FDA Game changer? - "Relax ... it's a ___ NJOY!" (NJOY to make a non-cigAlike/advanced system with a tank?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
Strongly agree.

As you know, Nate, those of us who have been vaping for a long time (4.5 years in my case) are very familiar with many devices. We all started with cigalikes because nothing else was available at the time "

Yup.
I quit a 40 year, 3+ pack a day habit instantly that way. Shocked the heck out of me. I remember when they started selling juice separately - looked to me like a stupid hassle. I had no interest at all in anything requiring a workbench, fiddling with innards, complications, anything beyond screwing two pieces together. I was in love with those little things. Plug and play. I'd collected about 80 of 'em, many dazzling colors :) when I finally (very reluctantly) started looking at options.
And they were working for people because the stories and testimonials were pouring into the forum then, too. There were all kinds of threads on how to wash cartos and refill 'em once juice was available - I wouldn't even do that. I just chucked 'em. The thing that helped people most was this forum - if anyone had had the nerve to tell us we weren't really vaping because our devices were too skinny we'd have been astonished. It's still a ridiculous and counterproductive distinction.
I was an avid evangelist for my favorite product, too, and my daughter and son- in-law and persons who I encountered in my profession and friends not interested in forum support had more successes than failures - maybe in part because I mentored and buddied up. It took me forever to get my daughter to get an Ego. (She started when I did, and remains contented and cigarette free on an Ego with old fashioned cartos. She vapes one juice; on that I was only successful in getting her to trade an inferior blueberry muffin juice for Ahlusion's superior blueberry muffin juice. I don't get this but hey, she's not smoking. Son-in-law gradually weaned to 0 nic and quit altogether. There are lots of sorts of vapors out there. )

I'm loving all sorts of new things now, I'm still spending, keep it comin'!, and would hate to go back, it's hardly imaginable, but I'm thinking that the research that claims cigalikes don't work comes from the same people who say that about all ecigs.

The problem is that to say that cigalikes probably work more frequently than claimed would seem to side with those who'd like to limit us to them, which isn't remotely acceptable. That's actually why I've hesitated to post my own tale in this context.

To me, it's about saving lives - everything else is tangential. And at this point, simply because things have so radically improved, and ecigs are thus more attractive to so many more people, to go backwards is counter-intuitive in every way.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
She vapes one juice; on that I was only successful in getting her to trade an inferior blueberry muffin juice for Ahlusion's superior blueberry muffin juice.

That's funny! Guess what's in my tank right now? :p

I got a sample a while ago and I'm vaping it as we speak.

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Yup.
I quit a 40 year, 3+ pack a day habit instantly that way. Shocked the heck out of me. I remember when they started selling juice separately - looked to me like a stupid hassle. I had no interest at all in anything requiring a workbench, fiddling with innards, complications, anything beyond screwing two pieces together. I was in love with those little things. Plug and play. I'd collected about 80 of 'em, many dazzling colors :) when I finally (very reluctantly) started looking at options.
And they were working for people because the stories and testimonials were pouring into the forum then, too. There were all kinds of threads on how to wash cartos and refill 'em once juice was available - I wouldn't even do that. I just chucked 'em. The thing that helped people most was this forum - if anyone had had the nerve to tell us we weren't really vaping because our devices were too skinny we'd have been astonished. It's still a ridiculous and counterproductive distinction.
I was an avid evangelist for my favorite product, too, and my daughter and son- in-law and persons who I encountered in my profession and friends not interested in forum support had more successes than failures - maybe in part because I mentored and buddied up. It took me forever to get my daughter to get an Ego. (She started when I did, and remains contented and cigarette free on an Ego with old fashioned cartos. She vapes one juice; on that I was only successful in getting her to trade an inferior blueberry muffin juice for Ahlusion's superior blueberry muffin juice. I don't get this but hey, she's not smoking. Son-in-law gradually weaned to 0 nic and quit altogether. There are lots of sorts of vapors out there. )

I'm loving all sorts of new things now, I'm still spending, keep it comin'!, and would hate to go back, it's hardly imaginable, but I'm thinking that the research that claims cigalikes don't work comes from the same people who say that about all ecigs.

The problem is that to say that cigalikes probably work more frequently than claimed would seem to side with those who'd like to limit us to them, which isn't remotely acceptable. That's actually why I've hesitated to post my own tale in this context.

To me, it's about saving lives - everything else is tangential. And at this point, simply because things have so radically improved, and ecigs are thus more attractive to so many more people, to go backwards is counter-intuitive in every way.

Aubergine -- I also smoked for 40 years and my very first e-cig was a cigalike. I bought 3 and they lasted me 1 day. Went on Youtube and watched a couple of videos. I saw one on e-Gos and purchased one and some of those dual coil cartomizers and some juice from TVR. I quit smoking with those in August of last year. The cigalikes just didn't work for me. I know I read somewhere 80% of smokers that try e-cigs have successfully quit smoking. I think that's a sound number. It could be 100% I believe but not everyone knows about ECF, where I learned about mechanical mods and RDA's.
Happy vaper here. Thnx so much to all that helped me on my vaping journey. I have met some very good people here! :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It could be 100% I believe but not everyone knows about ECF, where I learned about mechanical mods and RDA's.
Happy vaper here. Thnx so much to all that helped me on my vaping journey. I have met some very good people here! :)

Oh yes. ECF!

Like I said before--I'm sure I'd still be smoking if I hadn't found this forum and the wonderful people here who provided knowledge and support and friendship.

Smokey Joe has, single-handedly, saved more lives of smokers than any public health agency I know of and I'll be forever in his debt.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Let's party. For old time's sake. :)

..........;)

As one of our most valuable customers, we know that you enjoy huge savings as much as you love the award-winning flavor of NJOY premium electronic cigarettes.

That's why we've created a special discount for you.

Just for today -- use code 10THIRTY at checkout.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Afterwards we can pick the cartos apart and send HD closeups to darling Katya, and argue about whether it's all burnt to .... or just gunky. :) :) :)

(End of OT, sorry.)

I already did that, Aubs... ;)

I ordered a free sample, some time ago. That's why I'm on their list of "most valuable customers."
smilie_girl_252.gif

Not bad, actually.

Nate760

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
San Marcos, CA, USA
Strongly agree.

As you know, Nate, those of us who have been vaping for a long time (4.5 years in my case) are very familiar with many devices. We all started with cigalikes because nothing else was available at the time. :D Many quit right away, others still struggle and continue to smoke.

My journey started much more recently, and my experience is of much narrower breadth than yours or most others here. Maybe I'm a special and/or unusual case, but I managed to quit smoking in a matter of two days armed with nothing but a Blu starter kit. A month after that I moved on to Green Smoke, and a month after that I moved on to an eGo-CC, which I remain perfectly satisfied with. When I'm driving or otherwise not at home, I still prefer cigalikes, so I load my used Green Smoke cartos up with Halo juice and I'm good to go. I couldn't be happier with my current vaping arrangement, and if anyone wants to look down their nose at me for not being erudite enough, then more power to them. I'll be sure and let 'em know when I start giving a damn.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Heck, I quit smoking with V4L's tres elegant King Diamond and Titan cigalikes, and didn't even venture out into ego-size and refillable tanks until I'd been vaping for nearly a year and a half!

NO ONE should look down on ANYONE for their vape gear of choice -- not even on those poor deluded Provari owners! :laugh: (j/k)

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
My journey started much more recently, and my experience is of much narrower breadth than yours or most others here. Maybe I'm a special and/or unusual case, but I managed to quit smoking in a matter of two days armed with nothing but a Blu starter kit. A month after that I moved on to Green Smoke, and a month after that I moved on to an eGo-CC, which I remain perfectly satisfied with. When I'm driving or otherwise not at home, I still prefer cigalikes, so I load my used Green Smoke cartos up with Halo juice and I'm good to go. I couldn't be happier with my current vaping arrangement, and if anyone wants to look down their nose at me for not being erudite enough, then more power to them. I'll be sure and let 'em know when I start giving a damn.

Hey Nate well said..it's all about whatever works right?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

Nate, I read where Green Smoke has eggplant based nic. Does yours have that?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Human nature, Nate. You know what they say here in California--anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, anyone driving faster than you is a maniac. :D Just read any of the numerous ProVari threads. ;)

I started with Green Smoke, found ECF and quickly moved "up" to V4L. Most of us here in this thread are V4L alumni. Eleanor, Aubergine, Kent--we all met there, years ago. We had a blast quitting smoking and exchanging tips and complaints. I still have a couple of working V4L batteries, and SmokeStik batteries.

BTW, you don't have to buy GS cartos if you don't like their flavors--you can buy blank kr808D-2 cartomizers and fill them with your Halo juices. It's cheaper! I actually liked GS tobacco and mint...

I use my eGos when I'm driving.

Whatever works!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Heck, I quit smoking with V4L's tres elegant King Diamond and Titan cigalikes, and didn't even venture out into ego-size and refillable tanks until I'd been vaping for nearly a year and a half!

NO ONE should look down on ANYONE for their vape gear of choice -- not even on those poor deluded Provari owners! :laugh: (j/k)

Heeeeey...........! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread