Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra-X

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Memphis, TN, USA
Hi epices,

This is the ultimate question when it comes down to us who have used vaping to stop smoking.
at what point, does is this substitute no longer neeed?

im still fairly new to this. i want to be able to say i would quit ciggies altogether, but i define myself as a person who enjoys smoking.
not taken a real cig, not even a puff, since i started vaping exclusively, so not sure if i would be able to go back to real cigarettes or not. Would hope i would not, but to be honest, i think i would. Where i am at, cigarettes aren't too expensive and i was already down to a third of a pack or so a day on average so going back to cigarettes would not break me, and looking at some of the juice costs out there, it'd save money by going back to smoking.

So far for me, vaping is still a substitute, though i hope to think differently in a year from now. (did one step down on the nicotine and about to do another one this coming week)
:2c:

Happy Vaping / Be Healthy / Happy Holidays.

I'm almost three weeks analog-free. The longer I vape, the more I hate everything about analogs.

I don't know what I would do should vaping become inaccessible (eg. legislation) or proven to be as deadly as ciggies in the long run (unlikely). I would forever miss the inhalation (esp. throat hit), but would probably not become a smoker again.

What would you do? If you had only two alternatives: a) smoking cigarettes or b) not inhaling anything - which would you choose?

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
That's a hard question to answer!! I truly hope I would not go back to cigarettes and really don't think I would.....but....I truly don't think I need the nicotine anymore....but I sure would miss the behavioral stuff and the yummy taste. I suppose there would be a warning period if ecigs were totally banned; maybe I'd buy up some stuff and start making my own liquid...guess I'd have to learn to make coils and wicks too....:?:

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I am sure someone will figure out how to extract nico from eggplants and it will be on Youtube.............Pg, VG, Flavors, water, cotton, hardware (kanthal, batts, even attys, tanks, mods etc) are very difficult to ban/regulate............we will survive...........we will keep vaping - we will help each other live longer, stay off cancer sticks and destory BT and BP (the last one maybe wishful thinking - lol)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
it's been a little over 3 years without a cigarette so if for some reason I couldn't vape I don't think I could go back to smoking I'm down to 4mg juice so if I really needed nic I'd probably use nicorette

yeah, I went down to 6mg from 18mg over a year ago with that thought in mind.

I probably gonna cut my 6mg to 1/2 soon.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I don't know what I would do should vaping become inaccessible (eg. legislation)
I wouldn't go back to analogs, nor would I would I give up vaping either. It will never be so inaccessible that I'd have to give it up if I didn't want to. The most they can do is push it somewhat underground. Sorry, but I'm an adult. As long as I'm not hurting anyone else, I'm free to do what I want, and I don't give a damn whether the nanny-state approves or not.

suzukirobguy

Dec 18, 2013
Maryland
I'm new to vaping, got a Halo Triton kit about 6 weeks ago. I've smoked one pack of cigarettes in that time, but that was at the beginning. Its been almost two weeks without cigarettes, and I don't miss it at all. I didn't think I'd ever be able to quit. I enjoyed smoking. Now I enjoy Vaping way more. I'm rebuilding my atomizers with Kanthal ribbon wire, and using a local vape shops juice. Blueberry RY4. Its delicious. I'm so happy I went this route, and my body is already thanking me. I've gotten two of my friends to start vaping, both of which have quit smoking cigarettes. They both have thanked me more than once. I'm happy with the performance of my Triton, but works way better with the kanthal ribbon wire. three times the vapor production. My wife is loving it too. I don't smell like smoke anyone. win win situation. Its gonna be a very Merry Christmas!! And to answer the question, I wont go back to smoking cigarettes. I'm proud that I even could. Thanks to all the vapers along the way who have offered their support and knowledge.

Last edited:

Rictic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Miami, FL
I'm with everyone that's mentioning mechanicals and rebuildables. That's all I'm using now, and if you learn how to maintain mechanicals and rebuild rebuildables, all you have to do is get into DIY juices in the case of a ban. You'd be vaping illegally, but you'd be vaping no problem. Supplies for mechs and RBAs last for a very long time....

If you are worried about vaping bans and don't want to go back to smoking analogs, start learning about mechs, RBAs, and DIY liquids.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Plan B - posted that somehwere already. Nic is they key.

Seeing all that stuff on yt, I'd give it maybe 72 hours, and there'd be a ton of clips on how to fashion 'electrically powered, portable mini air moisturizers' ;) .

PG and VG have so many uses that it's going to be always available.

Flavours. Huh. BT and BP mighty heap mean guys. Or so you think. Big Food makes 'em look like little critters in comparison. And BF needs the flavours to make some of that swill they sell as food palatable in the first place.

Leaves nic base. I looked it up. Extracting it from raw tobacco seems doable without blowing places into orbit.
Besides, considering the potential profit margin once it's banned, the Chinese will begin digging a tunnel to Alaska on he first day of the ban...

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
If it comes right down to it I think I could go no nic. If I haven't already made it there by then. I don't see DIY supplies going away they are used for to many other things.

For me the physical habits involved were what I couldn't get away from. I have to darn many family members with degrees in redneck engineering and a knack for evading regulations to not have access to mech mods.
(Hubs dad ran a drive thru window in a dry county :toast:)

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
item81337_jpg.jpg

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Well I've made heavy investments into my vape gear and DIY supplies so that would never be a choice I would have to make. Unless they mandate a house to house search and seizure policy their is no way that any regulation is going to stop me from vaping and have to rely on smokes.

Got that covered to I have a herd of cats...false bottom in a litterbox should do it :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread