Status
Not open for further replies.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
i had a grov last night some time after my last ettan. yes i do agree that the grov has an extra bite and a touch saltier. it is a good alternative to ettan as well.

around the middle of my 3rd pouch of ettan yesterday....i got a subtle hint of dark chocolate....that was yummy. i didnt get or maybe notice the chocolate taste before then. many have said they got that taste from it.

at clubsnus..i ordered a roll of each of the following

ettan portion

roda lacket portion

grov portion

general mint x2

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
ok...first off....i have 14 different cans of snus open. so far i like them all...each has their own unique quality about them.....most i will not reorder....because i can see only having 1 to 3 pouches a day of most of the brands ive tried so far

i got me ettan yesterday but didnt try it till this morning.

upon opening the can...all i smell is plain tobacco...nothing more

up to now...i liked and really liked the snus ive tried....but ettan...wow

it is a no-frills pure rich tobacco taste with a hint of salt...i love the taste

so far...its my favorite...i love this snus...this i can see buying rolls of and i honestly never thought any snus was worth buying rolls of.

im on my second pouch today..it goes great with my coffee...but i think odens kanel is a little better with coffee.

i also have the los...which i have not yet tried

I sooo agree Ettan was my first and still one of my favs. So hey did you see Tbob rail me for recommending Ettan to a Newby stating it is hardcore and nasty? Ettan is straight up quality tob with no flavoring added me likey. Im going to try it los

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
I sooo agree Ettan was my first and still one of my favs. So hey did you see Tbob rail me for recommending Ettan to a Newby stating it is hardcore and nasty? Ettan is straight up quality tob with no flavoring added me likey. Im going to try it los

i saw that post. in my opinion...ettan is not strong at all. it's just a good straight tobacco. i never thought i would like straight tobacco when i first started snusing. i tried more flavored snus than anything. i glad i finally did try and love ettan...i just wish i didnt wait sooo long to try it

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Sounds good to me Stubby. Now, if I didn't have to use so much in the way of the 8mg portions, I could use Ettan all day. This Grov is tasty, but still too rich to do more than a nightly one or two. I'm surprised the Grov still has the bite with los, though. Hmmm.
The Grov loose surprised me, well actually not to much because I had done the loose in the past and it tasted exactly as I remember it, and I remembered why I never bought more of it. It's normal for many loose snus to be a bit smoother then portions. Not so with Grov, as it kind of pushes the bite side of it. Perhaps even a stronger flavor.

No doubt some people really like that but wasn't for me.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
I didn't have any ettan today so that I can concentrate on flavor that I want to stock up on.

So far these did not make the reorder list:

jakobssons ice fruit...a good occasional snus. Something about the juicyfruit taste and mint that doesn't work well for me

ck mango......spicy taste.....not too bad....no mango taste at all

gotlandssnus flader.....nice apple taste.....but very bland tasting

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Hey asidrave, if you like tobacco flavors, give Skurf a try. It says it's bergamot and rose oil, but I don't taste any bergamot. None. It has about the nicest mild tobacco flavor and the rose oil seems to be a really subtle blend. As much as I dislike bergamot snus, this one is on my "A" list :).

i have 5 cans of scruf original portions coming from clubsnus.

i tried the scruf tranbar..its good reminds me of roda lacket.

only thing i dont like is the flavor fades quickly and im left with a salty bitter taste. im hoping i dont get that with the scruf original

AllCoExPat

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
Elkton, MD
I tried my first Skruf this morning straight out of bed and have to say that I enjoyed it. I got a bigger hit of the bergamont than you mentioned, TV, but not in a bad way at all. It started off very mellow and stayed that way for the better part of an hour. I didn't catch the rose oil in the least, though. Silly tastebuds. :rolleyes:

It's definitely one I will consider stocking as a regular is the rest of the can goes down as smooth as that first portion.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Yeah, Stubby says it's bergamot too. Even the manufacturer. ...I just think you're all mistaken. Can #2 and still no bergamot. Maybe they forgot to dump it in this batch. 8-o...I hope they forget it in those other 20 I ordered.
I may be a mistake but I'm not mistaken.... I think. :D

I do taste the bergamot.. but it's a bit different then the upfront citrus flavor of General or Gotlands yellow. It's more laid back and milder. I notice it most if I've been doing a lot of straight tobacco flavored snus, as in Ettan of Grov, and then do a Skruf. I know you do a lot of Thunder berry and frosted. Perhaps it temporarily burns out your taste so you're not picking up the more subtle flavored bergamot.

That or you may actually be getting a taste for the dreaded bergamot.

Just thinking out loud.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
I don't get very much flavor at all from los. I do however get the nic. I've tried putting it in front on top, and above my canines on top. I'm not sure if I can/should put it further back? As it is I can keep some in for about an hour before it starts to get messy.

Any suggestions?

once the los settles....about 10 minutes or so for me...ill swipe it or poke ir gently every once in awhile.

its not like a portion...you can make love to a portion with your tounge :p:oops::D

with los...you get to first base.....maybe third base if your lucky ;)

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
I know you do a lot of Thunder berry and frosted. Perhaps it temporarily burns out your taste so you're not picking up the more subtle flavored bergamot.

I can live with that...........

That or you may actually be getting a taste for the dreaded bergamot.

8-o

ive had 3 portions of skruf original and i have not yet tasted any bergamot...i taste something along with the tobacco but i dont know what it is.....i dont think its rose oil unless its nothing like a rose sent. tastes good tho...i like it alot

Sounds like you taste the same thing as me. Good stuff. Rose oil doesn't taste or smell like roses, but is lightly sorta sweet in a pastel kinda way.

I don't get very much flavor at all from los. I do however get the nic. I've tried putting it in front on top, and above my canines on top. I'm not sure if I can/should put it further back? As it is I can keep some in for about an hour before it starts to get messy.

Any suggestions?

Well Skrymr, remember that the farther back it goes the quicker the nic is gonna get ya. As far as flavor, I get the most with it just slightly behind the canines, although Skurf is pretty mild in the flavor category. And if it seems to fall apart quickly or easily, pack it a little tighter. I've had some packed tight enough to switch sides after a while, but I prefer 'em to be a little softer to form to my gum easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread