Batts on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
So I just received 4 sets of ultrafire batts from amazon...The batts I ordered were 16340 880mah 3.6v. The batts I received were 16340 1200mah 3.6v. The package label says 880mah, they are labeled on the batts them self as 1200mah. They last about 20min in my BP, and will not take a charge in my ultrafire charger. I know the charger works just fine as I have 3.7v 880mah ultrafire on it right now and working fine. Question, are these batts not compatible with the BP. I guess I'm answering my own question by the fact that they don't seem to work at all:D. Any comments?

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
How does the mah rating work out. I see on the Notcigs site, powerizer is rated @ 650 mah, I have almost always had 880 mah, Notcigs at one point sold 880mah. Does the mah have anything to do with run time. I, like everyone else want the biggest bang for the buck. Same question about the volts. I've used both 3.6 and 3.7v. I guess I'm admitting being a dummy when it comes to this stuff. I buy batts, charge, vape, wear them out and buy more.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Blazer the difference between 3.6 and 3.7v doesn't matter...sounds to me like you just got ripped on the batts, or they sent the wrong ones. The mah (in theory) should give you an indication on how long they will last, the higher the longer. Mike did some testing and discovered that many companies just flat out lie about their mah rating.

I haven't used untrafires in ages, but I ordered some trustfire flame jacket 16340's from amazon a few months back and they work very well. They are just a teeny bit longer and fit tight, but I have the all metal end caps on my BPs so they are ok. The powerizers Mike sells are very long lasting batts, they tested very good for being rated at 650mah.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... Does the mah have anything to do with run time. I, like everyone else want the biggest bang for the buck. Same question about the volts. I've used both 3.6 and 3.7v. I guess I'm admitting being a dummy when it comes to this stuff. I buy batts, charge, vape, wear them out and buy more.

mAh is Run Time. mAh = Milliamps per Hour. The Bigger the mAh, the Longer the Battery lasts before needing to be Charged.

But Don't get to Hung Up on the mAh Numbers that you see in a Battery Description. Or what is Printed on the Side of a Battery. Many Battery OEM's/Sellers overinflate the mAh Numbers to make it sound like there Batter is Better than the Next Guy's

The 3.6 and 3.7v is the Nominal Voltage. A Freshly Charged 3.7v battery will come off the Charger at about 4.2v. And then slowly Drop until it needs to be Recharged, around 3.4v.

Anything that ends in "Fire" should be Avoided when thinking about putting it intoa e-Cigarette. They just aren't very good Batteries. And there is more Clones and Knock-Off out there then the Real Ones. A Lot More.

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey thanks everybody for the replies. I can't believe I had a brain fart and didn't figure out mah I should know that, I think I did lol...
Also, I have been using some flame TF's from china (through amazon) with stellar run times. I went to order them again and they now charge shipping when before they were so inexpensive I couldn't believe the price, but they are the real deal...And yes to re-labeled fakes, plenty out there. I think I just got some according to how mah equates, these should run for days at 1200mah. I did manage more than 20min run time from them when I charged my new ultrafires on my trustfire charger. I got like 4-5hrs, that's not even acceptable at all. I think I'll either get the china TF's with the whopping 880mah, or from Buzz at the 650mah. I think 5C has the right idea to just avoid the headache and get them from Buzz. Faster shipping from Buzz, or a month from china, better service, and support from Buzz. And now with the china shipping, they are the same price as from Buzz(minus shipping cost). SOLD!!! Notcigs is better deal.:D

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here is what Cracks me up about Batteries...

Ultrafire BRC 18650 4,000mAh.

$8.53 UltraFire BRC 18650 3.7V "4000mAh" Protected Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack) 2-pack - with carrying case / 1740mAh actual capacity at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Wow... 4,000mAh! That's Cool. I could run one o those Puppies for 2 Days.

But then you Look a little Closer and notice that it says in the Description that the Actual mAh is 1740.

OK... I know the Rule of Thumb is to take any Battery that end in "Fire" and divide the mAh by 2 to get the Actual mAh. But this is Even Less.

LOL

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
These are the ones I am using, got 4 pairs last Nov. and they are still going strong. Amazon.com: TrustFire Protected 16340 880mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries Battery (2-Pack): Camera & Photo

Zoid, I respectfully disagree with your statement about anything with "fire" on the end of the name :)

Blazer, if you decide to order the powerizers from Mike, they are great for the Buzz Pro but DO NOT use them in any other mod...they are not fully protected batts. They are safe for the BP with all of it's own built in protection.

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
These are the ones I am using, got 4 pairs last Nov. and they are still going strong. Amazon.com: TrustFire Protected 16340 880mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries Battery (2-Pack): Camera & Photo

Zoid, I respectfully disagree with your statement about anything with "fire" on the end of the name :)

Blazer, if you decide to order the powerizers from Mike, they are great for the Buzz Pro but DO NOT use them in any other mod...they are not fully protected batts. They are safe for the BP with all of it's own built in protection.

Hmm, I see some similarities in our thinking Bov. I bought those exact batts, 4 sets this past November also...They have and still are the best batts I have ever had so far. I'm just discouraged to buy them again because now they want so much for shipping. IIRC the 4 sets cost a touch over $25 shipped from China with plastic batt boxes, now they will be that plus 4.49 ea set shipped. Still a semi fair price IF they are of the same quality...

zoiDman, don't hold out, what batts without ending in Fire do you use. Just curious. I've used both trust and ultrafires with no issues up until this last purchase, and I used powerizers all with good results.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

zoiDman, don't hold out, what batts without ending in Fire do you use. Just curious. I've used both trust and ultrafires with no issues up until this last purchase, and I used powerizers all with good results.

I have had Very Good Luck using AW IMR's and IC's.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread