Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
How do you guys' rate PBusardo's review of the V2?
I know I shouldn't say anything about the review, but we love what we do very much to not do so. And
I am very sorry if I offend anyone with my opinion ( and the long text :) ).
I can go past everything about the liquid control, air flow control, the flavor, the top filling port and pretty much everything that was said in the review as personal point of view. Even if it has to be within the limits of reason.
What buffled me is the promotion of the chinese starter kits in a review of another product and the clear avoidance of mentioning and most importantly explaining the materials used to create the Calix v2. People look these videos to learn and since the whole vaping concept is to improve our health, that should be one of the first things to be mentioned.
I am not spamming about SS304L which is the only safe and FDA approved metal for use in food-drinking-vaping apparatus because I have an ulterior motive. It is a lot easier for us to use softer, cheaper metals that need a LOT LESS machining time and assembly, which will also lead to a much cheaper finished product which would sell a lot better, because of the hursh economic state in the whole world. But, to us at least, it's like slowly poisoning people to get more money. Molibdenum, anthrax, and large consentrations of nickel in metals(each individual metal has more and different kinds of concentrations as well) used for vaping is not a "mild" matter.
It's always nice to have you here Q, of course. I don't even have to stress any point. I just send something and you know exactly what is important.
I am sorry for the long post :)
P.S. For those who have the P3 base, you don't need to turn the base to put the Calix v2 on the Radius/P3. As mentioned at our site, you just have to thread the base first and then the SS cup in, so it will stay at the perfect spot (of course you don't need to do it everytime, just the first time). We did it, so it doesn't press the pin of the mod, because we know what happens with aggresive pins on there.

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I know I shouldn't say anything about the review, but we love what we do very much to not do so. And
I am very sorry if I offend anyone with my opinion ( and the long text :) ).
I can go past everything about the liquid control, air flow control, the flavor, the top filling port and pretty much everything that was said in the review as personal point of view. Even if it has to be within the limits of reason.
What buffled me is the promotion of the chinese starter kits in a review of another product and the clear avoidance of mentioning and most importantly explaining the materials used to create the Calix v2. People look these videos to learn and since the whole vaping concept is to improve our health, that should be one of the first things to be mentioned.
I am not spamming about SS304L which is the only safe and FDA approved metal for use in food-drinking-vaping apparatus because I have an ulterior motive. It is a lot easier for us to use softer, cheaper metals that need a LOT LESS machining time and assembly, which will also lead to a much cheaper finished product which would sell a lot better, because of the hursh economic state in the whole world. But, to us at least, it's like slowly poisoning people to get more money. Molibdenujm, anthrax, and large consentrations of nickel in metals(each individual metal has more and different kind of concentrations as well) used for vaping is not a "mild" matter.
It's always nice to have you here Q, of course. I don't even have to stress any point. I just send something and you know exactly what is important.
I am sorry for the long post :)
Yabsolutely agreed. And yes, I noticed that angle as well. Like minds think alike eh Billy!

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
What, whaaat, WHAAAAAT?
I am testing the Calix Pico. It's 30mm tall ( HUGE :D ) with 2ml liquid capacity. And it will come with a solid pin, airflow still from below so no more vaporization residues on the pin. That's a nano next to it on the Radius :)
You asked for the v1 short base back, so we did it with a twist! (and improvements)
IMG_20160329_232258.jpg

Last edited:
P.S. For those who have the P3 base, you don't need to turn the base to put the Calix v2 on the Radius/P3. As mentioned at our site, you just have to thread the base first and then the SS cup in, so it will stay at the perfect spot (of course you don't need to do it everytime, just the first time). We did it, so it doesn't press the pin of the mod, because we know what happens with aggresive pins on there.

That was the first thing i figured out, without a manual :),

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I am testing the Calix Pico. It's 30mm tall ( HUGE :D ) with 2ml liquid capacity. And it will come with a solid pin, airflow still from below so no more vaporization residues on the pin. That's a nano next to it on the Radius :)
You asked for the v1 short base back, so we did it with a twist! (and improvements)
IMG_20160329_232258.jpg
I really can't like this enough!!!!!
One LIKE is not enough!!!!

Off cigs

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Though I don't yet have a v2, I'm with HB, I like the height of the v1.

[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]
Don't get me wrong...
I like my v2!
But there's just something about the v1 that is different and magical!
(Not to mention I'm picky about height...so I'll be grabbing a Nano setup for my v2)

Off cigs

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Re: Pbusardo review

I did find the mention of the two other atty/mods at the beginning a bit off putting.

I had some troubles with wicking/juice flow when I first received the v1. I tried both grimmgreens, and Qorax methods . . . Still had some problems. Nobody's fault but mine. Now I face the wicks toward the juice openings, cut the wick to the edge of the threaded portion of the base, and tuck some of the wick down. Open JFC 1/4-1/2 open. May twist JFC back and forth a few times to see bubble release. I may also do the twist if I feel a dry hit coming on, and open the JFC a bit more. My juice is fairly thin, Halo TriBeCa.

I didn't have a problem with Phil's warning about the JFC. Opening it a little, to some, may mean a turn or more. To me, he was letting people know it's precise.

Billie already states about opening the JFC slightly when tightening the top cap after filling. You just need to check that the control will turn after fully tightening the top cap. You also need to make sure the JFC is not opening when removing the top cap to fill. No need for spines on the drip tip and JFC.

I do agree with Phil that there are a lot of sharp edges. I've taken a fine hone stone to some of mine. Need to do more of it. Just doing it a little at a time. I have direct patient contact with very ill people, and cuts on my fingers are a bad thing.

Overall, I thought it a positive review, other than the faux pas of the other atty/mods at the beginning. I excuse that, keeping in mind, he's trying to get people off cigarettes. Yes, they are likely made of inferior metals, with those inherent hazards, but it is a step away from cigarettes, and most, I think, do not stay with the vape atty/mods they begin with.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
@stanleybb50 where you be buddy?
Thanks for the heads up man!

I've been busy with rc cars.... Hahaha. My new obsession..!

This was tonight's project. Haha sorry for the thread derailment and like 9 pics (off topic!) :)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
On the topic of the P.Busardo Calix video, here are my two cents...

------------
With no offense meant to Billie, or the ByLeo family, of course...I was flat out surprised Phil even did a review on the Calix. Or Grimm Green.

I would never expect the "big" reviewers to appreciate the fine quality of a device like the Calix...v1 or v2.

These dudes are inundated with cheap, Chinese, high watt, low ohm accidents waiting to happen.

How are they supposed to remember that some people like to vape high quality gear, made from safe and reliable materials, at less than 200 watts...?

I cringed at the attitude Grimm Green showed, with his flippant remarks about "people still mouth-to-lung vape???"...
By the time his review had launched, the Calix v2 had dropped. He may as well have waited, and been able to give a better review.

These big time review guys see so much gear, that nothing is sacred to them. Which is a beneficial side effect for an unbiased reviewer.
What's hard to watch is when these guys start showing a bias towards certain types, styles, or even brands of devices.
Example: Phil has made an obvious switch to Temp Control devices/builds, and now shows that bias when reviewing anything that's NOT a TC device/build.
Sorry Phil, but your reputation as a fair, non-judgmental reviewer has become tainted.

These are the guys people hear about when they start vaping, or Google reviews for devices. The "celebrity" reviewers are "famous" because they get the most exposure. They should wield that exposure with great care.

------------
I don't know if it's the reviewers, or the manufacturers that are pushing the industry towards the high-watt, low ohm, wide-open-air setups (rebuildable or plug'n'play coil)...but I think it's safe to say it's heading that way.
And as more and more new vapers join us every day, they're getting started off with these kinds of setups. Which means these setups get more exposure, which creates more popularity, more reviews, and the cycle continues.

Some of these new vapers eventually find their way to lower watts, above 1.0 ohm, with tighter airflow...which may seem like a backwards journey to them.
Little do they know it took years for the industry to get to the place they started at.

---------
So, in closing...
It's a changing world we live in.

1. Would it be nice to see Phil leave his reviews to just one item? Yes.
But he's not breaking any laws. He's breaking respect and credibility boundaries. To start a review of a product, by promoting another product, is disrespectful and waters down his credibility.
People were giving him a hard time about not posting videos soon enough, or covering enough devices. But his current method of pumping one thing before reviewing another is foolish for his image.

2. Would it be nice if he took his time and seemed to fully grasp the capabilities of the devices he reviews? Yes.
But he's gained a certain level of fame from his reviews, and he is starting to become a victim of his own success. His popularity has caused a high demand for reviews from him, which makes him busy, which gives him less time with each device. "Excuses, excuses." Sure. But none of us are him. We can't judge him without knowing his situation.

3. Do these things apply to the rest of the "celebrity" reviewers? Yes.
The best we can do is rely on folks like Sir Qorax, and our own selves, to educate others on devices that aren't cheap Chinese gimmicks, or flash-in-the-pan trends and "phases" in the industry.
Vaping is starting to approach the point where we can safely say there are some tried and true things that just can't be improved upon. I say "starting" because I do believe that temperature control/monitoring/calculating devices will be important in the future, considering all the research being done in regards to how juice reacts at certain temperatures. Temperature devices/methods/materials are not a "phase", but they are FAR from being perfected, or at least "mastered" and standardized.

4. I mentioned Chinese products several times here. The reason for that is: Nothing of quality, in the vaping world, comes from China.
Is that meant as an insult to those who can't afford, or prefer, gear from China?
No.
But with the extreme boom of production in China, and their total lack of safety, material quality control, or even assembly/manufacturing quality control, it's fair to say Chinese gear is far below the quality of many other manufacturers.
On that same note, has anyone ever heard of counterfeits or "clones" being produced in any other country?
Am I biased against Chinese vape gear? Yes. My bias starts with their lawless lust for counterfeiting designs, followed closely by material quality, which is tantamount to end-user safety.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread