Hurricane Fay

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Must have been the collective force of your focused energy that sent Fay south and east of where I live.

Most tropical systems have their worst weather to their northeast and my area was never in that quadrant. Consequently, I never lost electrical power, although 90,000 others did. My yard looks like a parade came through with onlookers tossing pine needle confetti, but other than that, all is well. And I just finished a hot shower -- never want another cold shower (as was the case after Charley) again.

They say Fay will loop and hit Florida's east coast on Thursday. It might even cross the state into the Gulf again. A storm for the record books in sheer weirdness. Instead of weakening over land, Fay strengthened all day (remember, though, that the Everglades, where Fay crossed, is called the River of Grass -- emphasis on river. Fay moved slowly over about six inches of very hot water much of the day! No wonder the storm went from 60 to 65 mph in three hours.

Anyhow, good to be back to normal.

glad to hear it tb (that everythings o.k.)
fay is starting to remind me of hurricane ivan, that crossed florida then went into the atlantic and came back. now they are saying fay could come back and hit us in the panhandle.

90,000 without power eh? hope your good fortune holds up and keep your fingers crossed for us in the panhandle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread