• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Florida Hurricane Check-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Atlantic Hurricane season comes every year from June 1 untill November 30 (usually). So it's still hurricane season around here and there looks like another one is coming our way. . . . SO TIME TO CHECK-IN. . .

How you doing?
Are you ready?
Are you safe?
. . . . .

And after the Hurricane passes through . . . .

An "Update" . . .

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
September, 2022 ... "IAN"

So far - So good . . . Prepared as best I can be right now, 6 cases of water, food, and of course a full tank of gas (fluids topped off too).

Today is Dialysis (go every other day), so find out what to do when storms coming/ hits. Also, got Pulminologist to write a prescription for oxygen tanks in case I loose electricity longer then a few days or couple of weeks.

In a day or 2, start filling jugs & pails, tub & sinks with general use water. Pullout portable battery operated fans and lanterns. And finally make sure all power packs and electronics are fully charged.

Well that's it for "Me" for now . . . How about YOU?

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Wow, that’s my son’s name :| We’re expecting out of town guests this next weekend; can’t have nothing nice. In the past, my wife would be at shelter as a DOH nurse and I would just hunker down with the kids.

Since then, we’ve purchased shutter panels that have yet to be used, that gives mixed feelings. In the past, I used to have to pull out the big sheets plywood and get help from my son lining up the holes. The kids are grown up now and live in north Georgia.

So, just now, I turned to my wife and asked what she wanted to do. She replied "You want to leave this time? Why?" lol.
    Time to fill another water jug and set it next to my nic stash :greengrin:.

Uncle, classwife, and everyone else, my prayers are with you and we will get through this.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    At the update all of the social group forums got made invisible...
    I have no idea why it was done this way instead of closing them (as they were to be)

So yes - be prepared and be safe everyone !
    Yea - I noticed . . . It was quite hard to find our group, but finally I did. Hopefully enough other Floridians can find this thread and check-in so we all know people are ready and safe.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    time to hear from and have them check-in . . .
    I'm up north, in PA. Was thinking about heading down this coming weekend, but those plans are up in the air right now. I have someone buttoning up our house tomorrow (Monday). It being storm season, we prepped what we could before we came north just before Labor Day, so there's not really much for her to do except move some potted plants into the garage and lock up the outer "storm door" at the main entrance.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    PS: Here's the latest spaghetti model:

QbgOWHq.jpg

:greengrin:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    PPS: This guy does a video every evening and they are really good:

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    Well through all the changes it looks like Thu-Fri we are likely to be in a tropical storm up here. We are in the Middleburg area just SW of Jax so just right of the “S” on the map. But in case it changes again I’m so glad we got the whole house generator.

There isn’t much we need to do to prep…unless it would be a cat 3 or above. I have 3 hanging plants to take down, my wind chimes and close down the greenhouse. Both cars are gassed up.

Please stay safe everyone.

Attachments

• D9B3AE23-8373-43D9-9637-672531579D05.jpeg
      D9B3AE23-8373-43D9-9637-672531579D05.jpeg
      481.7 KB · Views: 11
    Last edited:

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    @classwife . . .

Know you're probably very busy getting prepared for "Ian", however when you get a chance, would really love to hear how you are doing . . . :wub:

All is as good as can be here.
    Ian seems to be headed a bit South of Tampa for now.
    I sent people at work home about 3:30 today...their anxiety levels were just way too high. Publix announcing they are closing today at 6 didn't help.
    I came home at 4...got the patio cleared off so I don't have to do it when it's wet :lol:

Last I heard it was tracking to have the eye come in between Tampa and Fort Myers.
    Main worry here is that we are already oversaturated and looking at a possible 8-15" of water.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Prepared the best I can. Windows covered, stuff picked up in yard, had the trees trimmed last March, have plenty of food & water, generators tested Sunday, all propane tanks filled, etc. Not really liking that they just said it was 155mph, 2mph from a cat 5, and heading right at us. It is expected to slow to an H before it gets to us, but still keeping fingers crossed. I am about where the red dot on the H is in the picture.

1664365634855.png

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I'm thinking of all you Floridians.

I'm thinking of you guys in FL too.
    Me too. If I prayed I guess I'd be praying a lot right about now. My step mothers mother and two sisters live down there. My dad has a friend that he's known pretty much all his life that lives there too. My dad has reported to me that everybody is safe/has moved to a safer place. My neighbors wife has some family in PR, they turned out safe and sound.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread