Which 18650 battery is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I don't have a bottom button mod only a justgg so I hadn't noticed the slight extended bottom. Don't buttom fire mods have adjustments on the fire pin?

As far as I know, the chi you clone has adjustments on the fire pin so that should not be a problem but still need a wrapper on the negative side as it gets short circuit.

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
any way sorry op for getting your thread off track. Point should be noted that if you are using a mech mod I would use something higher then 10a something like 25a or 30a just for safety.

No its all good. It has given me lots of information. Really, there is no harm on getting more and at a very reasonable price. Also, so many pledges have given me the confidence in my buy. Thanks to everyone for their input.

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I shim button throw to my liking. If I only had sony then great. I have a few brands of batts and all are flat bottom except sony. I only noticed because I tune to a short 1 mm throw. When I don the Sony it is like a touch switch. No biggie though.

Some noted autofire issue with sony in their mod,

Thats why I am going for Sony and Panasonic both and see what is best for my mod. That is when I get the mod as its been about 20 days and havent received it yet :(

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I've had great luck with the panasonic cgr. They work well on mechs as well as regulated devices. I just ordered some 30amp purple efests, to compare against the panisonic and to do some sub-ohm vaping.

Thank you for the information. Let me know how they go.

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I got these for my ProVari/VTR. No sub ohm here though.
CGR18650CH IMR Hybrid 2250mAh Panasonic CGR18650CH 18650 With Button Top High Drain Battery Cell 3.7V Li-Mn-Li-ion
They were from Orbtronics. They have been great. Charge lasts a long time. I don't know what the best is, but I am happy with these.

Yeah from what I have seen orbotronics has been a good and responsible vendor.

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Excellent.
Wish someone would battle Samsung 20R vs Sony 30A vtc4; or else I may be tempted to buy the Sony and conduct the battle. I'm trying to qualify for the "I Got Nothing Coming In the Mail" club.

Do others Sony 30A vtc4 have completely flat metal bottoms w/o the approx 0.5mm hump?

Pic of the Sony 30A vtc4 hump that I don't prefer:

I think that should be ok for my mod as long as the sides and little base from the ends are covered.

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
the pics of those batteries are from vtc3s

UUPbsL6l.jpg

here's a picture of the bottom of mine

Sorry the picture is not that clear but it seems that vtc3 does nto have a bump but vtc4 does have a little bump on the negative side, according to the picture posted earlier.

alkaiser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Orange County, CA
www.sjchon.com
Sorry the picture is not that clear but it seems that vtc3 does nto have a bump but vtc4 does have a little bump on the negative side, according to the picture posted earlier.

the picture with the multiple batteries (the ones with the bump) are incorrectly labeled as vtc4

i'm sorry my picture is unclear, but there definitely is no bump

Jerryo100

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Hamlet, NC
Hi,

I'm ordering some High Drain 18650 2900mAh Hybrid IMR Li-ion Rechargeable Battery (Panasonic NCR18650PF inside) from Orbtronic to replace our aging CGR18650CH batteries for use in our Provar's and other regulated mods. They are kinda pricey but the extra mah's are worth it to me. While at the Orbtronic site I saw these: Ultra High Drain 22 Amp 18650 Orbtronic SX22 and Hybrid IMR 18650 30A Orbtronic SX30.

On my mechs I usually vape at around 0.7 ohms which is still under 10A but under load I loose about 0.5 volts with the CGR18650CH's and even worse with E-fest imr's. Does anyone know if the voltage drop under load would be less using the SX22 or SX30 batteries?

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hi,

I'm ordering some High Drain 18650 2900mAh Hybrid IMR Li-ion Rechargeable Battery (Panasonic NCR18650PF inside) from Orbtronic to replace our aging CGR18650CH batteries for use in our Provar's and other regulated mods. They are kinda pricey but the extra mah's are worth it to me. While at the Orbtronic site I saw these: Ultra High Drain 22 Amp 18650 Orbtronic SX22 and Hybrid IMR 18650 30A Orbtronic SX30.

On my mechs I usually vape at around 0.7 ohms which is still under 10A but under load I loose about 0.5 volts with the CGR18650CH's and even worse with E-fest imr's. Does anyone know if the voltage drop under load would be less using the SX22 or SX30 batteries?

I have ordered 2 sony 30A and one panny PF from trianglevape. I think that SX30 should be better because first off newer technology and also they are made to take more load. Usually what I have heard is that cells rated at 10A usually go at about 3 to 4A so i am hoping that with 30A you should at least get 12 to 15A without a lot of stress on the batteries.

Jerryo100

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Hamlet, NC
I have ordered 2 sony 30A and one panny PF from trianglevape. I think that SX30 should be better because first off newer technology and also they are made to take more load. Usually what I have heard is that cells rated at 10A usually go at about 3 to 4A so i am hoping that with 30A you should at least get 12 to 15A without a lot of stress on the batteries.

Thanks,
I've read the same thing a few times about CGR18650CH's having a useful amp limit of around 4A which is fine for the regulated mods I own, but after 2 years of use they're only lasting around 6 hours now and pretty useless in my mechs. Ordered 2 SX30s and 4 Orbtronic 2900mAh Hybrid IMRs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread