Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Billie, any news on the researching of a new adhesive for the Calix V1 tanks? I have 4 sitting here now that have failed, hence my order today for 2 PMMA replacements.:)
Nothing yet. :(
The ironic part is the answer most give me. "Well, if it was plastic on metal, it would be easier".

Reactions: HBcorpse

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
A huge shout out and thank you to @Billie-cig, I received my Calix V2 Nano today that I won on Billie's monthly give-away thread. Thank you Billie!

So it's only fair that I take time out to share some photos and thoughts on the Nano version for you all. I must admit to everybody that I'm a very big fan of nano atomizers and own quite a few. I have an Erlkonigin nano kit, a Mark Bugs Gem (which is about nano sized), a Gus Phenomenon Lite, and I've thrown nano kits on my authentic kayfun Lites as well.

This is a much better looking atomizer when you get it in your hands. It is beautifully machined with smooth threading on the chamber. Personally, I like the absence of logo-branding on the atomizer itself and putting it on the chamber to be seen through you liquid is a very classy touch. Billie was kind enough to send me the P3 threaded edition of the Calix Nano when I asked him.

I tried the upside down coiling method and pushed the coil to about even with the top of the mounting blocks as seemed to be the best way to get a little height above the air hole. Attaching the coil was very easy, with large capture screws that grabbed the wires without any problems.
LYvj9dK.jpg

It was difficult to get a pretty micro coil with the legs facing down, but it's good enough for me. This is 28g Kanthal about eight turns on a 5/64 drill bit, came out to 1.7 ohms - my sweet spot.

ATUpbZ6.jpg

Most people seemed to have better success with the direct wicking method, where the tails of your cotton wick are placed directly behind the juice holes. I followed @qorax's method and cut the tails of wick about even with the edge of the atty, and gentled stuffed them behind the juice openings. I'm using organic Japanese cotton. This was one of the easiest atomizers to wick that I own. Quick and simple. Kayfun simple, folks.

PbPCUoZ.jpg

I dabbed a little juice on the wick and put everything back together, remembering to close the chimney completely before filling. Filling was easy and convenient, just squeezed the juice from my tipped squeeze bottle and screwed on the top. No need to fiddle with turning it upside down and get a vacuum going (so far anyway). I opened the chamber one full turn after I attached the top and drip tip by turning the drip tip. Very easy to do with the logo on the chamber you can easily mark how far you have turned the juice control.

RWQKWVj.jpg

I had to close the airflow way down, nearly all the way closed, as the Calix has a huge air hole on the side and great potential for all you out there who love a non-restrictive airflow. I like the mouth-to-lung hits and have no problems with the Erlkonigin or Gem, but the Calix is blessed with the ability to deliver a lot more air if that's your preference.

W1EQJ1e.jpg

Flavor wise, this is only my first tank, but I can easily put the Calix on the list with my most flavorful atomizers. I don't say that lightly either, or just because I won this in a giveaway. I love high end vaping gear, and I don't hesitate to put out the money for a top quality piece of gear, so I have a bit of a background from which I'm making this claim. The Calix is really easy to build on, easy to wick correctly, and delivers flavor as good as just about any atomizer I own. With it's massive airflow, big clouds are an option for those of you who are into that sorta thing.

When it comes right down to it, I find myself turning to the atomizers that I can build quickly and without struggle and fill with out creating a mess all over my desk or my fingers. I look to those atomizers that are simple to take apart and put back together after cleaning, because I change flavors after nearly every tank (that's one of the down sides to DIY - you always have about 20 flavors in rotation that are your favorites or ready for testing). The Calix is stupid simple to build and put together, a well thought out design and execution. I can see myself coming back to this one pretty easily.

All in all, I can recommend the Calix V2 very highly for anybody out there on the fence about these. It is a solidly built piece of gear, with great looks and a lot of options for you to personalize with cages, tanks, tips and the like. It sits squarely in the middle of the high end RTA market in terms of price yet it performs as well as its pricier counterparts.

I will definitely be looking into Pico version and the full size version, but I wouldn't discount the possibility of another nano in my future either. I love nanos, and this one is truly fantastic. :thumbs:

Last edited:

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
Can someone share the airflow of gem markbug v2 compared to this? Or any other comparison like pico/serpent/aromamizer/subtankmini for max afc opening?
The airflow on the Calix is much, much greater than the Mark Bugs Gem. I just received the Nano version and I had to shut down the airflow almost all the way, while I run the Gem with its opening just touching the hole in the atomizer (almost all the way open). It can't compare to the Calix.

The airflow on the Calix is much, much greater than the Mark Bugs Gem. I just received the Nano version and I had to shut down the airflow almost all the way, while I run the Gem with its opening just touching the hole in the atomizer (almost all the way open). It can't compare to the Calix.

Thanks. But just to clarify, are you referring to gem v2 or gem v1? I was referring to gem v2 by the way.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
A huge shout out and thank you to @Billie-cig, I received my Calix V2 Nano today that I won on Billie's monthly give-away thread. Thank you Billie!

So it's only fair that I take time out to share some photos and thoughts on the Nano version for you all. I must admit to everybody that I'm a very big fan of nano atomizers and own quite a few. I have an Erlkonigin nano kit, a Mark Bugs Gem (which is about nano sized), a Gus Phenomenon Lite, and I've thrown nano kits on my authentic Kayfun Lites as well.

This is a much better looking atomizer when you get it in your hands. It is beautifully machined with smooth threading on the chamber. Personally, I like the absence of logo-branding on the atomizer itself and putting it on the chamber to be seen through you liquid is a very classy touch. Billie was kind enough to send me the P3 threaded edition of the Calix Nano when I asked him.

I tried the upside down coiling method and pushed the coil to about even with the top of the mounting blocks as seemed to be the best way to get a little height above the air hole. Attaching the coil was very easy, with large capture screws that grabbed the wires without any problems.
LYvj9dK.jpg

It was difficult to get a pretty micro coil with the legs facing down, but it's good enough for me. This is 28g Kanthal about eight turns on a 5/64 drill bit, came out to 1.7 ohms - my sweet spot.

ATUpbZ6.jpg

Most people seemed to have better success with the direct wicking method, where the tails of your cotton wick are placed directly behind the juice holes. I followed @qorax's method and cut the tails of wick about even with the edge of the atty, and gentled stuffed them behind the juice openings. I'm using organic Japanese cotton. This was one of the easiest atomizers to wick that I own. Quick and simple. Kayfun simple, folks.

PbPCUoZ.jpg

I dabbed a little juice on the wick and put everything back together, remembering to close the chimney completely before filling. Filling was easy and convenient, just squeezed the juice from my tipped squeeze bottle and screwed on the top. No need to fiddle with turning it upside down and get a vacuum going (so far anyway). I opened the chamber one full turn after I attached the top and drip tip by turning the drip tip. Very easy to do with the logo on the chamber you can easily mark how far you have turned the juice control.

RWQKWVj.jpg

I had to close the airflow way down, nearly all the way closed, as the Calix has a huge air hole on the side and great potential for all you out there who love a non-restrictive airflow. I like the mouth-to-lung hits and have no problems with the Erlkonigin or Gem, but the Calix is blessed with the ability to deliver a lot more air if that's your preference.

W1EQJ1e.jpg

Flavor wise, this is only my first tank, but I can easily put the Calix on the list with my most flavorful atomizers. I don't say that lightly either, or just because I won this in a giveaway. I love high end vaping gear, and I don't hesitate to put out the money for a top quality piece of gear, so I have a bit of a background from which I'm making this claim. The Calix is really easy to build on, easy to wick correctly, and delivers flavor as good as just about any atomizer I own. With it's massive airflow, big clouds are an option for those of you who are into that sorta thing.

When it comes right down to it, I find myself turning to the atomizers that I can build quickly and without struggle and fill with out creating a mess all over my desk or my fingers. I look to those atomizers that are simple to take apart and put back together after cleaning, because I change flavors after nearly every tank (that's one of the down sides to DIY - you always have about 20 flavors in rotation that are your favorites or ready for testing). The Calix is stupid simple to build and put together, a well thought out design and execution. I can see myself coming back to this one pretty easily.

All in all, I can recommend the Calix V2 very highly for anybody out there on the fence about these. It is a solidly built piece of gear, with great looks and a lot of options for you to personalize with cages, tanks, tips and the like. It sits squarely in the middle of the high end RTA market in terms of price yet it performs as well as its pricier counterparts.

I will definitely be looking into Pico version and the full size version, but I wouldn't discount the possibility of another nano in my future either. I love nanos, and this one is truly fantastic. :thumbs:
really nice share of your thoughts scot.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
Thanks. But just to clarify, are you referring to gem v2 or gem v1? I was referring to gem v2 by the way.
V1 is what I have, not sure about V2 but it sure looks like a major increase in airflow from V1. At the amount of air you can get from the Calix, though, I find it hard to believe it wouldn't be enough.

scotdc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Baby
The Pico version of the Calix is now available :)
Calix Pico - By Leo
Looks very nice Billie! Are you planning on making this a platform device as well where you can switch out the chamber and tank to make a full size V1?

I may have to try this out to compare to the V2.

Reactions: Billie-cig

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Looks very nice Billie! Are you planning on making this a platform device as well where you can switch out the chamber and tank to make a full size V1?

I may have to try this out to compare to the V2.
We will probably add that version in a few days :)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
So my Calix v2 seems to be leaking. I am always finding liquid under the atty and on the deck of my xvostick. Any ideas what may be causing this? I am LOVING this atty just need the leaking to stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It is very likely that you're seeing vapor condensation, and not leaking juice.
Unless of course your tank is actually leaking...in which case it wouldn't function properly.
But if it's vaping fine, then you can be sure you're seeing vapor condensation!

OC513

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
NYC
It is very likely that you're seeing vapor condensation, and not leaking juice.
Unless of course your tank is actually leaking...in which case it wouldn't function properly.
But if it's vaping fine, then you can be sure you're seeing vapor condensation!
I appreciate the reply. It seems to be too much for condensation but at the same time I also thought of it was leaking it wouldn't be functioning as well as it is. It hits WONDERFULLY. It just seems to be more than just condensation but I could be wrong. How much condensation is normal and can that be remedied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread