Contest-Ception - The most original ECF competition to date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny818

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
California, USA
www.apolloecigs.com
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]A competition within a competition, which ideally will lead into another competition. This could get exciting!

[/FONT]
How it works: The ECF user with the best competition idea(selected by us) will win whatever prize they mentioned and be entered automatically into the next competition. Your idea should be creative, involve the community,be loved by everyone and ideally lead into another competition, creating the worlds first contest-ception.

House Rules:

1. Keep prizes within the limits to our store. We can't give away a holiday to Hawaii just yet!
2. We have to limit the amount of SS units to 3 as we are running out of stock.
3. When the contest reaches 500 posts or 2 weeks, the winner will be decided and we will roll into the next competition automatically.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Let's begin and good luck![/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Can't wait to get an SS or Vtube kit? We have a 30% discount on right now, making these the cheapest lava tubes in the world.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Coupon code: Vtube30 [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Link: [/FONT]Apollo VTube Kit

Last edited:

Chief Thunder

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2012
Maryland
www.g2vapor.com
I think you should have an extreme vaping contest. What does this entail?
Take a picture of yourself (or have one taken) vaping in the extreme. Extreme could or should loosely be interpreted (vaping while bungy jumping, on an airplane, etc etc,,,,)
1st place - ss vtube
2cd place - chrome vtube
3rd place - reg or vtube
Winners would be decided by ........ Contest creators
Be creative this is easy, only 2 picture submitions per person.

Last edited:

sunny818

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
California, USA
www.apolloecigs.com
FYI---Contests decided by people "Liking" Posts never go well..there is always conflict...and usually bad feelings generated. Random generator or Contests decided by the Host's Opinion are usually the way to go. Just my :2c:

Noted and changed, thanks for the info!

kritter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
western north carolina
FYI---Contests decided by people "Liking" Posts never go well..there is always conflict...and usually bad feelings generated. Random generator or Contests decided by the Host's Opinion are usually the way to go. Just my :2c:

AMEN and AMEN----can I get a AMEN!!!
not ta mention it devides tha ecf community and people start gittin thar shootin arns out!!! An throwin rottin maters at one nuther!!

Last edited:

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Okay: First idea.

Contest goes to 1000 posts.
Random number generator picks winner(s).
The contest will include two questions. One for folks who already have a apollo and love it.
The other will be for folks who want it.

The questions:
Why do you like/love you Apollo V-tube? (Example: I love my apollo v-tube because it works like it should. I love the v-tube because it will last me 2 days before I have to change out the battery. )
Why do you want to win a Apollo V-tube? (Example: I keep reading positive reviews of the Apollo brand. I really would like to try one.)

That is it! Plain and simple.

Oh, and for fun one can limit to 1 or two posting for the contest.

inter_ceptor00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Minor Details
okay: So trying to wrap my mind around the contest-ception idea... First layer: People given a certain time frame (1 week maybe) to take and pick one picture of them vaping "in real life", top 25 move on. Second Layer: Those 25 have another week to take and pick one pic of them vaping "inception" style, creativity being the top measure of quality. Photoshop, props, costumes, stick-person drawings. Keep it open so more people can get involved. This ends the first contest. Then the fun begins...next contest: people have a week to submit a pic of them vaping "inception" style but based on the pic that won in the previous contest. Incorporate it into their newest submission in some form to keep up the dream within a dream concept. Feel free to add and modify.

IronHorse

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2012
Oregon
www.stratomyst.com
Another thing to remember folks is that a contest shouldn't be too complicated and convoluted...the easier it is to enter..the more people will...K.I.S.S Keep It Simple ..and you the rest...LOL.
If it's going to be a big Dog and Pony Show people won't want to invest alot of time into it...lots of people work(except me...but not by choice)..and don't have the extra time to participate in big events.
That being said...I think an online Scavenger Hunt would be awesome. A list from the Host of items to post!!!!
Pics and links...you name it...simple. Best entries chosen by the host..and a random number generator used to determine overall winner. Photo Details This thing is gorgeous!!!

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
OK, here's my idea:

Take a picture (or an avatar) and cover it up, then have rounds (every couple of hours, once a day, whatever time frame you choose) where a little bit is revealed. Each person gets ONE guess per round, and the first person to guess it correctly wins! The prizes would be as follows:

Grand Prize (person who guesses correctly first) = SS VTube
Random Drawing = A $25 gift certificate to a randomly selected poster.

If the contest takes quite a few rounds (and ideally it SHOULD take 5-8 rounds) then you could add a second random drawing for a second $25 gift certificate (if there's 50 guessers each round and say 5 rounds, that's means the drawing for the 2 gc's would be from 250 posts, pretty good odds for all those who play each round and still decent odds for anyone who misses a round or two).

Here's a sample of what the pictures would look like:
Round 1 (Start):
HiddenPicture.jpg

Round 2:
HiddenPicture1.jpg

Obviously the amount of the picture revealed each round could be increased/decreased depending upon the picture.

[NOTE: If you'd like someone to make the pictures for you, I would certainly be willing to]

priorities

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
wherever my daydreams take me
oh!! I'm loving this idea!! Great one Mike! Have a great day all.......!!
animated.gif

OK, here's my idea:

Take a picture (or an avatar) and cover it up, then have rounds (every couple of hours, once a day, whatever time frame you choose) where a little bit is revealed. Each person gets ONE guess per round, and the first person to guess it correctly wins! The prizes would be as follows:

Grand Prize (person who guesses correctly first) = SS VTube
Random Drawing = A $25 gift certificate to a randomly selected poster.

If the contest takes quite a few rounds (and ideally it SHOULD take 5-8 rounds) then you could add a second random drawing for a second $25 gift certificate (if there's 50 guessers each round and say 5 rounds, that's means the drawing for the 2 gc's would be from 250 posts, pretty good odds for all those who play each round and still decent odds for anyone who misses a round or two).

Here's a sample of what the pictures would look like:
Round 1 (Start):
HiddenPicture.jpg

Round 2:
HiddenPicture1.jpg

Obviously the amount of the picture revealed each round could be increased/decreased depending upon the picture.

[NOTE: If you'd like someone to make the pictures for you, I would certainly be willing to]

priorities

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
wherever my daydreams take me
Ha..((hugs))) Redd..but boy o boy hon!!! They'll have to watch this awfully close !! just saying...sweet pea! love ya...*
animated.gif

ok my idea
what would u do for a Klondike bar:D
it can be a pic or what ever u like it to be!
(one of these days some one will pick this idea:laugh::laugh::laugh:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread