• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Florida Hurricane Check-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Dune in front of my place, although much reduced in size by Ian, held:

wL9mr3a.jpg

Dune in front my neighbor's place across the street just to the south of me breached and he's a bit closer to the beach now than he'd really like to be:

srtJ9Te.jpg

No serious damage to either house.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Started the cleanup of the debris from the oaks today, really a mess, but other than the fence in back, no damage, but will take several days to clean up everything. Turned out good for a direct hit IMHO. Could have been a lot worse. And having power when 88% of the county is without, is a Really big plus. :)

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
@Uncle
OK, got your message loud & clear. Been thinking of you
All is well here in N/E Florida. We didn't even lose power, which is a miracle in itself.
Brought all of my freezer meats up to my son's home in St. Augustine and they made room in their deep frreze.
We invariably lose power, but not this time. Now we will be bringing that food back!

Hope everyone fared well. Am very grateful that we did!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Dune in front of my place, although much reduced in size by Ian, held:

wL9mr3a.jpg

Dune in front my neighbor's place across the street just to the south of me breached and he's a bit closer to the beach now than he'd really like to be:

srtJ9Te.jpg

No serious damage to either house.

@Rossum

Hope ya' don't mind or get upset - next Hurricane coming "My" way - I'm going to your house (just need to know where the keys to get in are hinden) . . . Just Sayin' . . .

idontlikethissoillleavebye.gif

.​

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Really getting tired of the storms this year. First the hail storm in April, then Hurricane Ian the end of September, and now we have Nicole heading for us this week. :facepalm:

Current track has it going a little further north of me, and it keeps edging north with each update, would be nicer (but still suck) to be more on the south side than the north side like it was yesterday. never took down the window covers, so good there, but have to go out tomorrow and pick up small stuff out of the yard. Then after do all the cleanup from the crap that is going to get blown out of the oaks in the yard. FEMA still has not picked up debris from Ian, so I will just add to that pile.

Really screws us on spraying as we can't spray lawns when the wend gets over 15mph, which it is now and will continue until at least Thursday night. Hopefully the damage won't be too bad and we can start back to work on Friday. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread