Not open for further replies.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
The Calix v2 is almost ready!
As we mentioned it will have Plexiglas tubes with different colors, new designs for the Caged sleeve (quartz), side air flow with adjustment from mouth draws to direct lung draws, an SS sleeve and a nano kit. A P3 base is also getting ready.
Here is a pic of the prototype with the Plexiglas tube :)
IMG_20151217_160745.jpg

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
A huge shout out and thank you to @Billie-cig, I received my Calix V2 Nano today that I won on Billie's monthly give-away thread. Thank you Billie!

So it's only fair that I take time out to share some photos and thoughts on the Nano version for you all. I must admit to everybody that I'm a very big fan of nano atomizers and own quite a few. I have an Erlkonigin nano kit, a Mark Bugs Gem (which is about nano sized), a Gus Phenomenon Lite, and I've thrown nano kits on my authentic kayfun Lites as well.

This is a much better looking atomizer when you get it in your hands. It is beautifully machined with smooth threading on the chamber. Personally, I like the absence of logo-branding on the atomizer itself and putting it on the chamber to be seen through you liquid is a very classy touch. Billie was kind enough to send me the P3 threaded edition of the Calix Nano when I asked him.

I tried the upside down coiling method and pushed the coil to about even with the top of the mounting blocks as seemed to be the best way to get a little height above the air hole. Attaching the coil was very easy, with large capture screws that grabbed the wires without any problems.
LYvj9dK.jpg

It was difficult to get a pretty micro coil with the legs facing down, but it's good enough for me. This is 28g Kanthal about eight turns on a 5/64 drill bit, came out to 1.7 ohms - my sweet spot.

ATUpbZ6.jpg

Most people seemed to have better success with the direct wicking method, where the tails of your cotton wick are placed directly behind the juice holes. I followed @qorax's method and cut the tails of wick about even with the edge of the atty, and gentled stuffed them behind the juice openings. I'm using organic Japanese cotton. This was one of the easiest atomizers to wick that I own. Quick and simple. Kayfun simple, folks.

PbPCUoZ.jpg

I dabbed a little juice on the wick and put everything back together, remembering to close the chimney completely before filling. Filling was easy and convenient, just squeezed the juice from my tipped squeeze bottle and screwed on the top. No need to fiddle with turning it upside down and get a vacuum going (so far anyway). I opened the chamber one full turn after I attached the top and drip tip by turning the drip tip. Very easy to do with the logo on the chamber you can easily mark how far you have turned the juice control.

RWQKWVj.jpg

I had to close the airflow way down, nearly all the way closed, as the Calix has a huge air hole on the side and great potential for all you out there who love a non-restrictive airflow. I like the mouth-to-lung hits and have no problems with the Erlkonigin or Gem, but the Calix is blessed with the ability to deliver a lot more air if that's your preference.

W1EQJ1e.jpg

Flavor wise, this is only my first tank, but I can easily put the Calix on the list with my most flavorful atomizers. I don't say that lightly either, or just because I won this in a giveaway. I love high end vaping gear, and I don't hesitate to put out the money for a top quality piece of gear, so I have a bit of a background from which I'm making this claim. The Calix is really easy to build on, easy to wick correctly, and delivers flavor as good as just about any atomizer I own. With it's massive airflow, big clouds are an option for those of you who are into that sorta thing.

When it comes right down to it, I find myself turning to the atomizers that I can build quickly and without struggle and fill with out creating a mess all over my desk or my fingers. I look to those atomizers that are simple to take apart and put back together after cleaning, because I change flavors after nearly every tank (that's one of the down sides to DIY - you always have about 20 flavors in rotation that are your favorites or ready for testing). The Calix is stupid simple to build and put together, a well thought out design and execution. I can see myself coming back to this one pretty easily.

All in all, I can recommend the Calix V2 very highly for anybody out there on the fence about these. It is a solidly built piece of gear, with great looks and a lot of options for you to personalize with cages, tanks, tips and the like. It sits squarely in the middle of the high end RTA market in terms of price yet it performs as well as its pricier counterparts.

I will definitely be looking into Pico version and the full size version, but I wouldn't discount the possibility of another nano in my future either. I love nanos, and this one is truly fantastic. :thumbs:

Last edited:

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I
Please don't take my silence as a lack of gratitude.
I am still at a loss for the right words to say about this awesome display of generosity.
This type of thing is what makes us, as a vape family, worth fighting for.
I cannot recall EVER pooling money to get a friend a pack of smokes...and I never once felt as much connection with strangers, over a cigarette.
So, for the sake of sounding like a broken record...THANK YOU.

The people I've met on the ECF have been some of the best people I've had the pleasure of conversing with.

I have always said that, "I met the nicest people at the ashtrays." I really mean that and some of the people I met at the ashtrays became great long time friends. I have found much the same thing about the people on the forum. The ones who regularly contribute. I think it may have something to do with the general personality of a (smoker) now vapers. They are generally outgoing and easy to talk to, have a fairly good attitude about life, generally 'smart' and resourceful, and many times have a great sense of humor, are not quick to judge others (probably because we know how it feels to be judged with out cause) :). At intermissions at a play while out smoking, or at a sporting event when going to the smoker's (corral) or just when shopping and taking a smoke break--I always found fun interesting people to talk to and most always had interesting conversations. Most of the time i sensed 'generous' hearts as well. Generosity really doesn't have anything to do with how much money you have or don't have--it is an attitude that is readily visible to others :).

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
How do you guys' rate PBusardo's review of the V2?
I know I shouldn't say anything about the review, but we love what we do very much to not do so. And
I am very sorry if I offend anyone with my opinion ( and the long text :) ).
I can go past everything about the liquid control, air flow control, the flavor, the top filling port and pretty much everything that was said in the review as personal point of view. Even if it has to be within the limits of reason.
What buffled me is the promotion of the chinese starter kits in a review of another product and the clear avoidance of mentioning and most importantly explaining the materials used to create the Calix v2. People look these videos to learn and since the whole vaping concept is to improve our health, that should be one of the first things to be mentioned.
I am not spamming about SS304L which is the only safe and FDA approved metal for use in food-drinking-vaping apparatus because I have an ulterior motive. It is a lot easier for us to use softer, cheaper metals that need a LOT LESS machining time and assembly, which will also lead to a much cheaper finished product which would sell a lot better, because of the hursh economic state in the whole world. But, to us at least, it's like slowly poisoning people to get more money. Molibdenum, anthrax, and large consentrations of nickel in metals(each individual metal has more and different kinds of concentrations as well) used for vaping is not a "mild" matter.
It's always nice to have you here Q, of course. I don't even have to stress any point. I just send something and you know exactly what is important.
I am sorry for the long post :)
P.S. For those who have the P3 base, you don't need to turn the base to put the Calix v2 on the Radius/P3. As mentioned at our site, you just have to thread the base first and then the SS cup in, so it will stay at the perfect spot (of course you don't need to do it everytime, just the first time). We did it, so it doesn't press the pin of the mod, because we know what happens with aggresive pins on there.

Last edited:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
What, whaaat, WHAAAAAT?
I am testing the Calix Pico. It's 30mm tall ( HUGE :D ) with 2ml liquid capacity. And it will come with a solid pin, airflow still from below so no more vaporization residues on the pin. That's a nano next to it on the Radius :)
You asked for the v1 short base back, so we did it with a twist! (and improvements)
IMG_20160329_232258.jpg

Last edited:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Happy New Year Billie!!!

Happy New Year, ByLeo family!!!

Hey Billie...do you think there will be a Calix Mini? Maybe 2.5ml capacity, and/or about 1/2-3/4 the height?
Man, the possibilities for the Calix are endless!!!!
This is an amazing RTA!!!
And I don't even own one yet!!!
Happy new year!
Yes we will make a nano kit soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread