Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Hi :cool:
    which one would be better for vaping (1 battery only ) lets say in range 45-90W (sub-ohm around 0,14 - 0,30)

Li-Ion Panasonic NCR-18650B 3400mAh​

or​

MOLI INR18650-P28A 2800mAh Li-ION 3,6V​

these two have simillar price in my country so i thought i should ask you guys because im a beginner
    or maybe there is something even better in europe :vapor:
    You want the highest amp rating, which would be the MOLI. The Panasonic is not meant for high watts.

Here's a link to a chart for you to see the difference.

Reactions: Elrafau

Elrafau

Feb 6, 2024
    Please check back for more accurate information. Are you using a regulated or mechanical system?
    Im using Aegis Solo 2 S100 with Smok TFV9 At the moment but i thought of buying "HellVape Dead Rabbit v3 RTA"(i heard from someone online that the flavour is very good) or maybe "Voopoo Force L-tank"- because i watched some guy on youtube that said it was the "best flavour atomizer" ( ) but my knowlage is small so maybe you'll propose something

Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    ...but my knowlage is small so maybe you'll propose something

Just making sure you're not starting out on a mech mod with those requirements. The Aegis Solo will do a good job regulating your vape without danger. Though, I'm not sure you're going to get to 90 watts on a 0.15 ohm build. Others might post here to say whether it's possible or not.

I, myself, vape at 9 watts with a 1.0 ohm build, so I can get away with just about any battery.

Good luck.

Reactions: Elrafau

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Hi :cool:
    which one would be better for vaping (1 battery only ) lets say in range 45-90W (sub-ohm around 0,14 - 0,30)

Li-Ion Panasonic NCR-18650B 3400mAh​

or​

MOLI INR18650-P28A 2800mAh Li-ION 3,6V​

That Panasonic's only a 5 amp battery yo. That battery's good only for very low power vaping (aka tootle puffers) <12 watts.

At 45W you're pulling 16 amps on a regulated mod!

At 90W your pulling 31 amps on a regulated mod! So IMHO even with the Molicel P28a you're taxing the battery too much.

At 45W you need to use a battery with an actual 20 amp rating or higher (so the P28a will do).

But at 90W you should be using (IMHO) a dual battery mod. I say this because I believe it will lengthen the life of your batteries and your mod (but some will disagree).

This amp draw calculator is a helpful tool.

So are Mooches battery test posts, to get an idea of more realistic amp limits of these battereis...

18650 Tests Part 1 of 2

18650 Tests Part 2 of 2

21700 (and other sizes) Tests

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread