Which 18650 battery is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I don't have a bottom button mod only a justgg so I hadn't noticed the slight extended bottom. Don't buttom fire mods have adjustments on the fire pin?

I shim button throw to my liking. If I only had sony then great. I have a few brands of batts and all are flat bottom except sony. I only noticed because I tune to a short 1 mm throw. When I don the Sony it is like a touch switch. No biggie though.

Some noted autofire issue with sony in their mod,

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I've had great luck with the panasonic cgr. They work well on mechs as well as regulated devices. I just ordered some 30amp purple efests, to compare against the panisonic and to do some sub-ohm vaping.

Does the shrink wrap extend onto the bottom of your panasonic CGR?

Vella owner's may wan't to know.

macpeace

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
OK • SOONER
I got these for my ProVari/VTR. No sub ohm here though.
CGR18650CH IMR Hybrid 2250mAh Panasonic CGR18650CH 18650 With Button Top High Drain Battery Cell 3.7V Li-Mn-Li-ion
They were from Orbtronics. They have been great. Charge lasts a long time. I don't know what the best is, but I am happy with these.

Last edited:

alkaiser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Orange County, CA
www.sjchon.com
Flat top and flat bottom 20R has shrink wrap extended onto bottom and has a flat bottom making it compatible w/ every mod I have.

Sony has extended bottom which reduces switch throw in my mods. When sporting 3 brands of 18350 and 18650-20R my mods have 1 mm throw; perfect for me. When I use sony, switch throw is only 0.5 mm; not end of world but I prefer flat bottom batts. Sony also has some wrap on neg end; good thing.

Some batts, like some Panasonics, have no shrink wrap on negative end making in incompatible w/ some popular mods.

the new vtc4 sonys do not have an extended bottom

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
the new vtc4 sonys do not have an extended bottom

Excellent.
Wish someone would battle Samsung 20R vs Sony 30A vtc4; or else I may be tempted to buy the Sony and conduct the battle. I'm trying to qualify for the "I Got Nothing Coming In the Mail" club.

Do others Sony 30A vtc4 have completely flat metal bottoms w/o the approx 0.5mm hump?

Pic of the Sony 30A vtc4 hump that I don't prefer:

Attachments

• vtc4 junk.jpg
    vtc4 junk.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

alkaiser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2013
Orange County, CA
www.sjchon.com
Excellent.
Wish someone would battle Samsung 20R vs Sony 30A vtc4; or else I may be tempted to buy the Sony and conduct the battle. I'm trying to qualify for the "I Got Nothing Coming In the Mail" club.

Do others Sony 30A vtc4 have completely flat metal bottoms w/o the approx 0.5mm hump?

Pic of the Sony 30A vtc4 hump that I don't prefer:
the pics of those batteries are from vtc3s

UUPbsL6l.jpg

here's a picture of the bottom of mine

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Has the flashlight community battled Sony 30A vs Samsung INR-18650-20R yet?

The Samsung 20R is still the heavy weight champion far as I know.

Can't help got many votes and vows for Sony. May be try Samsung next time. Would be nice to see a comparison between two though :)

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
About same price as Samsung 20R.

My 20R beats my Sony 10A from 2.12 amps to 8 amps. 20R likely beats Sony 10A well below 2 amp. My Sony 30A was rejected by HKP else I would battle 20R vs Sony 30A.

Samsung 20R out performs other batts in the comparator also:
Battery test-review 18650 comparator

But I thought the others are recommending Sony 30A one.

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
well I haven't used the sony or Samsung just the efest 30a which works great. I just ordered the new 2100 mah efest 30a which as I understand is the sony. Just bought 2 today for $9 each a few bucks more but since the new purple efest just came out I know its fresh batteries.

Good to know. This means that at 7$ getting Sony is a good deal.

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
At 1.2 ohms you will only be pushing 3 amps at 3.7v, anyway. At 1.8 ohms the current draw is 2 amps. You'll be safe with either atomizer and getting great vapes. I'm using 1.8 Kanger heads on my Provari now, although the built-in resistance check shows 1.9 and 2.0 ohms under load. My AW 18650 lMR 2000mah batts are doing that with no discernible heat rise.

Thats what I am thinking as well. But to be honest I am just starting and who knows I may go for sub-ohm. At least I will have the ammo to do that. :)

umarbutt610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Flat top and flat bottom 20R has shrink wrap extended onto bottom and has a flat bottom making it compatible w/ every mod I have.

Sony has extended bottom which reduces switch throw in my mods. When sporting 3 brands of 18350 and 18650-20R my mods have 1 mm throw; perfect for me. When I use sony, switch throw is only 0.5 mm; not end of world but I prefer flat bottom batts. Sony also has some wrap on neg end; good thing.

Some batts, like some Panasonics, have no shrink wrap on negative end making in incompatible w/ some popular mods.

Thank you for the information. Having a wrap is important to me as I have ordered a chi you clone from fasttech and heard that it gets short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread