iPV Mini 2 Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostin215

Mar 9, 2015
Hey Vets,

I'm buying the ipv Mini 2 but I'm having trouble with what type of battery I should buy for it. I've been reading on threads here that I shouldn't buy Li-ion batteries for regulated mods.

I wanted to buy the Panasonic NCR18650B 3400 mAh protected, but I've read that I should not use Li-ion protected batteries for regulated mods. Forums state that I should buy IMR or Hybrid batteries that are High Drain.

Doing some research I found the Panasonic High Drain 18650 2900mAh NCR18650PF Hybrid Li-ion. This is 500mAh less than the NCR but it's a hybrid and unprotected. Would this be a better choice?

Can you help me in giving me the right information on what kind of battery I should be using?

Thanks in advance!

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
The Panasonic NCR18650PF may not have the extra protection circuit but, it is a safe chemistry battery. This Blog may help you to understand a little more http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eper-understanding-mod-batteries-part-ii.html

Another good choice would be the Samsung battery listed here 18650 Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh High Discharge FLAT Top

Be sure to buy from a reputable vendor as there are many fakes out there.

Also, many times the mah rating is inflated and are not actually as claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread