• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Florida Hurricane Check-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Just for @classwife . . . .

593986367_1140x641.jpg

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Just for @classwife . . . .

593986367_1140x641.jpg

We are closed today and tomorrow...maybe Friday
I did go in for a few hours today and got some stuff done in peace.
We are getting some decent gusts of wind and rain already

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@Uncle

I heard it on the news this morning. If your Waffle House is closed, it’s officially too late to get out of town :|

Ah - The thing is there is no "Waffle House" around here, however you know it's officially too late if "You" see "Me" trying to wave down a little girl and her dog toto for a "Lift" . . .

wizard-of-oz-tornado-gif-8.gif

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well still here. The eye passed by last night as a cat 1 just east of me by about 10 miles. Still getting rain and wind from the tail of it, but I checked the rain gauge and we got 6.21" in the last 24 hours. Ditch in front is overflowed and the driveway is 1/2 under water, in over 30 years living here, never seen that. Not seeing a lot of damage, but can't really go out and look yet due to the storm, I did notice the privacy fence in the back is leaning, and lots of debre from the oak trees on the ground.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
It's a new great day around here - clear skies and sun again . . . "Ian" has passed by most of "Us" and while he let many people know he was not to be messed with - he was kind to some others . . . :rolleyes:

On that note: Just spoke with @JCinFLA and she is very much alive ! ! We kept the phone call short, however it was mentioned that "Ian" left a lot of winds and rain when he passed by - Thankfully - damage was limited and nothing major. So far - besides cleaning up the yard and around the house, fixing back fence - The worst thing to happen is no electricity :censored:which is something you get used to when a hurricane goes by here in Florida - that's why she has a generator that she is setting up this morning. Supposed to talk to her more later and if there's any updates I will let everybody know. . . . Just Sayin' . . . :thumbs:

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
THANKFULLY - The area where I live, some wind and rain damage, however nothing major in the apartment complex other then the parking lots and streets around "Us" were flooded, especially during "King Tide" (remember live next to the Intercostal). Personally went to Dialysis earlier then normal on Tuesday, well a lot of people did - place was packed- every chair and machine was in use (heard they finally closed around 9 PM). So I don't see any problems going for my regular 3-4 hour session this afternoon.

Okay - I know I’ve asked about this before,, but I messed up and lost the links to the suggestions some people made. . . I am looking to get a reasonably priced long running battery Inverter to keep in my apartment for selected electronics when we lose power (No generators allowed here) . . . Anyone want to point me in the right direction again ? :facepalm:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
flowersoul was faring ok as of 9am. and promised to update later today :)
:thumbs:

Great - @JCinFLA mentioned when she talked with @Flowersoul a couple days ago, there was no definite plan whether she was going to her son's & DIL or they were coming to stay with her. Either way, can't wait for the update . . . . :blink:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Crazy neighbor who stayed despite the evac order took this pic from our deck a little while ago:

Z2TP9CH.jpg

That's an angry looking ocean. We got a bit of wash-over, but not too bad:

MkIyF5X.jpg

I don't think we'll be needing skid-steer to clean up the yard this time.

High tide has passed, and the winds, currently out of the northeast, should be shifting to the northwest soon, which will start pushing the ocean back out, so I'm hopeful the worst is over for our place.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
@Uncle

I heard it on the news this morning. If your Waffle House is closed, it’s officially too late to get out of town :|
You jest, but FEMA unofficially keeps track of what the Waffle Houses are up to. They have found a correlation between Waffle House closings and damage levels.

Waffle House Index - Wikipedia

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.