Status
Not open for further replies.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
ok....i picked up a trial can of scoal pouches mint.

it comes with 8 pouches.

upon opening the can..it has an earthy dirt smell with a hint of mint.

it has an unpleasent taste....almost like a dirty gym sock with mint.

that stuff makes my camel snus taste like heaven.

i have not yet ordered from getsnus...i will order today.

for anyone who has tried skoal pouches......is it supposed to have the smell and taste i described...i know taste is subjective...but really?

im hoping and praying that swedish snus is a lot better.

is it some sort of conspiracy for american snus to taste bad so that they big tobacco can convince smokers to stay smoking?

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I think you will not be disappointed with swedish snus. It is like anything else, you just have to find the ones that fit your taste. I don't remember which camel you are using. Is it the mint or regular? If you like mint, you might want to try a can of general mint.

asidrave

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 21, 2009
    New Jersey
    ok...i also bought skoal berry blend pouchs

upon opening the can...it has a very nice berry scent with the earthy dirt undertone.

the berry taste is not really there and faded fairy quickly...about 20 minutes for me

taste is a bit better but not by much...the juices on both skoals is just bad...bearable but bad

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I never tried the mellow but I started with the frost and still have a tin of it. Some people say it is too sweet but I kinda like it. The camel just doesn't seem to pack much of a nic hit for me compared to the swedish snus. The camel has a good shape to the pouch. Most swedish snus in regular portions are more of a fatter rectangular shape. I usually fold the portions in half lengthwise before I put them in. The lab series snus is shaped like the camel. I like the lab 01 for a regular tobacco flavor. I have not tried the lab 02 since the nic content is double I think of the 01. If you like the frost then I would recommend either the general mint regular portion or the mini mint. The minis are smaller and only have 4mg of nic where the regular have 8mg.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
    Nov 18, 2009
    East Coast Gypsy
    If it's just dip in a pouch, then you're dealing with something that has higher carcinogen levels than Swedish snus. From what I can tell (as a total amateur reading this stuff) the TSNAs start out much higher with American dip/chew, they don't just increase over time; whereas snus processing leads to lower TSNA levels. See the data/links I posted here (and the rest of the thread discusses the difference as well). (Note: I did make an error there in calling dip/chew "fire/heat cured", which does not appear to be the case, at least not all of the time.) Bet a couple cans won't hurt ya, especially if they take the edge off and keep the cigs away, but I'd switch to the Swedish snus -- have fun sampling around with it.

Last edited:

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
    Nov 18, 2009
    East Coast Gypsy
    Where have you been madame? It is good to see you again. You are always such a good source of information.
    Aw...I miss it here too. In a drama-free nutshell, it's been a winter that proves Murphy's Law for me. A few cigarettes along the way but I'm maintaining alright. Just hoping the spring brings better.

I agree on the General Mint. The Minis are nice and discreet.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I'm thinking the general mini mints are my fav for now. I have been able to hide them at work, and I even take lunch later because I'm not racing to a smoke break. I'll try the thunder frosted and the catch eucalyptus when they arrive, so that could change.

I was hoping my snuff would arrive today, but it looks like it will be tomorrow.

Last edited:

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    I'm thinking the general mini mints are my fav for now. I have been able to hide them at work, and I even take lunch later because I'm not racing to a smoke break. I'll try the thunder frosted and the catch eucalyptus when they arrive, so that could change.

Would that be the mini's? Thunder Frosted Mini's are packin' a full portion sized amount of nic (8mg). Good stuff, for sure. The full size Thunder Frosted is 16mg portions and normally require a full stomach for first time use :D.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Aw...I miss it here too. In a drama-free nutshell, it's been a winter that proves Murphy's Law for me. A few cigarettes along the way but I'm maintaining alright. Just hoping the spring brings better.

I agree on the General Mint. The Minis are nice and discreet.

I totally understand. It has been a hard winter for me too. I just try really hard to not get down on myself if I have a cigarette or two. I have just recently started trying snuffs but I'm not sure if it's going to be the thing for me or not. I am going to keep trying some more but it's been a little hard on my nose.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Would that be the mini's? Thunder Frosted Mini's are packin' a full portion sized amount of nic (8mg). Good stuff, for sure. The full size Thunder Frosted is 16mg portions and normally require a full stomach for first time use :D.

TV, I've been known to use Skoal when VERY desperate.:p I did order some mini's too (small, for work). This shouldn't be too bad as long as I don't go crazy with them. :w00t:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa

I was hoping my snuff would arrive today, but it:oops: looks like it will be tomorrow.

Hope you got the frosted longs. Tried my first last night and loved the long skinny. Figured tonight I should finish the regular frosted I opened first. After finishing it, I was glad I had 10 cans of the long in waiting. My mouth was actually uncomfortable after I removed the regular. Now I know why I still like popping in a Camel every once in a while .

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa

DON'T SAY THAT TV! Now I'm starting to feel like a veteran. I don't even notice the strength, except for the occasional hickups. :thumbs::thumbs:

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    I totally understand. It has been a hard winter for me too. I just try really hard to not get down on myself if I have a cigarette or two. I have just recently started trying snuffs but I'm not sure if it's going to be the thing for me or not. I am going to keep trying some more but it's been a little hard on my nose.

Scott, think about how many cigarettes you haven't smoked. I don't know how many you used to smoke, but I bet it's a lot less now. :D

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 14, 2009
    The edge of Mayhem
    DON'T SAY THAT TV! Now I'm starting to feel like a veteran. I don't even notice the strength, except for the occasional hickups. :thumbs::thumbs:

8-o....taking the God of Thunder for granted???......blaspheme I say....

Scott, think about how many cigarettes you haven't smoked. I don't know how many you used to smoke, but I bet it's a lot less now. :D

Yep, what he said. You're still on the right track, buddy :).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread