuds a workout..

It could be you're breathing better at night,since you've given you're lungs such a big break. I'm glad you're having success and fun with this asidrave.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
It could be you're breathing better at night,since you've given you're lungs such a big break. I'm glad you're having success and fun with this asidrave.

that makes sense...im also not vaping as much....probably about 1/4 of what i used to do

i enjoy snusing much more than vaping now.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Been doing a lot of Ettan as of late so I'll give my take on it.

Since last fall I've been doing both Ettan white and Grovsnus white as my go-to work snus. Grab a can and I'm off for a day in the salt mines. I normally alternated between the two. A few cans of Ettan followed by a few cans of Grov. A nice change up so I didn't burn out a one of them. Of the two Grov has more bite to it. Ettan has almost a buttery smoothness to it. For me they both complement each other. Ettan smooth and mild, Grov stronger flavor with a bit of bite.

The loose is different. Ettan has the same smoothness with that distinct Ettan taste, but the loose has a richer flavor. Never gets bitter or sour. Good stuff indeed. I'm not going to say its better then the white, just different. Each is good in its own way.

The Grov loose... one of the few loose where I actually prefer the portion. It has a bit to much bite for me to be an all day snus. Its good as and occasional can for a change up but I wouldn't want to do it as an all day type snus. If I'm into loose its Ettan and Roda Lacket is my one two punch.

That's my take on it and I'm sticking with it, at least until I change my mind, which I reserve to right to do at anytime.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
The impact on the heart from consuming caffeine or nicotine in normal amounts has to be about the same as walking at a moderate pace. No greater. So what's the big deal? The heart is a muscle that can flex and contract at a variable rate, based on needs and/or stimulation.

When nicotine is introduced into the bloodstream, one result is a slightly increased heart rate, and slight elevation of blood pressure. For anyone without an underlying heart condition, this is no big deal. The increases are similar to those created from gentle exercise recommended for everyone.

In fact, our morning coffee/nicotine routine might be beneficial! A heart is not meant to remain at rest all of the time. It needs mild workouts periodically. Caffeine and nicotine trigger chemically-induced workouts. Of course, neither should be used to such an extreme that palpitations begin. But no one is suggesting that.

I use both, believing not only that they are NOT HARMFUL, but that they benefit my heart and my weight, by boosting metabolism.

Beyond the heart, there is no question that caffeine and nicotine positively affect the brain by increasing alertness and providing a relaxed sense of well-being. For many users, like TV and myself, this is intuitive. We learned. We know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread