Children Vaping is a Parenting Issue, NOT a Government Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
There's ample precedent going back to the founding, that we can restrict substances. The Constitution delineates certain human rights, and we have them, yes, but that doesn't mean SELLING flavored vapes is legal. That same constitution allows the fed and/or the states to regulate commerce.

Of course, you can flavor your own at your own risk, and probably will unless you choose to vape unflavored. Nobody will bust you for having flavored juice.

What might be more interesting in this case is the restriction that they all be tobacco flavored. THAT might be an infringement if they don't allow unflavored juice to be sold. Who are they to mandate only "one" flavor? Particularly since it's not well defined.

There is no inherent right to flavored juice SALES. Unfortunately.

All my best understanding and :2c:

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
The reality is we sat back and let it happen. One liberty at a time we sat around thinking "meh, it don't affect me who cares?"
It was somebody elses problem somewhere else as we said "participation trophies?" but never attended school board meetings saying "hell no, not in my town". When super sized sodas were outlawed by Doomberg flyover country yawned and said "sucks to be them". Meanwhile we fell for the rhetoric that without a college education our kids will never succeed. So our kids became indoctrinated by leftists while we enjoyed that nice house in the suburbs that was now more spacious with little Janey off at college.

And the final nail in the coffin was this. Our Congress has a 10% approval rate, but Congress people enjoy a 90% re-election rate.

Now before pushing the red X take note I do not say this about anybody in particular, but at a collective society who actually fall for the crap our elected officials throw our way "for the children". I have to train those brain dead little twirps at work knowing some day one of them will probably be my boss. One thing they do have going for them is unlike us in high school who smoked cigarettes, mommys little monsters were vaping. lol

Desert Fox

May 9, 2016
The reality is we sat back and let it happen. One liberty at a time we sat around thinking "meh, it don't affect me who cares?"
It was somebody elses problem somewhere else as we said "participation trophies?" but never attended school board meetings saying "hell no, not in my town". When super sized sodas were outlawed by Doomberg flyover country yawned and said "sucks to be them". Meanwhile we fell for the rhetoric that without a college education our kids will never succeed. So our kids became indoctrinated by leftists while we enjoyed that nice house in the suburbs that was now more spacious with little Janey off at college.

And the final nail in the coffin was this. Our Congress has a 10% approval rate, but Congress people enjoy a 90% re-election rate.

Now before pushing the red X take note I do not say this about anybody in particular, but at a collective society who actually fall for the crap our elected officials throw our way "for the children". I have to train those brain dead little twirps at work knowing some day one of them will probably be my boss. One thing they do have going for them is unlike us in high school who smoked cigarettes, mommys little monsters were vaping. lol

The 9 most terrifying words in the English language, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thinking back to when I was a teen and underage and rebelling - I smoked. And I got hooked on smoking. 26 years later, I finally quit smoking, as soon as I started vaping.

I would much rather have today's underage rebelling teens vaping, instead of smoking like I did. We all know vaping is 95% safer than smoking.

teenrates.jpg

From Adolescents and Tobacco: Trends

To me, this huge downturn in kids smoking is a big twin

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Yes! This thread has taken off... good stuff (just assume I hit "agree" and "like for every post... sorry, I just don't bother with that)
    AngeNZ, that's a great chart... haven't seen it before ("informative")
    There was a story (or video) where they did a sting op (not official... nobody got in trouble) and every vape shop passed with flying colors... required ID every time. Alternately, almost every gas station/convenience store failed. That's half the problem. So who gets punished the most from a flavor ban? B & M vape shops (the good guys) And who benefits the most? Lousy gas station sales of closed system devices with so called "tobacco" flavor. OK, carry on... plenty more to talk about :thumb:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    Well, the Earth doesn't need THEM, but they need it. And if you're thinking "Lost in Space" the "Daring space captive" had to endure a lot. She's back though, and is now doing Hallmark movies among other things....and who knows what she brought back with her?

If you're thinking "none" well....sad.

Reactions: Skeebo

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Oh hahaha that is gold!
    Give the credit to smacuser for mentioning it... I just found the video.
    The issue of requiring an ID to purchase is very important. If a large scale operation was done, I suspect it would show that most B & M vape shops would shine, while most C-stores would fail. Maybe even a way to only issue a warning for shops/stores that get caught to keep it simple and not have to go through the rest of the process of prosecuting (the goal would be to build statistics that, in the end, could save the vape shops)

• Useful
    Reactions: Pigs

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    New Jersey, USA
    www.whichgun.com
    The issue of requiring an ID to purchase is very important. If a large scale operation was done, I suspect it would show that most B & M vape shops would shine, while most C-stores would fail.

Nearly all of the vape shops near me didn't even let minors on the premises, even before New Jersey enacted age restrictions on e-cigs. They could have sold to kids, but refused to do so. So much for the "evil vaping industry" BS....

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    The issue of requiring an ID to purchase is very important. If a large scale operation was done, I suspect it would show that most B & M vape shops would shine, while most C-stores would fail.
    I believe most B&M vape shops would indeed shine, primarily by displaying good judgement, i.e. carding people who look 20-something (or younger) but not harassing anyone who is obviously middle-aged (or older). I started vaping at age 54 and have never once been carded in a B&M vape shop.

Heck, even the liquor stores here in Pennsylvania (that are run by the state government!) give their employees the discretion to exercise reasonable judgement. I've never been carded in one of those either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread